Is Tony Romo a Hall of Famer with 1 Super Bowl win?

slick325

Reaction score
I think if he won a SB he would be a HOF player. Not first ballot or even second, but as a Cowboys QB with a ring, he gets in.

dckid

Reaction score
I know...he never sniffed the Super Bowl. But let's just say back in 2007 Dallas doesn't gets beat by the Giants, beats the Packers and then NE in the Super Bowl. Would you say he gets in the Hall eventually?

Yes he probably eventually gets in if they beat the undefeated Pats in 2007. 100% guarantee as he would be a Cowboy and the name recognition alone would do it especially with a SB win.

Eli has to get in because of the two SB wins. As much as I think Romo was better but Eli did it twice

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Romo’s only chance at the HOF is as a broadcaster, but I don’t see that happening either.

Once Brady enters the booth he will likely eclipse Romo in that category.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I know...he never sniffed the Super Bowl. But let's just say back in 2007 Dallas doesn't gets beat by the Giants, beats the Packers and then NE in the Super Bowl. Would you say he gets in the Hall eventually?
His a Jones favorite he’ll be in the ROH but HOF I don’t see that.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He has a better chance at winning the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open Championship, The Open Championship and U.S. PGA Championship the same year... Than making it to the Hall as a player..

Nexx

Reaction score
yes with a Super Bowl and having the 5th highest QB rating of all time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If they let Drew Pearson in, then they have to let everyone in.

817Gill

Reaction score
Well, Jerry was voted in so I guess that opens the door to pretty much anyone. I still shake my head that Jerry made it in while so many Cowboy greats from the past keep getting overlooked.

To answer the question, though, It would have taken a minimum of a super bowl win for Romo to even get mentioned in the HOF talk. As it stands now he will be soon forgotten because he always seemed to choke in the big games.
I mean Jerry is a pain now but he’s an easy Hall of Famer. Literally the words are Hall of Fame and he’s arguably the most famous sports owner ever up there with Steinbrenner and the Buss family.

He also was the owner of one of the most entertaining dynasties in league history that won 3 rings. Say what you want about who gets credit for the wins but any owner who’s team wins like that and in that fashion is going to get easy consideration.

Lastly, the actual thing he’s good at is marketing and growing business. He’s played a major role in the growth of the league, the growth of his franchise in popularity and revenue, and all these recent team relocations that have been great for the league and revenue.

Yes, we hate him because we are screwed with him as an owner on the field. But his league resume makes him a shoe-in Hall of Famer in owner standards. He’s not going in as a coach or GM even though he thinks he’s that.

As an owner strictly and contributor to the league he’s done more than enough to get the jacket.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No question. He may even get in with zero.

Tony was a great player, no matter how many people are unwilling to give him credit.

I mean Jerry is a pain now but he’s an easy Hall of Famer. Literally the words are Hall of Fame and he’s arguably the most famous sports owner ever up there with Steinbrenner and the Buss family.

He also was the owner of one of the most entertaining dynasties in league history that won 3 rings. Say what you want about who gets credit for the wins but any owner who’s team wins like that and in that fashion is going to get easy consideration.

Lastly, the actual thing he’s good at is marketing and growing business. He’s played a major role in the growth of the league, the growth of his franchise in popularity and revenue, and all these recent team relocations that have been great for the league and revenue.

Yes, we hate him because we are screwed with him as an owner. But his league resume makes him a shoe-in Hall of Famer in owner standards.

Jerry was the best owner in the NFL before the cap era. The marks against Jerry are due to his lack of putting together a championship team in the post-cap era. So, definitely, he deserves to be there.

How many franchises wish they had just one ring?

Booger has three.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is a good question. He would have needed to shine on that SB run or have a couple more playoff runs that did not end in a SB. Basically he needed more playoff success and at least 1 SB. The reality is he wasn't close. The irony is that Tony might get in if he continues to be a great announcer/

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I actually agree with you there. He will be in the HOF.

Not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. lol Romo didn’t come close to having a Hall of Fame career. He’s currently 36th on the all-time passing list and he has a 2-4 playoff record. He never won a divisional round game and he was 0-2 in season finale elimination games. He’s best remembered for his untimely mistakes. Not going much further with this it’s a waste of time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve seen knuckleheads on this board claim Romo is better than Brady and Aaron Rodgers. There’s some very delusional Cowboys fans out there. Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do they have NFL commentators class ? then he will be.

Even though I am a Romo fan, just based on his play and record , I dont think he deserve HOF.
It’s all the same if I’m not mistaken. No difference between Jerry’s place in the hall and Aikman’s….

plasticman

Reaction score
if Romo was the starter on a Cowboys SB team then he is one of those that are juuuuust sitting on that edge. He's right there....one of those guys where it could go either way. Then it would be a real debate.

It would really depend on the amount of Romo's heroics that got the Cowboys that ring.

If that postseason run had a game in which Romo pulled out a close one in the last seconds. Or perhaps an absolute clinic that set a new playoff record in yards or TD's.

SB MVP would have gone a long way to securing that jacket.

Romo would have to not only "win" a SB, but he would also have to be the one that won it for them somewhere along the way.....in heroic fashion.