Is this a playoff game for Dak

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I certainly don't know about the game w/the Vikes today being a "playoff" game, other than being a very important one. ;)

The Cowboys need to win much more desperately than do the Vikings, though. They must win to compete with the Eagles.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak has been bad 1 out of 4 playoff games he played in. Nice try lol.

Really?

Playoff games for Dak by game situation (not just overall stats):

2016: Dallas down 28-13 to start the 4th quarter before Dallas tied it up and lost....so where was Dak the first 3 quarters? 4th quarters stats for Dak: 10 of 13 for 116 yards and 2 td's....Dak stats quarters 1-3: 14 of 25 for 186 yards and 1 td with 1 int LOST

2018: Dallas down 14-10 to start the 4th quarter before Dallas eventually won the game 24-22....Dak for the game was 22 of 33 for 226 yards and 1 td with 1 int so hardly a great game for Dak (especially with Zeke rushing for 137 yards and a td) WON

2018: Dallas down 23-7 late in the 3rd quarter before the eventually game ended in a 30-22 loss for Dallas (Dallas was down 30-15 halfway through the 4th quarter)....Dak from 3rd quarter drive to end of game stats: 12 of 17 for 179 yards....Dak stats from 1st quarter thru early 3rd quarter: 8 of 15 for 87 yards and 1 td LOST

2021: Dallas down 23-7 to start the 4th quarter before the game eventually ended with a 23-17 SF win....Dak in the 4th quarter stats: 10 of 17 for 126 yards...Dak stats 1st thru 3rd quarters: 13 of 26 for 128 yards with 1 td and 1 int LOST

So in Dak's 3 playoff losses, he went into either the 4th quarter or late into the 3rd quarter trailing by an average of 25-9 after doing very little in the first 3 quarters of the games......so while you want to claim Dak was only bad in 1 out of 4 playoff games, if you look at the actual games and not just end of games stats you will see that in his 3 losses Dak did nothing until the games were out of reach.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Hell, we might actually end up last in the East. I've seen stranger things. We only have 1 more win than the Commodes right now.

There have been plenty of seasons in this age of mediocrity, where we think we are going to win the division and then lose out in the final stretch of the season to miss the playoffs. But then for some reason it'll surprise some people.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Have a gut feeling we're going to dominate the Vikings. Cousins is overdue for a clunker. Then we will have the thousand Dak is mvp threads. Then the following week we will **** the bed against the giants

You got it right!!!!!! Can't ever be consistent, good today, bad next week

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Really?

Playoff games for Dak by game situation (not just overall stats):

2016: Dallas down 28-13 to start the 4th quarter before Dallas tied it up and lost....so where was Dak the first 3 quarters? 4th quarters stats for Dak: 10 of 13 for 116 yards and 2 td's....Dak stats quarters 1-3: 14 of 25 for 186 yards and 1 td with 1 int LOST

2018: Dallas down 14-10 to start the 4th quarter before Dallas eventually won the game 24-22....Dak for the game was 22 of 33 for 226 yards and 1 td with 1 int so hardly a great game for Dak (especially with Zeke rushing for 137 yards and a td) WON

2018: Dallas down 23-7 late in the 3rd quarter before the eventually game ended in a 30-22 loss for Dallas (Dallas was down 30-15 halfway through the 4th quarter)....Dak from 3rd quarter drive to end of game stats: 12 of 17 for 179 yards....Dak stats from 1st quarter thru early 3rd quarter: 8 of 15 for 87 yards and 1 td LOST

2021: Dallas down 23-7 to start the 4th quarter before the game eventually ended with a 23-17 SF win....Dak in the 4th quarter stats: 10 of 17 for 126 yards...Dak stats 1st thru 3rd quarters: 13 of 26 for 128 yards with 1 td and 1 int LOST

So in Dak's 3 playoff losses, he went into either the 4th quarter or late into the 3rd quarter trailing by an average of 25-9 after doing very little in the first 3 quarters of the games......so while you want to claim Dak was only bad in 1 out of 4 playoff games, if you look at the actual games and not just end of games stats you will see that in his 3 losses Dak did nothing until the games were out of reach.
I don't care about your revisionist history. Dak played good enough in three of those games to win. He sucked last year agains the 49ers. There's nothing to debate there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
3 tds 6 int in last 3 games= 2 losses. Buts he elite according to this group. they are now 3rd in the division but its different his names not Dak. Our own fans hate our team and players yet ignore other teams' issues etc. make excuses we aren't supposed to use.
These guys don't even watch him play they have to be TOLD who's "elite" smh.

Flamma

Reaction score

This is very consistent with a lot of regular season games as well. I just don't know that it's Dak as opposed to a poor team effort in general.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don't care about your revisionist history. Dak played good enough in three of those games to win. He sucked last year agains the 49ers. There's nothing to debate there.

So you referenced that Dak played well in 3 of 4 playoff games thereby bringing up 'revisionist history'....but you don't like the fact that in game stats show Dak did squat for 3/4 of the 3 games lost.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you referenced that Dak played well in 3 of 4 playoff games thereby bringing up 'revisionist history'....but you don't like the fact that in game stats show Dak did squat for 3/4 of the 3 games lost.
I don't judge players based on 3/4's of a game in order to prove my stance. I evaluate a whole game. And in a whole game Dak played terrible against the 49ers. That's all I can give you.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don't judge players based on 3/4's of a game in order to prove my stance. I evaluate a whole game. And in a whole game Dak played terrible against the 49ers. That's all I can give you.

LOL...of course as looking at the crap shows Dak did in his 3 losses to put the game out of reach only to gather stats when the games were out of hand is Dak's MO and something you do not wish to see.

Mannix

Reaction score
It's hard to even muster up enough energy anymore to comment on Dak...bottom line is that we should have moved on from him. He appears to be a good guy...but I flat out want to shoot myself ANYTIME I have to hear his weekly canned and stale coach speak....it just doesn't mean a damn thing anymore.