Is Tyler Biadasz the Cowboys’ Long-Term Answer at Center?

Thomas82

Reaction score
If Badass' health remains on par I believe there is many reason to believe he is the long term starter for this team at center.

He was probably the best rookie center this year coming off injury and his college credentials insist pedigree. Not to mention he comes from a college program known for their o-line development even more specifically at the center position.

Size, athletically and mentally Badass measures up in the pros. Now that he's healthy and has a full pro level offseason he should be an ascending player.

Well said!! That's exactly how I feel.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In the wake of Travis Frederick’s untimely retirement last spring, the Dallas Cowboys spent a 4th-round pick on Wisconsin’s Tyler Biadasz. Our Position Preview series continues with a look at center and whether or not Dallas has found their long-term answer in the middle of the offensive line.

https://insidethestar.com/is-tyler-...edium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=insidethestar
"there were only two rookie starters at center last year. Biadasz was simply better than Denver’s Lloyd Cushenberry, who apparenly didn’t set a very high bar."

One could also take the lesson that it was a tough year to be a rookie center, with the Plague limiting rookie training. Note that Biadasz didn't even benefit from starter snaps in training camp, as Cushenberry did.

Biadasz wasn't that great, but it's reasonable to think he can make a big jump next year. Also reasonable to think that McGovern could be C too.

Also reasonable to draft another interior olineman if one drops to us. Looney was looking pretty washed up by the end of the season. W/o Looney, McGovern is our only interior oline backup, unless you're counting Redmond. Williams leaves in 2022, McGovern in 2023. Good time to bring in another interior olineman, though we don't have to reach.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think folks are confusing him not taking his job back with him not being better than Looney. Looney was out there because we need a vet on the field. Otherwise you get situations like what happened when Dalton got cconcussed.

If Zack had been health Biadasz would have been starting

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Turk

Reaction score
See how he does this year with at least something like an offseason training program and getting the majority of snaps in camp.

He was pretty much thrown in the deep end of the pool and expected to easily swim a dozen fast laps right away. Which was BS.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
See how he does this year with at least something like an offseason training program and getting the majority of snaps in camp.

He was pretty much thrown in the deep end of the pool and expected to easily swim a dozen fast laps right away. Which was BS.
Yep, and with no offseason and a very truncated training camp. Plus, he wasn’t even considered the starter and so go next to no training camp work. He did well under the circumstances. He should be miles ahead in his second year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
has to remain healthy 16 games so he can be graded,,right now its an "i" and TBD

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Loso86

Reaction score

king987

Reaction score
Way too soon to say Biadaz is the long term answer. That said, I'm totally fine with Tyler being the starting center on opening day.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Can he be a steady starter at center? Probably Can he be a allpro and pro bowl center? Jury is out

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If the Cowboys spend 2 draft picks or even the #10 on OL, I’ll explode!
It’s one thing to say draft best player available or letting need dictate the draft when there are better players on the board, is shortsighted. That all sounds good if you have a middle of the road defense, even below average. But when you have one of the historically bad defenses, when you have a problem at DT, at LB, when you have no FS and not enough CBs to even play the game, along with a lack of depth, you’d better draft defense. You’d better try to find at least two studs to add to the D, along with depth and prayers and get that defense improved.

You could draft both an OT and the Florida TE, and this team still cannot compete in the playoffs with this defense. I don’t care if you skip over a higher rated player or trade down, but you better find some defensive players, good ones.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think Biadasz will be the C for this season, but FA Packers C Cory Lindsey is a possible fit if McCarthy wants a familiar veteran.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Biadasz played but he didn't show that flash that I was hoping to see. The center position is heavily technique oriented so maybe we'll see big improvements over the next two seasons. Still can't figure out why McGovern didn't get put in at C. Maybe he's just not very good?
LOL this is why we’re not GM’s or draft gurus. Check out his PFF run and pass set win rates then get back to us.