Is there a poster insightful enough to explain why Dak and Cooper are still not signed?

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want Dak and Zeke to leave, but I certainly wouldn't blame them.

Don’t forget about Garrett he isn’t going anywhere. Damn near a cockroach that can survive a nuclear attack

CPanther95

Reaction score
Dak is asking for a ton of money. Whether he's worth it or not, you may as well let him play another year for cheap.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want Dak and Zeke to leave, but I certainly wouldn't blame them.

There is no better position in football than QB of the Dallas Cowboys. No one walks away from that dream.
50% of football fans like you, the other 50% absolutely hate you. But, 100% watch. I work with fans from all over the US and every Monday morning they are all talking about the Cowboys and Dak more than their own teams. No joke. If they aren't talking about Dak, it's likely they are still talking about Romo.

kskboys

Reaction score
There is no better position in football than QB of the Dallas Cowboys. No one walks away from that dream.
50% of football fans like you, the other 50% absolutely hate you. But, 100% watch. I work with fans from all over the US and every Monday morning they are all talking about the Cowboys and Dak more than their own teams. No joke. If they aren't talking about Dak, it's likely they are still talking about Romo.
Not everyone is motivated by fame and money. I think you may be assigning thoughts and feelings to Dak that may not be there.

CWR

Reaction score
Too much focus on oil and gas plays and not enough on signing his best players???

Thats a hell of a question. I don't think it is helpful to let this drag on.

Id hate to see Mahomes contract. If we dont get Daks deal done first we will regret it.

I look for at least one of the two to be done prior to the offseason, leaving the franchise tag available for the other while we work out a long term deal.

Although Id love to have them both done and the luxury of franchising Bjones. The further along this season goes the more Ive changed my mind about letting him walk.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Both sides have to agree. Offers have been made and both Dak and Amari have turned them down. Like everything with this team, it is a process. Blame Jerry and Stephen? Blame Dak and Amari?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Too much focus on oil and gas plays and not enough on signing his best players???
they been made offers and counter offers etc etc at this point they want more then the cowboys are willing to pay right at the moment..that could change, FT TT and other things to get a better idea of their true market..they are betting on themselves and rejected early offers.. THATS WHY..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooper is a top 5 receiver and difference maker, offense desperately needs. The least astute football executive can see that. He needs to stay.
he was offered top 5 money, rejected it, hes wanting top 2-3 money.. heck, his camp might want to be the market setter..stop blaming the FO as they have made offers..

blueblood70

Reaction score
it was Pre season...it was discussed, both Dak and Coop rejected a few offers.. they both are betting on themselves and the FO and both of them will see how the market will settle in after the season..one will be tagged the other paid..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What are "oil and gas" plays? Why are you so concerned about re-signing these two? Do you really think the possibility exists that it won't get done? I ask because you need to know that possibility doesn't exist. Jerry will retain the services of these two, even if it means slapping a tag on one of them.

CWR

Reaction score
he was offered top 5 money, rejected it, hes wanting top 2-3 money.. heck, his camp might want to be the market setter..stop blaming the FO as they have made offers..

I think the hold up is based on length of contract. We want to hold him down for a longer contract and he is looking at another pay day after this next contract. At least that's what I've heard. Fwiw

romonumberone

Reaction score
They both want a lot of money. Cooper I feel is worth it. Dak no.

If you put Dak on an average offensive football team what would that look like? The WR's take away Amari Cooper.... there is nothing average about Cooper. So You would have Gallup & Cobb that would probably be an average WR core in the NFL. Take away Zeke. Take away at least 2 of the 4 studs on the O line. For this game we will take away Zach Martin and Collins. Leave Tyron and Frederick. The TE's Jarwin & Witten are probably considered average... although I think Jarwin could be a stud if they would use him more.

So take away Cooper, Zeke, Collins, & Martin.... that would be an average offense for the NFL. How would Dak do? How would the Offense do with the QB leading them? How many games would the Cowboys win? As it stands now they are only 5-4.... these would be the questions I would be asking myself before I decided on how much I should pay Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They both want a lot of money. Cooper I feel is worth it. Dak no.

If you put Dak on an average offensive football team what would that look like? The WR's take away Amari Cooper.... there is nothing average about Cooper. So You would have Gallup & Cobb that would probably be an average WR core in the NFL. Take away Zeke. Take away at least 2 of the 4 studs on the O line. For this game we will take away Zach Martin and Collins. Leave Tyron and Frederick. The TE's Jarwin & Witten are probably considered average... although I think Jarwin could be a stud if they would use him more.

So take away Cooper, Zeke, Collins, & Martin.... that would be an average offense for the NFL. How would Dak do? How would the Offense do with the QB leading them? How many games would the Cowboys win? As it stands now they are only 5-4.... these would be the questions I would be asking myself before I decided on how much I should pay Dak.
only issue with that is motivation for cooper..

hes shown int he past to disappear from games etc be very inconsistent, give up when games or the ball isnt coming his way.. this year not so much, why because hes in a big contract year..

hes playnig hurt a lot but he seems to have a lot of lower body injuries and what will he do once hes paid? sit more, heal more, ?? I dont know but I know Dez got paid had similar injuries' he played through a lot and just started dropping off cliff sooner then we thought..

Daks healthy and durable and having a career year..if the FO has to make choice to wither or , Daks getting paid..we have Gallup possibly on the come up and can draft a wr if needed..

I know they feed off each other but we know the FO..they have to consider coops past and injuries/..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
only issue with that is motivation for cooper..

hes shown int he past to disappear from games etc be very inconsistent, give up when games or the ball isnt coming his way.. this year not so much, why because hes in a big contract year..

hes playnig hurt a lot but he seems to have a lot of lower body injuries and what will he do once hes paid? sit more, heal more, ?? I dont know but I know Dez got paid had similar injuries' he played through a lot and just started dropping off cliff sooner then we thought..

Daks healthy and durable and having a career year..if the FO has to make choice to wither or , Daks getting paid..we have Gallup possibly on the come up and can draft a wr if needed..

I know they feed off each other but we know the FO..they have to consider coops past and injuries/..
Cooper wasn’t in a contract year when he played well with the Cowboys last year.