Is Tyron Still An Effective LOT?

Knotamus

Reaction score
And this is why you “deal” with TS injuries..

Tyron is one of the best in the league at one of the most important (expensive) positions on the team. Dal is paying him $8mil for HOF LT production

Meanwhile, we gave Pollard $10mil for mediocre production.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I believe the answer is YES!

Yeah, especially after he's gotten in a groove a few times. I'm just left here wondering, which game(s) he'll miss next.

He started out slow, but maybe he was just injured. Tough to say. But, great lately, especially with Tyler at LT. I didn't think the old man could do it, but being able to have Tyler at LT enables us to neutralize a lot of our competition's strongest point. Because he can truly play like the best LT in the league. He's just a monster. They are a nice tandem. I wanted to move on, because I'm still skeptical he'll play a full season. But, I still want to see him play a stretch of games with no injuries.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn’t matter who was blocking
Huh? Have you seen all the runs each game when Pollard gets hit at the LOS or behind it? People want to be critical of him but he literally has no where to run most of the time. The great Emmitt Smith would struggle behind some of the terrible blocking Pollard has to run behind this year.

plasticman

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is great, no doubt. The only doubt is whether or not he can actually stay healthy.

The answer is "So far, so good.". However, it's a stressful situation.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yeah, especially after he's gotten in a groove a few times. I'm just left here wondering, which game(s) he'll miss next.

He started out slow, but maybe he was just injured. Tough to say. But, great lately, especially with Tyler at LT. I didn't think the old man could do it, but being able to have Tyler at LT enables us to neutralize a lot of our competition's strongest point. Because he can truly play like the best LT in the league. He's just a monster. They are a nice tandem. I wanted to move on, because I'm still skeptical he'll play a full season. But, I still want to see him play a stretch of games with no injuries.
Where are you getting he started out slow? I don't believe his guy has touched Dak all year, he's been great all year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People should also remember, he's relatively young. Year younger than Zach Martin, he's 3 years younger than Trent Williams. Yeah the injuries have been unfortunate the past few years, especially the fractured knee and the hamstring tear. So yeah, start looking in the draft to replace him, but you don't cut him or bench him as a swing T as so many here have suggested. You don't put that level of talent on the bench when they are able to play.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
With Tyron, it's never been about ability, but availability and he's logged a lot of snaps on that body. Gotta make sure we have a strong swing tackle, for when, not if Tyron, misses time.