Is this the best 3 round haul of all time?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
2011 most recent
Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter and Demarco Murray

But many others as listed above with 1975 part of the famed Dirty Dozen . 1989 one of and probably best ever. 1991 awesome as well.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I know it’s on paper but Dallas landed 3 guys in most top 50s. I am trying to remember if there was another 3 rounds that were more satisfying. I know it is impossible to tell if these guys will pan out.

Thoughts?
Maybe

Flamma

Reaction score
I know it’s on paper but Dallas landed 3 guys in most top 50s. I am trying to remember if there was another 3 rounds that were more satisfying. I know it is impossible to tell if these guys will pan out.

Thoughts?

Yes if we're talking about value from where we picked. The board I was looking at had our 3 players at 11, 38, and 46. We got them with picks 17, 51, and 82. I can't remember the last time we did better than that. A lot of teams seemed to be reaching for positions of need. I realize players fall in every draft, but rarely do I remember them doing so at the positions we're hoping to pick.

plasticman

Reaction score
Unlike every previous draft, these guys have done nothing yet.

By they way....Jimmy's very first draft....three Pro Bowlers.....as was his 4th rounder.

..... A pro bowler in each of his first four rounds....including a Super Bowl MVP and Hall of Famer.

SaltyNovice

CowboysRangers
Reaction score
not sure anyone has mentioned this yet...
The Dirty Dozen back in the 70's I think...
Twelve guys drafted and made the team for the next year...back during our long streak of making the playoffs... 20 + years I think...

Maybe not what t he OP was asking????

plasticman

Reaction score
And take a look at the 91 draft for sheer volume (ignore the Pritchard pick, part of a deal)

Two #1, including first overall
One #2
Three #3
Four #4

That was an enjoyable draft.

Many drafts were enjoyable during the time of our first two coaches. What wee see of the Cowboys today used to be business as usual.

droopdog7

Reaction score
People comparing what these guys are projected to do versus what others have already done. Apples and oranges.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
People may not like Williams, but calling an immediate starter (for two years) a "bust" is a little bit much. In fact, Williams could very well wind up being a key cog on the OL this season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Were you are around in the early 1990's?
Those were the days my friend.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Connor is far from a bust

I am not labeling him a bust yet. Personally I don’t know if he is stout enough to play inside. He has some physical talent but you have to admit he has not been good for a second rounder.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Zack Martin is a top 3 guard in the NFL, Demarcus Lawrence is a 20m+$ DE, Anthony Hitchens is a super bowl champion LB.

That’s not bad
You ready to come on over,, your almost a fan now.
Cross the line, and enter the Cowboys fandom realm,,
We will embrace you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Oh I thought you were talking about on draft day. On draft day that was not the perception of those picks. LVE was saw as a solid starter, Connor was looked at as a solid T and Gallup was looked at as a solid receiver. A lot of people on draft day thought those 3 could be starters. Not sure what you are asking then. These new guys haven't even played yet so I thought you were comparing day of reactions. Far too early to know what this new bunch has.

Read my post again. I completely understand it takes time. My point is that they got great value. Get some coffee in you.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
People may not like Williams, but calling an immediate starter (for two years) a "bust" is a little bit much. In fact, Williams could very well wind up being a key cog on the OL this season.

Williams was one of the most improved players on the team last year before he hurt his knee. He's quietly turning into a very good pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Read my post again. I completely understand it takes time. My point is that they got great value. Get some coffee in you.
I read your post and I replied to you it. I told you LVE, Gallup and Connor and how we felt about them on draft day. You brought up how you felt about them now...so I don't know what to tell you.