Is there an actual plan for this season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
So far there doesn't seem to be anything that makes us fans believe we will be better than we were last season. I'm trying to remain hopeful, without over doing it. These 20+ years of not winning anything major except building our STATS and filling Jerry's pockets, is taking a toll on so many of us.

Is the plan to build solely on the draft, and go from there with free agency? I can see why they may not be signing VETS for this one reason. At this point in their careers, these guys don't want to do training camp, OTA'S etc, they want to come back around pre season. In which you'll see them on the PUP list for a few weeks, then they're able to play!

Back to the draft, if we're truly building through the draft, realistically how many of these players drafted will make enough of an impact to help us this season. Let's not forget the players we drafted last year.

There has to be a plan, the cowboys fan base deserves something to get us excited about. At this point, we're losing hope. I don't want them to start making genius moves either to somehow try and appeal to us. Just be smart, and make good moves!!

Come up with a plan, a winning plan that makes sense........! Please give your thoughts

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Voice = Uh, Um *lip smacks* I uh Just hope to be alive another year and uh keep being rich and hmm *lip smacks* be in the spotlight as the owner, um, gm, um, face of, ring of honor decider, um *lip smacks* and big daddy.
As far as spending money on Big FAs, even one, to make this team better...uh...mmm...*lip smacks*...El Paso hehehe

LittleD

Reaction score
It's called TANK! in preparation for Payton next season. Next year will be a firesale on large contracts. We may even draft Dak's eventual replacement. It's past time for a 2x15 season. Lots of dead wood coaches and
players on this team now.

Carson

Reaction score
It's called TANK! in preparation for Payton next season. Next year will be a firesale on large contracts. We may even draft Dak's eventual replacement. It's past time for a 2x15 season. Lots of dead wood coaches and
Lol if you actual believe that’s how this team will think and operate

blueblood70

Reaction score
So far there doesn't seem to be anything that makes us fans believe we will be better than we were last season. I'm trying to remain hopeful, without over doing it. These 20+ years of not winning anything major except building our STATS and filling Jerry's pockets, is taking a toll on so many of us.

Is the plan to build solely on the draft, and go from there with free agency? I can see why they may not be signing VETS for this one reason. At this point in their careers, these guys don't want to do training camp, OTA'S etc, they want to come back around pre season. In which you'll see them on the PUP list for a few weeks, then they're able to play!

Back to the draft, if we're truly building through the draft, realistically how many of these players drafted will make enough of an impact to help us this season. Let's not forget the players we drafted last year.

There has to be a plan, the cowboys fan base deserves something to get us excited about. At this point, we're losing hope. I don't want them to start making genius moves either to somehow try and appeal to us. Just be smart, and make good moves!!

Come up with a plan, a winning plan that makes sense........! Please give your thoughts
really taking a toll on US? seriously you are losing sleep over a sports franchise offseason 6 months before a real game is played LMAO..hey lets start whining about 2023s off season now why not never too early around here LMAO dang 2023 is a total fail..im done in over this the FPO doesnt have plan for 2-23 its over

you all need to calm down its 6 months before game 1 and these posts keep flowing in..the plan develops all the way up to game 1 and REALLY UP TO THE TRADE DEADLINE..cant they have more than 6 weeks to appease the soft ,impatient, and severely brain damaged fan base?

not concerned...

its still far too soon to be judge the roster 6months before game 1 maybe let the rest of the off season develop before all these type of posts..we have the draft , we have FAS we can pick up that will be released or cut post draft and post june 1st we have an entire offseason left most here think its started and finished already before one Mini camp, before one ota, before training camp and before preseason. That what the dang offseason is used for ..you develop the roster and make changes where needed and then when the real games start we can watch and see what might eb glaring issue.

until then let's see how this plays out before another post of nothing but guessing.

the holes if any will present themselves once we get into august/September..then this type of post will be a bit easier to answer.

not sure why fans and the zone keep taking shots a the roster with all the time still ahead for the FO to plug the holes ,.this isnt the team roster we are rolling with come sept 1st is it? ok then lets wait. There are 100s of posts on how bad this offseason allegedly is and odd thing is it only 6 weeks into a very long process teams use to build rosters..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There's always a plan. Just because we aren't privy to it, doesn't mean there isn't one. As much as many of you may disagree, these guys aren't stupid. They surround themselves with scouts that know what they are talking about. They may want to take the credit and that's fine.......Jerry is the owner and he deserves the credit as much as he deserves the blame. At the end of the day, we usually have very talented rosters. Unfortunately, it takes more than talent to win.....the mental side of the game is where I see a need for an attitude adjustment.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Just be smart, and make good moves!!

Come up with a plan, a winning plan that makes sense........!
LOL your asking way too much of the jones boys !

Now ask yourself if they couldnt do the above last year or the past 2 decades why do you think they suddenly will??

All you can do is wait till they draft, analyze that, then wait and see what they do till tc in FA or trades.

I think their basic plan is to trim some fat, the fat being guys they didnt want anymore or want to pay.
and to come up with a competitve roster.
Jerry thinks all you have to do is get in playoffs, and you can go on a SB run, so plan is to make playoffs.

75boyz

Reaction score
My guess is the season will offer up the 3 coaching options of Payton, Quinn or Moore.

As to how any of these guys is to become the next HC of Dallas is my only uncertainty going forward.

My Captain Obvious gut instinct anticipates one of the above being chosen but have no idea how all the DRAMA will unfold in actually leading up to this event.

Stay tuned.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why would Payton come to the Cowboys mid fire sale? The guy is about to be 60 years old, I have to believe if he comes back its to a team ready to compete right away. I have to believe part of the reason he retired was the due to the Saints cap & QB situation.

Plus the Cowboys may not be much better in 2022, but in the NFL East this team wins 7 games by accident.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

There are definitely things that you can hang your hat on that would make you think certain parts of the team will be better.

But dont you think you should wait until after the draft and FA to start whining about team improvements?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Jerry Voice = Uh, Um *lip smacks* I uh Just hope to be alive another year and uh keep being rich and hmm *lip smacks* be in the spotlight as the owner, um, gm, um, face of, ring of honor decider, um *lip smacks* and big daddy.
As far as spending money on Big FAs, even one, to make this team better...uh...mmm...*lip smacks*...El Paso hehehe

The extra saliva he has in his mouth sickens me every time he talks uhh!! You didn't stutter enough!!

We really uhhhh ummmm licks lips what we're uhhh ehhhhhhhhhhh ahh with the Dallas cowboys, I feel in my heart that we uhhhhh huuhh ummm ahhhhh have Micah Parsons and uhhh he ummm as you know is ahhhhhhhhhhhhh good of a player we uhhhhh like him a lot lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Sounds good to me, start with Zeke first!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The plan never changes. Fall in love with our guys and try and keep them and ignore other players around the league that are better or can help unless they will sign a dirt cheap or (and) one year deal...

So true lol!!!!!