Is Tyron Still An Effective LOT?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
With the understanding Tyron is going to miss some games every season, I wonder if the Cowboys can get him back on a team friendly one or two year deal? It's clear he still has something left, and it's worth it to have him even for 10-12 starts per year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Best tackle in Cowboys history.
Not enough people say that, but it’s true. Props to him and glad he is staying healthy this year and getting another shot. Do not look forward to how we will replace his presence on our line.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And this is why you “deal” with TS injuries..

Tyron is one of the best in the league at one of the most important (expensive) positions on the team. Dal is paying him $8mil for HOF LT production

Meanwhile, we gave Pollard $10mil for mediocre production.
Their respective positions make things different. Tyron has to rely on himself to anchor the blindside of Dak. He and the other Smith may have to communicate and collaborate on certain blocking assignments but that is a whole different realm than tailback. Tony Pollard has to have o-linemen blocking well for his success as any rb would. You watch the games, I am assuming here but if you in fact do open your eyes to what is going on. Tony might have slowed some from injury but the cat is still fast enough to get it done. Go back and watch some Barry Sanders on YT and you can find him running around in the backfield trying to get to the los a lot of times. Cause? Not good blocking for the great Barry Sanders is why. Don't just go with the narrative on here. Tony Pollard is fine. Someone on here mentioned that our backs just stick their nose up in their holes instead of bouncing it regardless of no hole to be had. I played tailback in high school and we were told that very same thing. Hit it and go north-south don't bounce it. Don't know if that is the coaching philosophy in Dallas but it wouldn't surprise me

blueblood70

Reaction score
With the understanding Tyron is going to miss some games every season, I wonder if the Cowboys can get him back on a team friendly one or two year deal? It's clear he still has something left, and it's worth it to have him even for 10-12 starts per year.
You know I find ironic lot of zoners and alleged cowboy fans been wanting this guy to be cut off our team for years saying he's a liability he's wasting a spot etcetera etcetera it got even worse when he hurt his neck this year oh that same group came back and said Jerry should cut him right now they literally wanted tyron Smith cut off this team immediately when they heard about his neck injury just claiming he just doesn't do anything for this team anymore...

It's ironic is it not look the man still has something to offer he was willing to take a pay cut to do so he is still one of the better left tackles in the league and if Jerry Jones and tyron Smith think he's worth keeping on this team he should be able to play as long as he wants...

It is very true he's one of the players that was picked on that every year they say he should have been cut years ago and yet they don't realize how hard it is to get offensive lineman to play even average let alone above average which right now at his age and all his mileage and all his injuries he's still playing like a top ten left tackle.... So I don't mind the man being here I don't understand what the rush was to cut him off this team.... I think he stayed around because he wants to win a ring he wants that NFC championship game he wants that Super Bowl so he's trying to hold on as long as possible...

And since he still can offer hey above average level of play why would we wanna get rid of a guy like that who is homegrown one of the best players both on and off the field to ever put the star on his helmet so anyone who wanted this guy gone shame on you you are not a GM you are not a team owner and that is why we use that lying here too often because you wanna chase guys off the team...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyron is playing well. Steele, however puts the ‘rot’ in ROT.
Yeah that's the thing though he's coming off a major knee injury, he's trying to get back to form and eventually he will so can we calm down on ripping the dude for actually trying to play through his injury while recovering.. He said some good games and he's had some bad games overall he's playing probably what I would call average but I think that he is getting better and nobody's perfect guys get beat he's not gonna be that guy that locks down the right tackle spot and gets all pro votes but if he just gets back to at least who he was before the injury will be just fine..

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Which is crazy to think about since we drafted him in 2011 and Martin in 2014. It's also crazy to think that he has been on this team for 12 years already. It's insane where the time goes anymore.
No doubt a long time, and still playing at a high level is very cool. We'll see how well he plays in the playoffs. lol

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Wrong on both counts!
Lol. You think Pollard could get RB1 reps from any decent team in the league? No, he couldn’t. Did you watch SF play today? Pollard would get cut from that lineup.

Again, there was a reason he couldn’t get starting reps in college. He was a great return guy, but when he did get RB reps, he got stoned at the line just like he gets stoned now.

And for the ‘blocking is terrible’ crowd, he’s got two future HoF’ers blocking for him, a left guard that’s playing high level football, a center who’s moving men off the line, and a serviceable right tackle. Blocking isn’t the problem. The ease at which Pollard goes down is the problem and always has been.

conner01

Reaction score
And this is why you “deal” with TS injuries..

Tyron is one of the best in the league at one of the most important (expensive) positions on the team. Dal is paying him $8mil for HOF LT production

Meanwhile, we gave Pollard $10mil for mediocre production.
In all fairness most here wanted Tyron cut before the season lol

conner01

Reaction score
No doubt a long time, and still playing at a high level is very cool. We'll see how well he plays in the playoffs. lol
Once it’s not possible to help our playoff position he should be wrapped in bubble wrap and stored away till playoffs

conner01

Reaction score
Lol. You think Pollard could get RB1 reps from any decent team in the league? No, he couldn’t. Did you watch SF play today? Pollard would get cut from that lineup.

Again, there was a reason he couldn’t get starting reps in college. He was a great return guy, but when he did get RB reps, he got stoned at the line just like he gets stoned now.

And for the ‘blocking is terrible’ crowd, he’s got two future HoF’ers blocking for him, a left guard that’s playing high level football, a center who’s moving men off the line, and a serviceable right tackle. Blocking isn’t the problem. The ease at which Pollard goes down is the problem and always has been.
He would get reps with most teams. 49ers are the exception not the rule

LovinItAll

Reaction score
He would get reps with most teams. 49ers are the exception not the rule
Getting reps isn’t the same as being RB1. He was getting reps when Zeke was still effective. I like Pollard, he’s just not that guy, and I have no idea what people who think he is are watching.

It’s a myth that the Cowboys aren’t a good run blocking team. Put CMac back there and he’d average 100/game.

conner01

Reaction score
Getting reps isn’t the same as being RB1. He was getting reps when Zeke was still effective. I like Pollard, he’s just not that guy, and I have no idea what people who think he is are watching.

It’s a myth that the Cowboys aren’t a good run blocking team. Put CMac back there and he’d average 100/game.
I bet he’d start on many teams. Obviously not the 49ers because they have CMC

blueblood70

Reaction score
In all fairness most here wanted Tyron cut before the season lol
Not me bhut you are correct.. You should have seen the overreactions when he heard his neck and the couple games he missed before then the ridiculous comments about jerry shou....ut the guy because he's wasting space.. Telling this guy to force retirement and Jerry to cut him off this team is insane This is why you can't trust fans any fans to beat GM's they're not good judges of contracts trades or roster building they think they are they think they have an inside scoop because they're on social media and they can a couple clicks they can open up stat lines and whatnot but you can't judge players because they're injured on and off the field you have to let that player decide when it's time to retire you have to let the team decide if he's a waste of a roster spot or not and in this case they're wrong I can live with this dude playing 10-12 games a year if he's playing at this level keep him off the practice field cinnamon games that you know are probably gonna be blowouts you know sit him at halftime get young guys in get them experience there's all kinds of ways to utilize a guy like tyron.....

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score

on a decent bit of their runs philly was getting into the backfield to meet CMC but he just went around them