Is there any other owner who has fired two HOF coaches?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Jimmy/Jerry parting ways was only a matter of time.

Two ego maniacs with one of them having the tendency to by a Gypsy.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I suppose he might also be the only owner to allow the PFHOF to come before team honoring (ring of honor/team HOF) despite having a five year head start on the PFHOF.
And he did it twice.
In the span of a year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wasn’t even alive when they fired Landry but I always thought it was something that should’ve happened at that point? The Jimmy thing was insane. Not sure if those two are the same at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wasn’t even alive when they fired Landry but I always thought it was something that should’ve happened at that point? The Jimmy thing was insane. Not sure if those two are the same at all.

I often wonder what would have happened if Coach Landry would have been allowed to draft Troy and rebuild? I mean, who can say right but that was the plan before Coach Landry got fired.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Browns fired Belichick when he was at the prime age for coaching...anything Jerry did can't be worse...

Landry was way past time to retire.

Jimmy invoked Jerry to fire him because he wanted to leave but also wanted to get paid for the remaining part of his contract.

Parcells just came because he needed money and Jerry was not going to fire him.

I do wish that Jerry would have convinced Jimmy to stay with a contract extension but that was not going to happen after Jimmy intentionally "showed him up" in front of the coaching staff.
switzer won a sb and was fired due to airport firearm incident..") 2 in a row

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I often wonder what would have happened if Coach Landry would have been allowed to draft Troy and rebuild? I mean, who can say right but that was the plan before Coach Landry got fired.
Interesting question, but they probably wouldn't have done the Herschel Walker deal though, which was obviously important to the rebuild

cowboyec

Reaction score
Interesting question, but they probably wouldn't have done the Herschel Walker deal though, which was obviously important to the rebuild
Coach Landry's triplets...Troy,Herschel and Michael.
Randy White probably doesn't retire...and you'd think Doug Cosbie,Michael Downs and Everson Walls remain.
I don't think they win only 1 game....would Coach Landry start Troy as a rookie?...woulda been interesting to watch.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but struggled to fire garrett smh
giphy.gif

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
not true Switzer went to an NFCCG and won a SB
so dust off the cobwebs in your memory, now he did fire him but it was for airport GUN incident..

so he did fire him

technically Bill quit , landry didnt have contract with the new Company as its the way it goes.. so he truly only fired Jimmy without true cause....
Fact Master here.

Yep..correct.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Aikman being drafted would be a move for Landry for sure.

But engineering the Hershel Walker trade to Minny was not in anybody's wheel house except Johnson's.

Wonder how he thought of that anyway?

Anybody know that story?

Plankton

Reaction score
Carroll Rosenbloom fired three - Weeb Ewbank and Don Shula with the Colts and then fired George Allen with the Rams.

Art Modell fired Paul Brown and Bill Belichick. He also fired Marty Schottenheimer, should he ever get enshrined into the Hall of Fame (it's only a matter of time for Belichick).

cowboyec

Reaction score
Aikman being drafted would be a move for Landry for sure.

But engineering the Hershel Walker trade to Minny was not in anybody's wheel house except Johnson's.

Wonder how he thought of that anyway?

Anybody know that story?
he said he wanted to get good in a hurry and that Herschel was the best player they had...so they put him out there to see what they could get....rest is history.

if Landry comes back in '89...the offense woulda been Herschel heavy....I wonder if he still trades Steve Pelluer....and who starts...Danny or Troy???...probably Danny...I bet he sits Aikman as a rookie and lets him learn.
we'll never know.
I don't think they win only 1 game tho.