is this the worst SB you have ever seen???

Bizwah

Reaction score
Yeah..real, bad, game.

Pittsburgh could only score off gadget plays. They couldn't mount anything offensively.

Seattle had success on offense, but couldn't close the deal.

Pittsburgh seems to get the calls in SBs for some reason. I'll never forget how the refs tried to "job" us in SB XXX. Remember the NFL Films special on SB XXX?

The refs kept going over to Cowher telling him how they loved what he was doing. They were all but cheering for Pittsburgh.

I remember about 20 minutes into the game, Irvin scored on about a 25 yard pass. But there was a "bogus" PI.....just like tonight.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i was so bored that i was switching between the game and Family Guy. even though i had seen those episodes they were still plenty more entertaining

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Terrible national anthem
Terrible halftime
Terrible officials
Terrible commercials
Terrible game

I had forgotten about the horrible national anthem. Thanks for reminding. Ugh!

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I remember about 20 minutes into the game, Irvin scored on about a 25 yard pass. But there was a "bogus" PI.....just like tonight.

When the call was made that's exacly what came to my mind.

wxcpo

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Terrible national anthem
Terrible halftime
Terrible officials
Terrible commercials
Terrible game

I think this post pretty much sums up the game. Nothing else to see here, move along.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
you know i just realized that unless i missed it that Madden did not make a Favre reference, that is truly AMAZING

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Terrible national anthem
Terrible halftime

Wasn't it though? You could see the players on the field cringing as those words tried to escaped dudes mouth for the anthem. What a joke. Almost embarrassing if anyone outside of America tuned in and heard it.

Same with halftime. What the hell was this, I was almost expecting to see Vinny Testeoldie pushed out in his wheelchair to join the Stones onstage. He would have been the younger one, btw---if you can believe that. :lmao:

I expected more from "Motown/Rock City" then this.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
i wouldn't mention a blowout as at least the winning team had exciting plays. this SB except for the Randle El pass for TD was boring as hell and also most of the commercials sucked.

YES, this was the worst Superbowl I have ever seen! No question!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Broncos/Falcons, Giants/Ravens..

Also didn't help that it was played in Detroit.

JPM

Reaction score
comic book guy voice:
Worst Super Bowl EVER !

ravidubey

Reaction score
- Ticky Tac push-off
- Ref not signalling touchdown for BR until approaching after Ben was already down, then getting bailed out by inconclusive replay.
- Phantom Hold on Seahawk punt return
- On field call calling Hasselbeck not down by contact when it was clear to everyone watching that he was touched had to be overturned by a challenge flag.
- Phantom Hold on Seahawk redzone throw
- Bizarre 15 yard PF penalty for low block-- ON A TACKLE!!

Beyond these obviously biased plays it seemed on every successful Seahawk play the refs were reaching for flags while the Steelers got none beyond two false starts. They even picked up flags that were originally called against Seattle, like the bogus helmet-to-helmet contact call on BR's post flutterball that was deflected in the 1st quarter. The referees needed to chill out and stop calling every damned thing and all against one team to boot.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Definitely one of the worst if not the worst I have seen.

I will say the 95 Superbowl was pretty bad, but mainly because I kept thinking Dallas should be blowing out the Chargers.

It would have felt much better if the Chargers would have brought their A game and put a whipping on the 49ers.

Anyway the 1996 Superbowl was not as bad as the 2006 Superbowl, but it was every bit as painful for me to watch on a personal level.

rynochop

Reaction score
Tampa Bay/Oakland was pretty bad. I can't remember a single thing about it.

Just seeing Tampa Bay on the list of SB winners is kind of disturbing.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
It went downhill after the Stevie Wonder performance.

Sorry...I did like them bringing out the SB MVP's.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
i wouldn't mention a blowout as at least the winning team had exciting plays. this SB except for the Randle El pass for TD was boring as hell and also most of the commercials sucked.

Not sure if it was the worst, but certainly it was disappointing.

I thought Madden and Micheals did a pretty good job, FWIW.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Terrible national anthem
Terrible halftime
Terrible officials
Terrible commercials
Terrible game

that pretty much sums up my feelings as well...all in all it was a horrendous display

David