Is this draft about physicality to beat SanFran?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
San Fran has lost or are in the process of losing some quality players......they peaked last season....
Hopes the fanbase of at least 15 teams. Wanting something to be, no matter how hard, doesn’t make it so. I suppose we’re supposed to fantasize that Detroit and Green Bay have taken a step back, as well.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Hopes the fanbase of at least 15 teams. Wanting something to be, no matter how hard, doesn’t make it so. I suppose we’re supposed to fantasize that Detroit and Green Bay have taken a step back, as well.
No......just San Francisco.......look at their cap situation and you'll see.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Zeke and Freeman at running back make us more physical. This will be asked first time running behind d two pro bowl guards. Berber at center suits zekes style. Same hasn't had two good guards since Leary left. Also San Fran was more physical in our losses. I think this line gets us ready to finally beat San Fran since zekes rookie year.
Wasn't just SF. That young GB team bullied us too.
We have to get tougher for any playoff run.
I wished the team had Zeke last year as he is just a clear cut better short yardage back than we had. He has vision and runs hard.
He is slow and no longer slippery but he still pushed piles and falls forward which were pretty basic traits we missed last year.
All that said you can't run Zeke 20+ times.
Not fair to his body at this point.
And the run calls would be pretty easy to diagnose as he isn't getting around any corners.

Defensively, I absolutely think the Zim hire was about us getting chumped 2 years in a row in the playoffs.
Team just pushed ball down our throats and wore out our Ferrari defense by running it directly at them.
Time to play with some discipline and stop the run again.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No......just San Francisco.......look at their cap situation and you'll see.....
Look at the Cowboys’ “cap situation”. The idea is to build a team that can compete to make the Super Bowl. It’s not to cross your fingers and hope other teams regress enough that your favorite team gets in by default.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Freeman isn’t even on the team by game 1 is my guess. He’s a camp body. Not much different from jones last year.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Look at the Cowboys’ “cap situation”. The idea is to build a team that can compete to make the Super Bowl. It’s not to cross your fingers and hope other teams regress enough that your favorite team gets in by default.
Uh.....it goes hand in hand. You hope to build a stronger team and gain any advantage over your rivals and hope they regress at the same time......and if your team has cap problems which may limit building, then do what you can and hope you can remain competitive and regress less then say the 49ers.......

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Uh.....it goes hand in hand. You hope to build a stronger team and gain any advantage over your rivals and hope they regress at the same time......and if your team has cap problems which may limit building, then do what you can and hope you can remain competitive and regress less then say the 49ers.......
Bad things happening to the 49ers is every Cowboys fans fantasy. The joy should be being the best of the best. Not the best of the worst. Green Bay gets it. Jerry Jones needs to get it, too.

quickccc

Reaction score
Being physical applies to both sides of the ball. GB and SF ran at will vs DAL so…. don’t think they did much at all on the DL that will be more improved than last year as of yet ‍♂️
..or we'll let the Aaron Jones, James Cooks types just run all over us again ? ... (sigh)

I'm encouraged with the return of inexperienced Overshown, addition of aging vet hendricks, ..and intrigued with the ND Irish LB
vs of what was displayed among LVE and Clark,,

But did we get the new horses upfront .. that will need to free up our LB unit ?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Zeke and Freeman at running back make us more physical. This will be asked first time running behind d two pro bowl guards. Berber at center suits zekes style. Same hasn't had two good guards since Leary left. Also San Fran was more physical in our losses. I think this line gets us ready to finally beat San Fran since zekes rookie year.
Those 2 can't even get to the line of scrimmage before contact.

montgod

Reaction score
..or we'll let the Aaron Jones, James Cooks types just run all over us again ? ... (sigh)

I'm encouraged with the return of inexperienced Overshown, addition of aging vet hendricks, ..and intrigued with the ND Irish LB
vs of what was displayed among LVE and Clark,,

But did we get the new horses upfront .. that will need to free up our LB unit ?
At the moment, it doesn't look like it. Mazi hopefully turns into what DAL drafted him to be this year at his proper weight. No Hankins though hurts.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Not with a QB who freezes up when he sees a 49'rs or Green bay uniform