Is this really Roy?? lol?? skinny guy...

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I think it's all an illusion.

He's not wearing the sloppy sleeves anymore...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dangerdoom;2162483 said:
I think it's all an illusion.

He's not wearing the sloppy sleeves anymore...

I think the sleeves he was wearing were sewn into his jersey. Mike Jenkins had the white sleeves going so it has to be something with the #31 jersey.

I think he does look a little smaller.

Can't tell how much but a little.

610x.jpg

3ca4bb05-fdf1-4986-adeb-1bf60117cb20.jpg

I'm really shocked that there are no other pictures of him than this one and another one that was on the DMN site. You would think that someone would think...

"hey, #38 doesn't look as fat as #31 used to. Let me get a picture of that real quick".

I know Roy supposedly was down in weight last year but I really think that he tried to short-cut his weight down and simply just went for cutting weight as fast as possible. If he is down this year, I expect to see a much leaner Roy who has put the work into to get his weight in check.

sago1

Reaction score
It's not an illusion. Not only do his arms like toned, but his waiste is noticeable smaller, but I bet he can get around better & deliver a good punch.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well, remember that Roy was accused earlier of "not working hard" in the offseason because he had the audacity to show up far earlier than the rest of the team to workout.

So it's part of an egg in their face and "not as good of a story" here for the media to report on it.

YAKUZA

cowboyed

Reaction score
I have been a doubting Roy fan for several years. But I am excited and hopeful that he will turn on his "head" lights this season and show his early career man beast form. If he goes back to making electrifying plays this defense will be even more feared.

Reaction score
I've been saying it and WG thought I was nuts.. There is a reason he wore those sleeves...

You wear the tight compression sleeves to keep your upper body tight. Especially your shoulders when you play. Keeps you snug and body feels more 'controlled' when you are hitting.

I could see why Roy or anyone would wear the tight sleeves then.

But...........

When you wear the long sleeves (and your are not trying to loose weight by sweating off extra pouns) that are'nt compressed there is no benefit to it.

I hypothesized two years ago as I do know that Roy has a complex or is a little self conscious about his arms. Most of Roy's weight is in his butt and legs and his arms dont look very defined. In an attempt to keep his image of being a tough SS , he sported the loose sleeves so you couldnt see his arms. And all of this started when? When he blew up.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2162501 said:
I've been saying it and WG thought I was nuts.. There is a reason he wore those sleeves...

You wear the tight compression sleeves to keep your upper body tight. Especially your shoulders when you play. Keeps you snug and body feels more 'controlled' when you are hitting.

But...........

When you wear the long sleeves (and your are not trying to loose weight by sweating off extra pouns) that are'nt compressed there is no benefit to it.

I hypothesized two years ago as I do know that Roy has a complex or is a little self conscious about his arms. Most of Roy's weight is in his butt and legs and his arms dont look very defined. In an attempt to keep his image of being a tough SS , he sported the loose sleeves so you couldnt see his arms. And all of this started when? When he blew up.

He didn't always wear the sleeves though. If he never took them off, I could see it but he played in games with and without them.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2162501 said:

But...........

I remember reading that the sleeves were "blessed" each week before a game or something along those lines.

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2162518 said:
He didn't always wear the sleeves though. If he never took them off, I could see it but he played in games with and without them.

Maybe in 05' ... I think the last game a remember him not wearing them was at San Diego... and it was hot there in early September..

Just a theory anyway..

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2162494 said:
#31 never looked "fat" IMO.

You just don't remember when he was "one biscuit shy of a linebacker". :laugh2:

Most football players don't carry "fat" except line men.

I saw that video of Tank on dc.com. He looks like the incredible hulk! :laugh2:

dest

Reaction score
I always thought he wore the sleeves to protect against turf burn.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
No, apparently his church gives him a shirt every week or so and he wears it to the game under his uniform. That's where the long sleeve white shirt came into play. I remember reading about it last year.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
The old roy may have had a chance in that picture.
But imo the barbarian would run right through him full speed.
(And anybody else that gets in his way to)

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I may be crazy,but it seems like every training camp I read something about Roy being slimmed down. Lets see if his play improves.