Is this Cowboy Team mentally soft?

willia451

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's so much being "soft". It's more like "protecting their investment".

You learn very quickly from the Dark Lord what it's really all about in Dallas.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They feel entitled. Seem to not want to grind it out and earn it after they know they make the playoffs..

fivetwos

Reaction score
Everyone picks against the Cowboys when they play a physical team what does that tell you? All we heard entering the 49ers game was how physical they were. After the Cowboys got punched in the mouth McCarthy said after the game we were nervous. Lol
Yeah but I thought big Mike's self proclaimed strength was knowing how to win in the postseason since he won the SB once upon a time.

The fact that that's a pure line of crap plus he doesn't call plays and is fine letting Moore fail tells me he has no real role here.....

Other than standing on the sidelines and collecting a check.

Another awful whimsical decision by an awful owner.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry neither respects nor trusts anyone else on thei planet more than himself. He could hire Bill Bellichick, Nick Saban or even resurrect the greatTom Landry or Vince Lombardi….but until he stops undermining his HC with all his endless yacking, public statements and self adulation, it won’t matter who’s coaching here.
There was a time, my friend when I would have argued with you about this. Unfortunately, you are exactly correct. And, he will never change.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Dunno about mentally "soft" but if we're asking ourselves how and what did the Cincy Bees do that drastically turned them into stunning SB contenders in just a mere 2 years
while Jerry has been pursuing SB runs for the last 25 years ?

- They have two ultra studs that played and won NCAA title together that are playing utter lights out ! Burrow- Chase...but now Cincy, despite a very suspect OL, is still
managing to play competitive defensive ball, still staying with run game, and managing on special teams- and coaching preparation, in game adjustment, playing hard and disciplined
and finishing games.

- And they made FA " middle ground' vet additions to their team with guys like Hendricks, Awuzie and fit the scheme to players (not other way around)

- We Cowboys still suspect front office and management issues ... stuck on the Money Ball approach. i could understand not going on a Rams plan of all out contract/trade spending spree, but
no middle ground key vet addition.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Dunno about mentally "soft" but if we're asking ourselves how and what did the Cincy Bees do that drastically turned them into stunning SB contenders in just a mere 2 years
while Jerry has been pursuing SB runs for the last 25 years ?

- They have two ultra studs that played and won NCAA title together that are playing utter lights out ! Burrow- Chase...but now Cincy, despite a very suspect OL, is still
managing to play competitive defensive ball, still staying with run game, and managing on special teams- and coaching preparation, in game adjustment, playing hard and disciplined
and finishing games.

- And they made FA " middle ground' vet additions to their team with guys like Hendricks, Awuzie and fit the scheme to players (not other way around)

- We Cowboys still suspect front office and management issues ... stuck on the Money Ball approach. i could understand not going on a Rams plan of all out contract/trade spending spree, but
no middle ground key vet addition.

- And this team still stays stuck in not getting the HC role right ..again,..and again. It's been a struggle since Parcells left ..and even now there's still talk of MM on the hot seat.and next HC
looking at

- This team is struggling in getting an identity, an original blue print, we're alway seems to be copy cat or mimicking some other NFL teams (McVey's' Rams, Tampa 2, Legion of Boom, or
we've stayed stuck in 90's style.

- We still have a defense that struggles stopping the run, and it is built and more suited to be a downhill defense, best playing when offense provides a lead.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Mentally soft? Absolutely. I've often wondered about the football IQ of some of the players. Stupid mistakes abound.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Soft? Idk......not very intelligent football wise? Definitely....Seems like the Cowboys are always doing something negative thats never been done before...

plymkr

Reaction score
Soft? Idk......not very intelligent football wise? Definitely....Seems like the Cowboys are always doing something negative thats never been done before...
We're soft and stupid.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Yes. They are physically the same players who have won games, lost games, come from behind, etc.

Why can't they stand up to the moment? It's a mental and focus thing.

You don't lose physical ability, and plays and schemes don't fail because they are bad. No such thing as a bad play or a bad scheme. It may not be the best at that moment or the game.

This team is bad because they are unable to gain and direct the one thing they can control - their focus.

Hence the stupid unforced penalties. Lack of understanding of the moment. Poor transitions. And ability to adjust to the conditions on the field.

I don't know how many film clips there are of the players not doing their jobs, but the last game it was bad. Kudos to the 49ers for coming into Dallas with an undermanned and less talented team and giving us a butt kicking. They did it because they mentally stronger than we were. Not because they have better players. (And in the second half they were down a lot of starters due to injury.)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah but I thought big Mike's self proclaimed strength was knowing how to win in the postseason since he won the SB once upon a time.

The fact that that's a pure line of crap plus he doesn't call plays and is fine letting Moore fail tells me he has no real role here.....

Other than standing on the sidelines and collecting a check.

Another awful whimsical decision by an awful owner.

I had MM's back earlier in 2021 but upon seeing a sampling of how his players lacked discipline so badly, I realized what I hadn't beforehand.

Perhaps the "country club atmosphere" that Jimmy Johnson referred to in the past has affected them in an extremely negative manner.

Being coddled without some semblance of accountability is, evidently, an addictive routine for these Dallas Cowboys players. o_O

Last edited:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
MM : bla bla bla analytics bla bla we can be better next season bla bla
John Stephen : Geee I get belly bigger than Mike
Will McClay:why am I here?

r1eGkM9.jpg

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Mentally and physically. As Chido said, Bengals are Blue collar and we are spoiled white collar with our fancy dressing rooms and surrounding atmosphere. Thats why when Jimmy came he said the first thing he's gonna change is the culture. Take those fancy numbers off the side of their pants. And cut Michael Downs. Only player he mentioned:laugh:

ondaedg

Reaction score
We’re physically soft especially in the middle of both our OL and DL. Hard to be mentally tough when you’re getting overpowered.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We have seen this team perform at their talent level when playing ahead on the scoreboard, but really shutdown when they get so called punched in the face. We have heard the players state they weren't physical enough after losses.

They're coddled and yes, sorry Jerry lovers, it starts with the owner/GM/meddling old fool.

Awuzie said as much in his SB interview this week. Dallas didn't resign him, some laughed when he went to Cincinnati (you know you did), and he's playing in a Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys are dominating skills competitions at the Pro Bowl, the softest football game ever played.

RS12

Reaction score
Softer than Anthony Davis. The softest pro athlete i ever saw. Which is softer than a down comforter.