Is this true??? Woodson picked the skins to win the NFC East?

acheman

Reaction score
"Woodson said Fiction, said the Commanders would"

That is why in my first post (see the copied and pasted clip below) I put the disclaimer I was 98% sure Woodson picked Dallas, I did not hear that part. Otherwise I would have said I was 100% certain.:)

"He did pick Dallas to win the Division not Washington (I think, 98% certain). He said Philly's record would pull the Dallas/Philly combined record down"

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I knew you would go there.

How many playoffs games did the Giants win ? What was their division record ?

Case Closed.

Edit: Upon further review, I am conflicted...

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
winning the division actually measn nothing!!! yeah its the team that wins the WILD CARD!!!

the SKINs have 1 good season in like 20 years and they think they are the best team ever!

I cant wait to see that misfit of a product they put out this year!!!

Sorry, but in the last 20 years the Skins have won two Super Bowls. Just sayin'.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
Sorry, but in the last 20 years the Skins have won two Super Bowls. Just sayin'.
:welcome:

I like the username. Not many have heard of John Locke.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Not many actually pay attention/care for history.

Though I should be careful, bec. I am not exactly sure myself without looking it up....but IIRC, he was an Englishman who's claim to fame was his promotion of natural rights/natural law.

Now my brain is really stretching, bec. I cannot recall what century.

Time for google.

Edit: 17th century

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Locke

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Wow talk about a thread that's already too long for such an innocent and meaningless comment. TJ and Woody were doing fact or fiction as has been stated, and they were saying the Commanders and Giants combined would have a better record than Philly and Dallas. Woody said he thought Dallas would win the division but Philly would bring their combined record down.

The reason they asked about their records combined, is because they were talking about TO and McNabb of course. I don't know the premise, probably to say that all the talk of TO and McNabb and their teams and the other two teams may be better.

I thought the funniest question in the segment though was fact or fiction the NFC East is the toughest division in the NFL. Woody said Fact of course, and TJ shamelessly said Fiction... the AFC West is better. Then he went on to name the Chargers, Broncos (homer), and Chiefs.... Woody didn't catch him on it, but TJ did a mea culpa and said afterwards, "Notice I didn't mention Oakland... oh yeah they got Aaron Brooks."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
He was an English philosopher and a contemporary of Oliver Cromwell as an English anarchist. If I am not mistaken (it has been many years) the monarchy at one time sentenced him to die for treason.

His sermons and essays are really quite beautiful. His is most noted for his Essay on Human Understanding.

acheman

Reaction score
His philosophy was one of the main inspirations for the Declaration Of Independence (a peoples right to ovethrow a corrupt government), as well as being the influence on the character John Locke for the ABC show LOST.:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
acheman said:
His philosophy was one of the main inspirations for the Declaration Of Independence (a peoples right to ovethrow a corrupt government), as well as being the influence on the character John locke for the ABC show LOST.:)
I knew about the 1st part. I never connected him to the 2nd part and I like that show.

acheman

Reaction score
Woody didn't catch him on it, but TJ did a mea culpa and said afterwards, "Notice I didn't mention Oakland... oh yeah they got Aaron Brooks."

Actually Woody said "you are only saying that because you played in the AFC West". Jackson could have had the same response to Woody on his saying the NFC East is the toughest Division, but the TRUTH prevented him from calling Woody on it.:)

acheman

Reaction score
I never connected him to the 2nd part and I like that show.

Yeah me too, I am hooked, and each week we keep getting two episodes in order to catch everyone up on season 2 before season 3 starts.

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
How ridiculous!?! The best team from the division last year improved and they're picked to win the division. Say it ain't so! :)
It aint so. Where were you when we were torching the Skins annually? Now I know what a fair-weather fan is. Go back to ES please.

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Thanks for the compliment on the name. I've just been lurking around the site not posting for a while. Just keeping an eye on the enemy ;). (Unless that's too subtle, I'm a Skins fan)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
Thanks for the compliment on the name. I've just been lurking around the site not posting for a while. Just keeping an eye on the enemy ;). (Unless that's too subtle, I'm a Skins fan)
I gathered that from the avatar picture.

My initial reaction was "oh no, not another one." :wink2:

But your username give me some hope for inteligent conversation. Afraid some of your contemporaries fall way short of that.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile said:

another case of one of my elders showing their age.....

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I gathered that from the avatar picture.

My initial reaction was "oh no, not another one." :wink2:

But your username give me some hope for inteligent conversation. Afraid some of your contemporaries fall way short of that.

So, I gather you're one of the bosses of this site. Who else should I make sure I don't offend?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
So, I gather you're one of the bosses of this site. Who else should I make sure I don't offend?

:) this person....IF you can talk to her...or put a bag over her/his/its head
http://img364.*************/img364/5324/bradpaintuk5.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
I don't get offended though I'm not as naive as some hope. Read the Guidelines and you'll be fine. They're pretty straight forward and common sense.