Is this really Roy?? lol?? skinny guy...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2162494 said:
#31 never looked "fat" IMO.

maybe p.h.a.t. to some people but not fat

royw3141;2162646 said:
The old roy may have had a chance in that picture.
But imo the barbarian would run right through him full speed.
(And anybody else that gets in his way to)

haha no. thats the immovable object meeting the unstoppable force

alby

Reaction score
31 is definitely not fat.

Are you calling Jenkins fat? that guy is a beast.

Reaction score
JVita17;2162941 said:
He does look a little less fat.

His weight has always been mostly in his lower body anyway..

Some people gain wieght first in the rear and legs and he is definitely one of those guys..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Looks like he's goin for the reverse horse-collar................ :p:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the weight loss, and the packages that are taking him off the field on Dime Packages, are motivating him to bring back the big time hitter that he once was. I miss those huge hits he used to lay people out with.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arggh. Are was supposed to make fun of him for being too fat? Or now for being too skinny? I get so confused on these Roy Williams topics. Someone please PM me and let me know so I don't have to ask.

I think the posters that took the horse-collar angle got it right. The guys preparing to backtrack in advance, just in case, also make an impressive showing in these threads. There's nothing safer than saying 'I used to love him, but now I don't, but maybe someday I will again.' That way everything's covered.

superpunk

Reaction score
From these pics I ascertain that his hips are quicker.

Like a doormouse.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Idgit;2163647 said:
Arggh. Are was supposed to make fun of him for being too fat? Or now for being too skinny? I get so confused on these Roy Williams topics. Someone please PM me and let me know so I don't have to ask.

I think the posters that took the horse-collar angle got it right. The guys preparing to backtrack in advance, just in case, also make an impressive showing in these threads. There's nothing safer than saying 'I used to love him, but now I don't, but maybe someday I will again.' That way everything's covered.

Ditto...And it does annoy me that it looked like some kind of reverse horse collar there in the pic...Still not wrapping up on tackles?...I mean I know it's Barber but isn't tackling like one of the keys for being a SS?...And isn't that one of the big criticisms on Roy?...In addition to the pass coverage one :eek:

TEK2000

Reaction score
FCBarca;2163664 said:
Ditto...And it does annoy me that it looked like some kind of reverse horse collar there in the pic...Still not wrapping up on tackles?...I mean I know it's Barber but isn't tackling like one of the keys for being a SS?...And isn't that one of the big criticisms on Roy?...In addition to the pass coverage one :eek:

Have they even been tackling and taking people to the ground in practices yet?

So much can be read into even a picture.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FCBarca;2163664 said:

From looking at that picture--he misread the route and then took a bad angle and then got there late but was too light to tackle him the regular way, so he had to try a front horse collar. If only the salary cap hit weren't too high we'd just cut him now, because Jesus told me he sucks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2162501 said:
I've been saying it and WG thought I was nuts.. There is a reason he wore those sleeves...

You wear the tight compression sleeves to keep your upper body tight. Especially your shoulders when you play. Keeps you snug and body feels more 'controlled' when you are hitting.

I could see why Roy or anyone would wear the tight sleeves then.

But...........

When you wear the long sleeves (and your are not trying to loose weight by sweating off extra pouns) that are'nt compressed there is no benefit to it.

I hypothesized two years ago as I do know that Roy has a complex or is a little self conscious about his arms. Most of Roy's weight is in his butt and legs and his arms dont look very defined. In an attempt to keep his image of being a tough SS , he sported the loose sleeves so you couldnt see his arms. And all of this started when? When he blew up.

Well, I did a stupid and insensitive thing once (well that day). Came to Dallas for a game and went to one of the known eaterys afterwards. RW was there. After he had eaten I went up to him and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulders and said good game. It was rude but he didn't seem to mind or was nice enough not to show it.

He doesn't have a soft upper body. As good as mine ever was when I was lifting. But that was awhile ago. But he's never really been fat just large for a professional FB player at his position. Getting his weight down will make a difference in how fast he runs and reacts but it won't turn on the lights. He'll have to work at that assuming it really is a problem.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Saw this pic ...... thought people might want to see a trimmed down Roy

http://religionblog.***BANNED-URL***/Williams.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
zrinkill;2164524 said:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/mix.jpg

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2164551 said:
I do. Can bounce a quarter off it. Yum.

******t ....... you guys are making me run through these Keyboards about once a day.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
zrinkill;2164524 said:

thats the smile i gave when i had braces lol now im :D