Is Tyron Still An Effective LOT?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's not gas him up too much now, we have a long week of rest, the guy still has to brush his teeth in the morning, anything could happen!!!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Absolutely when healthy. Dallas still needs to address his replacement soon though.
I think we've already got a plan for Tyron's replacement in Tyler.

Knock on wood, but maybe we don't need to rush that plan. PFF has him 2nd in the league and he *looks* healthy. This kind of season buys him another injury break in my book. All Pro LTs don't grow on trees.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Next four games

The next four games for the Cowboys are against teams with winning records. The Bills are .500, but they have an offense on the same level as the others. The defense looks lost in coverage when they don’t get pressure, and one thing they need help with is when teams run motion.

Seattle’s playoff hopes hung on this game, so they played more aggressively, but they did whatever they wanted to on offense. The Cowboys are going to see the best of the best when it comes to the postseason.

If they give up 35 points a game to teams that will play in January, that is a reason to be concerned. Right now, Dak Prescott is playing the best football of his career, and probably better than anyone in football since the loss to the 49ers.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ses-questions-jake-ferguson-shaquille-leonard

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm pretty sure his last injury was something that would've happened to anyone in his position, so holding that against him doesn't make sense. If not for a freak accident, he would've been healthy last year, and so far he's been healthy this season. Resting him seems to be working very well, and anything that keeps him healthy and on the field is something I'm 100% on board with.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I believe the answer is YES!

Yes, most of the time. I watch a couple of film breakdowns and he is usually solid. Not as good as Tyler Smith in space now, but on the line, excellent. Biadiaz is the guy who has really improved---yes, he can still be bull rushed one on one, but other than that, he is probably our best lineman at double teams then going to the LB and is excellent in space.

visionary

Reaction score
Huh? Have you seen all the runs each game when Pollard gets hit at the LOS or behind it? People want to be critical of him but he literally has no where to run most of the time. The great Emmitt Smith would struggle behind some of the terrible blocking Pollard has to run behind this year.
LOL

Motorola

Reaction score
The NBA calls it Load Management. Tyron is the poster child for NFL Load Management. I think it's worth it.
Not really the same thing.
In the NBA, "Load Management" is a player missing some games during the course of a season not due to injury = DNP- Coach's Decision. Skipping the 2nd game of a back-to-back (consecutive nights), not playing against an inferior opponent, so in few days later start against a stronger foe\ division rival \ a team a few games ahead in the conference standings.
The Cardinals game where he was a healthy scratch = "Load Management" of Tyron.
Could see some more "Load Management" the last couple of games this season if the Cowboys' playoff berth is wrapped up -- Tryon (and others) not playing at all.
JMO

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Huh? Have you seen all the runs each game when Pollard gets hit at the LOS or behind it? People want to be critical of him but he literally has no where to run most of the time. The great Emmitt Smith would struggle behind some of the terrible blocking Pollard has to run behind this year.
I've seen Pollard consistently go down VERY easily, especially earlier in games. Relative to a strong back, he just isn't. And I don't agree that ES or earlier Zeke would've struggled as Pollard has. He sometimes has to break a couple of plays later in the game to get to just 50-60 yards. Also, it's hard to believe that our O-line offers Dak exceptional pass protection, but they can't block for the run. While I've watched a fair bit of All-22, I haven't ever focused on run-blocking, so I'll concede that you may be right and I may be wrong until I do so, though a part of being a good RB is being able to break tackles, and that's hard to evaluate on film when a dude is going down so easily. BTW, this was Pollard's issue at Memphis as well, a team I follow religiously as a former Memphian of 25 years.

It bears mentioning that Martin and T. Smith were there when Zeke was piling up yards, so what you are saying, in essence, is that LG, C, and RT are so weak at run blocking that they erase any advantage having two HoF O-lineman provide.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To answer the OP's question.... a resounding YES from me. Carry on......

SlammedZero

Reaction score
People should also remember, he's relatively young. Year younger than Zach Martin, he's 3 years younger than Trent Williams.
Which is crazy to think about since we drafted him in 2011 and Martin in 2014. It's also crazy to think that he has been on this team for 12 years already. It's insane where the time goes anymore.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not really the same thing.
In the NBA, "Load Management" is a player missing some games during the course of a season not due to injury = DNP- Coach's Decision. Skipping the 2nd game of a back-to-back (consecutive nights), not playing against an inferior opponent, so in few days later start against a stronger foe\ division rival \ a team a few games ahead in the conference standings.
The Cardinals game where he was a healthy scratch = "Load Management" of Tyron.
Could see some more "Load Management" the last couple of games this season if the Cowboys' playoff berth is wrapped up -- Tryon (and others) not playing at all.
JMO
Yeah but there’s only 17 games so NFL adapts, Same concept though. Missing practice used to be a cardinal sin not that long ago.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yeah but there’s only 17 games so NFL adapts, Same concept though. Missing practice used to be a cardinal sin not that long ago.
A coaching mantra: "If you can't practice, you can't play."

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yes when he is healthy, Tyron is firmly in that top 5-7 range at LT.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyron is one of the best in the league at one of the most important (expensive) positions on the team. Dal is paying him $8mil for HOF LT production

Meanwhile, we gave Pollard $10mil for mediocre production.
Their respective positions make things different. Tyron has to rely on himself to anchor the blindside of Dak. He and the other Smith may have to communicate and collaborate on certain blocking assignments but that is a whole different realm than tailback. Tony Pollard has to have o-linemen blocking well for his success as any rb would. You watch the games, I am assuming here but if you in fact do open your eyes to what is going on. Tony might have slowed some from injury but the cat is still fast enough to get it done. Go back and watch some Barry Sanders on YT and you can find him running around in the backfield trying to get to the los a lot of times. Cause? Not good blocking for the great Barry Sanders is why. Don't just go with the narrative on here. Tony Pollard is fine..

Last edited: