Is there anyway we can vote Deandre Jordan out of the fanbase?

erod

Reaction score
So I detailed Cuban's multiple failings on the Mavericks message board. And now I'm banned. LOL

It's hard to be a Mavs fan because the fan base is made up of so many paste-eating, never-had-a-date little geeks. Cuban's petulance runs through it.

When Dirk leaves, I probably will, too. It's the kind of franchise that you just kind of outgrow.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Cuban is to the Mavs what Jon Daniels is to the Rangers. OVER RATED.

There's a stink on the Mavs that players apparently players don't like, perhaps that stink is Cuban. For as good as he is at business, he played this horribly. He should have never spoken about the deal or what they would have done if they didn't sign him. You never celebrate or make a deal public that isn't 100% signed and closed. Had he kept quiet, he still may have lost DJ but at least he wouldn't be dealing with the PR damage. If he was really smart, he should have put DJ on his private jet and sent him to a private beach house overseas until after the date the contract became official.

He's now been screwed by Rondo, DJ & Lamar Odom. The Mavs desperately need to change the image they have created for themselves among the league because it appears Dallas in't considered a good destination for the best players and I don't see that improving anytime soon.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
There's a stink on the Mavs that players apparently players don't like, perhaps that stink is Cuban. For as good as he is at business, he played this horribly. He should have never spoken about the deal or what they would have done if they didn't sign him. You never celebrate or make a deal public that isn't 100% signed and closed. Had he kept quiet, he still may have lost DJ but at least he wouldn't be dealing with the PR damage. If he was really smart, he should have put DJ on his private jet and sent him to a private beach house overseas until after the date the contract became official.

He's now been screwed by Rondo, DJ & Lamar Odom. The Mavs desperately need to change the image they have created for themselves among the league because it appears Dallas in't considered a good destination for the best players and I don't see that improving anytime soon.

I hate to admit it, but you're probably right.

Of course, I don't know Cuban, but my assessment from a distance is one of an athlete wannabe, who has remains trapped in in geekdom like so many very smart folks.

His handling of many players and prospects has been immature at times, and clueless occasionally. I don't view him as early JJ (bumbling ego), but he has no doubt made some glaring mistakes, and has sometimes outsmarted himself.

This is gonna hurt for a while, and can only be overcome if he has some kind of monumental success with the draft and FA bonanza of 2016.

ragman

Reaction score
Apparently, DeAndre Jordan's word is as good as his FT%.

If they do another version of The Wizard of Oz, I know who'd be perfect to play The Cowardly Lion.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Honestly..... Mavs fans..... The Mavs need to draft better, be more invested in the draft... If you build a solid foundation around your stars... aging or not, you will be a better first and foremost, have more trade flexibility, and attract more free agents because there is something to work with. Look no further than your neighboring Spurs. The Mavs have to change their philosophy a bit in my opinion... Give Cuban credit for being energetic and one of the boys, but he needs Donnie Nelson to expand his philosophy for everyone's good....

But what do I know... I'm a Sixer fan:(

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dirk's contract is an albatross and you are never going to ring again with that defense playing significant minutes. I don't care who you put him with.

Cuban almost gets ANOTHER top FA and barely misses at the 11th hour. This is taken as an indictment of the organization? Most teams never get that shot and he does it year after year.

Jason Garrett talks about mental toughness and handling adversity. Mavs fans could take some notes. As a SPURS fan I enjoy watching the rats jump ship.

Good job supporting your team MAVS fans.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Dirk's contract is an albatross and you are never going to ring again with that defense playing significant minutes. I don't care who you put him with.

Cuban almost gets ANOTHER top FA and barely misses at the 11th hour. This is taken as an indictment of the organization? Most teams never get that shot and he does it year after year.

Jason Garrett talks about mental toughness and handling adversity. Mavs fans could take some notes. As a SPURS fan I enjoy watching the rats jump ship.

Good job supporting your team MAVS fans.

Dirk only makes 8.3 a year... and is willing to take less, and move to the bench... if anything he's an asset, because he's still respected, and very aware of where he is in his career.... The Mavs have problems, but he's not one

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dirk only makes 8.3 a year... and is willing to take less, and move to the bench... if anything he's an asset, because he's still respected, and very aware of where he is in his career.... The Mavs have problems, but he's not one

His defense is a big gaping wound. I think his ortg was slightly above his drtg last season but I think this is the year that the worm finally turns.

He is a white elephant it seems.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
His defense is a big gaping wound. I think his ortg was slightly above his drtg last season but I think this is the year that the worm finally turns.

He is a white elephant it seems.

In theory, If Aldridge signed, he would have been coming off the bench... And he's willing.... 35 minutes a game of Dirk is not helping anyone... but again, I think he is aware of this at this point.....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
who is playing the 1 and 5?

They have some real problems, it doesn't matter who they signed, they would have had holes, as your question suggest....... Aldridge was adamant that wherever he goes, he's not playing 5, so Dirk offered to come off the bench.... But I don't think any signing would have solved their problems... I've already expressed where I feel like Dallas is failing. They need to be more invested in the draft, they have not drafted well since Dirk.... hoping to sway players to your team over and over again is like hoping lighting continues to strike in the same place imo.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
They have some real problems, it doesn't matter who they signed, they would have had holes, as your question suggest....... Aldridge was admit that wherever he goes, he's not playing 5, so Dirk offered to come off the bench.... But I don't think any signing would have solved their problems... I've already expressed where I feel like Dallas is failing. They need to be more invested in the draft, they have not drafted well since Dirk.... hoping to sway players to your team over and over again is like hoping lighting continues to strike in the same place imo.

Absolutely right. You have to be able to draft and develop players and Dallas has been sub par in that regard.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cuban's legacy will be the years of Dirk's career he wasted by running off Nash, not re-signing Tyson, and letting Donnie draft half of Indonesia.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but even if they tank, doesn't that pick belong to Boston?

The pick is "protected". If it is the 7th overall or better, the Mavs keep the pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So I detailed Cuban's multiple failings on the Mavericks message board. And now I'm banned. LOL

It's hard to be a Mavs fan because the fan base is made up of so many paste-eating, never-had-a-date little geeks. Cuban's petulance runs through it.

When Dirk leaves, I probably will, too. It's the kind of franchise that you just kind of outgrow.

Did you go to dallas-mavs.com?

I haaaaaate that website.

Those guys freak out anytime someone starts a new thread.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They have some real problems, it doesn't matter who they signed, they would have had holes, as your question suggest....... Aldridge was adamant that wherever he goes, he's not playing 5, so Dirk offered to come off the bench.... But I don't think any signing would have solved their problems... I've already expressed where I feel like Dallas is failing. They need to be more invested in the draft, they have not drafted well since Dirk.... hoping to sway players to your team over and over again is like hoping lighting continues to strike in the same place imo.

Dallas with Jordan was going to be 7th seed at best but could potentially flop and get a lotto pick.

So we would've had great building blocks, cap space, and potentially a lotto pick.