Is there someone you think would be a good NFL Commissioner?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've made no secret that I think Goodell is an awful commissioner, and I know I'm not alone. However, I don't know who would be a candidate to replace him. I never thought I would say this, but I miss Tagliabue. He had his faults, but he was certainly better than Goodell. My brother would like to see Roger Staubach do it, but I think that's a pipe dream. Staubach certainly is a very intelligent man, but he's already doing really well in his real estate business. He really has no reason to become the commish, and I'd doubt he's interested in doing it. Some thing with John Madden. He definitely has the smarts and knows the game, but I'd doubt he would agree to it or that the owners would pursue him. Is there someone out there who would be a real candidate if my prayers are answered and Goodell is either fired or kidnapped by pygmies and forced to live in a mud hut in the jungle?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Condoleezza Rice. She says it's her dream job anyway so why not let her do it.

I had no idea she was interested. How well does she know the game? She's definitely a pleasant and likable woman and is intelligent. If she has good knowledge of the game, maybe she could do a good job.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see...
Someone who knows football.
Someone who is currently available and would like to work in the NFL.
Someone whose selection wouldn't antagonize the NFLPA.
Isn't it an obvious choice? Kaepernick for commissioner.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Let's see...
Someone who knows football.
Someone who is currently available and would like to work in the NFL.
Someone whose selection wouldn't antagonize the NFLPA.
Isn't it an obvious choice? Kaepernick for commissioner.

Holy crap, somehow I suspect that choice might be controversial. LOL.

I wonder if Danny White might be willing to do it. Smart guy, knows the game, articulate. There are also some ex coaches who might be good: John Gruden, Herm Edwards. Hey, how about Jim Mora, Sr? I would love to hear him say, "Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope these guys can play some games!"

Anyway, I really, really hope they get rid of Goodell. Do not like him.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I heard there was 200 million involved, we should throw out own names in :D

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
c45af17ed65729132e75fe3583612102

Hardline

Reaction score
I had no idea she was interested. How well does she know the game? She's definitely a pleasant and likable woman and is intelligent. If she has good knowledge of the game, maybe she could do a good job.
She sits on the NCAA college football playoff committee.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Condoleezza Rice. She says it's her dream job anyway so why not let her do it.
Condoleezza Rice
She would be an EXCELLENT commissioner, talk about changing the direction the current free fall the NFL is perceived to be mired and buried in,,,,I can't hardly imagine the initial braying & bucking that would be going down amongst the league's current insiders
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
Holy crap, somehow I suspect that choice might be controversial. LOL.

I wonder if Danny White might be willing to do it. Smart guy, knows the game, articulate. There are also some ex coaches who might be good: John Gruden, Herm Edwards. Hey, how about Jim Mora, Sr? I would love to hear him say, "Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope these guys can play some games!"

Anyway, I really, really hope they get rid of Goodell. Do not like him.

I don't think a former player or coach would be suitable, as the whole unbiased impartiality casing-liner would always be in question, although any of the living esteemed former football icons they installed would be head &shoulders above what's currently mucking up the brand.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Easy. The best Human Being to have ever been involved with football. Roger Staubach.
Hey,have you ever went down into the cellar of this site? And blew the dust off his history ( stupid question, as I'm most certainly sure you have:))
I would have never known about his stash of footballs Dallas sent him while he was over in Vietnam getting blown up in a V.C. rocket/motar barrage, had I not lit a candle and nosed around down there:lmao:

:starspin::star::starspin:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Hey,have you ever went down into the cellar of this site? And blew the dust off his history ( stupid question, as I'm most certainly sure you have:))
I would have never known about his stash of footballs Dallas sent him while he was over in Vietnam getting blown up in a V.C. rocket/motar barrage, had I not lit a candle and nosed around down there:lmao:

:starspin::star::starspin:
I have. Staubach is elderly but would add instant credibility and honesty to the commissioners office. He would improve the NFL's sagging image immediately.