Is Tyrone Crawford Practicing Today?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hopefully the 7 million we save cutting Crawford will go to quinn.

I hope so, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Amazingly, they had every chance to reduce his cap number significantly or move on entirely and they chose to do nothing.

And here they are.

But I'm not now going to suddenly expect them to wake up and get it and move on from this guy. They're too caught up in their feelings to think straight.

cern

Reaction score
They had every reason to have him take a significant paycut or cut him outright. And they willingly chose not to. Nobody was going to sign the guy at anywhere near what he was making, not coming off of hip surgery and missing all offseason work, and not embarrassing himself and the league on TMZ. They screwed this thing up royally. But I notice that nobody wants to even talk about Tyrone Crawford now. Just like Taco.

Now they reap what they've sown.
sadly, concerns over randy Gregory and taco Charlton are what have kept Crawford on the roster the last two years. they finally moved on from taco. Gregory doesn't cost anything while suspended, but he continues to be a wrench in the gears while we can't decide whether to just cull him out or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sadly, concerns over randy Gregory and taco Charlton are what have kept Crawford on the roster the last two years. they finally moved on from taco. Gregory doesn't cost anything while suspended, but he continues to be a wrench in the gears while we can't decide whether to just cull him out or not.

I'd continue to treat him like what he is - not here. Consider him a 3rd sting backup role player and act accordingly in the draft and free agency.

You're right though, that those two disappointments are what's kept this "Tyrone Crawford at RDE farce" going on for as long as it has. To his credit, Crawford has lined up wherever they've asked him to, but it's clear to anyone with functioning eyesight that he has no business lining up there. Or making $9 million a year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They had every reason to have him take a significant paycut or cut him outright. And they willingly chose not to. Nobody was going to sign the guy at anywhere near what he was making, not coming off of hip surgery and missing all offseason work, and not embarrassing himself and the league on TMZ. They screwed this thing up royally. But I notice that nobody wants to even talk about Tyrone Crawford now. Just like Taco.

Now they reap what they've sown.

Ugh. I forgot about the brawl.

What's the status on a possible suspension there? Or for that matter, prosecution?

I think Crawford is a better player than you do, but there's way too many extra issues for us to have kept him at his current price.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ugh. I forgot about the brawl.

What's the status on a possible suspension there? Or for that matter, prosecution?

It looks to me like Crawford is too far down the pecking order for the league to care. Given the timeline, I don;t think anything is coming of it.

I think Crawford is a better player than you do, but there's way too many extra issues for us to have kept him at his current price.

Again, I don't consider him a "bad player", just one that has his strengths and weaknesses. As people have said, he's a good "team guy", but that takes you so far. But he's a round peg in a square hole. A 3-4 DE that's been perpetually miscast since we switched to a 4-3.

At the end of the day, it's a results business, and he doesn't get enough results, certainly not from the RDE position. I find the farce of anyone thinking he's effective out there to be infuriating, excuse-making at its finest. I invite those making the excuses to show me another team satisfied with a RDE that's getting zero sacks from that position. Good luck.

Take note of how nobody wants to even talk about him at this point, it's telling.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If he's still limited, there's no need to rush him back, certainly not at the obvious expense of having to deactivate a healthy player whose snaps won't need to be limited.

“He does a lot of the little things, the dirty work that not lot of people see that can have an impact on your front and on your defense,” Jason Garrett said. “He’s an outstanding leader so we’ve certainly missed him.”

More of the nonsense mindset with this guy, it's obvious Garrett still doesn't get it.

How have you "missed him"? Sorry to be seeing improve sacks numbers? Sorry to be limiting teams to 10 and 12 points these past two games?

Worry about tangible results and not the intangible nonsense about "leadership".

75boyz

Reaction score
It looks to me like Crawford is too far down the pecking order for the league to care. Given the timeline, I don;t think anything is coming of it.

Again, I don't consider him a "bad player", just one that has his strengths and weaknesses. As people have said, he's a good "team guy", but that takes you so far. But he's a round peg in a square hole. A 3-4 DE that's been perpetually miscast since we switched to a 4-3.

At the end of the day, it's a results business, and he doesn't get enough results, certainly not from the RDE position. I find the farce of anyone thinking he's effective out there to be infuriating, excuse-making at its finest. I invite those making the excuses to show me another team satisfied with a RDE that's getting zero sacks from that position. Good luck.

Take note of how nobody wants to even talk about him at this point, it's telling.

Excellent post.

Extremely hard to argue much less disprove any of your statements as the empirical evidence you expertly pointed out is rooted in simple tape don't lie facts.

Up until this year's durability/injury issues his status reminded me of Brandon Carr. Never missing a game, solid but nothing spectacular and grossly overpaid based on performance versus production. Just a simple nightmare of an undeserved contract.

Eli had been that same overpaid contractual albatross for the Gmen for about 5 years now. Kinda sucks they found a good one it looks like.

Fingers definitely crossed that Zeke and/or Lawrence don't get the I'm paid now I can relax disease. Things could go from bad to worse even quicker than anticipated.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent post.

Extremely hard to argue much less disprove any of your statements as the empirical evidence you expertly pointed out is rooted in simple tape don't lie facts.

Up until this year's durability/injury issues his status reminded me of Brandon Carr. Never missing a game, solid but nothing spectacular and grossly overpaid based on performance versus production. Just a simple nightmare of an undeserved contract.

I think your comparison to Carr is a perfect one. The exact same guys. Great "team guys" and "lead by example" players. But "good" players given "great" contracts. And Crawford's situation is made worse than Carr's in that he's not actually anything resembling a true "starter". And fans have tried to argue over the semantics of that while dancing around what they know themselves. That the guy is a "starter" in name only. And if he stays judged by what he actually did at his "starting" position, it not makes things look even worse.

Eli had been that same overpaid contractual albatross for the Gmen for about 5 years now. Kinda sucks they found a good one it looks like.

Fingers definitely crossed that Zeke and/or Lawrence don't get the I'm paid now I can relax disease. Things could go from bad to worse even quicker than anticipated.

I don't think it's an effort thing with Crawford, it's a talent thing, and being ill-suited for what he's being asked to Dom in our 4-3 defense.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think your comparison to Carr is a perfect one. The exact same guys. Great "team guys" and "lead by example" players. But "good" players given "great" contracts. And Crawford's situation is made worse than Carr's in that he's not actually anything resembling a true "starter". And fans have tried to argue over the semantics of that while dancing around what they know themselves. That the guy is a "starter" in name only. And if he stays judged by what he actually did at his "starting" position, it not makes things look even worse.

I don't think it's an effort thing with Crawford, it's a talent thing, and being ill-suited for what he's being asked to Dom in our 4-3 defense.

Yep, good call on your last 2 sentences pointing out the differences in the Zeke and DLaw contracts as compared to Crawford's. With the former you have guys with talent who got paid and we don't want to become lazy. With the latter you have the opposite with an unquestioned hard worker, he just doesn't have the natural talent. OR rephrased, talent commensurate with paycheck.