Is there a stat on daks arm strength / velocity?

Hadenough

Reaction score
There has to be right? There’s stats on everything. I feel like it’s lacking zip
Hahaha I noticed that big-time when Romo came into the game against Philly back in 2016. Dak lobs the ball a lot and he can get away with it against crap defenses but tighter coverage gives him fits.

exciter

Reaction score
Thank you, great stats.

Do they have the same for quick release. I thought I heard Marino had a fast release as did Romo.

When I watch Dak it seems like his motion takes forever.
Funny you bring that up.
Not sure if it’s something they record at combine because it’s usually something that has to be corrected to some extent with rookies. Big QB out of Marshal who was the OC in Tampa a few years back who bust with the Jags had a slow wind up that was never correctable… can’t remember name offhand.

As for Dak, Collinsworth did a sketch segment thing on his release time during his rookie season (in game). It wasn’t the fastest ever but he was in top 3rd, very little wind up or wasted motion!

HungryLion

Reaction score
He doesn’t have elite arm strength. But his arm is above average and strong enough to make all the throws needed.

His shortcomings are not due to a lack of arm strength.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strange how so many QBs threw faster with their left arm. (I'm assuming 56 Left / 54 Right designates throwing with their left/right arm.)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
YAC matters..not sure if there is data minus that...for any QB YAC glorifies stats
so does it glorify all the other QBs that had higher numbers or just Dak?
so if there is YAC, does it mean the QB was accurate allowing the WR to make yards after catch?
and there is also Air yards. the distance travelled by the ball to the reciever (to simplify). so there is that also.

and when it comes to that...cowboys were 17th....niners were first.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
so does it glorify all the other QBs that had higher numbers or just Dak?
so if there is YAC, does it mean the QB was accurate allowing the WR to make yards after catch?
and there is also Air yards. the distance travelled by the ball to the reciever (to simplify). so there is that also.

and when it comes to that...cowboys were 17th....niners were first.
all other QB's, and outside of Lamb, this team has nobody that can be successful on the ground or YAC. Tua is a perfect example of a QB who isn't a downfield thrower, he has jets on each side of WR that will glorify his actual passing yards. They will also be able to run the game with that passing game. Lucky us, has neither

sillycon

Reaction score
Eyeball test tells me he's Kirk Cousins in terms of arm strength. Not a noodle arm like Cooper Rush but certainly not one that's befitting of a contract like that..