Is Witten that good?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;1764013 said:
TEs of Whitten's ability don't come along every day so when you get one and know how to use him it causes fits for opposing defenses.The loss of Whitten would be a huge for this team.It's no coincedence that the Cowboys haven't had this potent of an offense since Novacek retired.

You are right but I will say I feel good about Curtis and Fasano if they had to fill in for Witten for a game or 2. All 3 guys are 6'05" and have good hands

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
In all honesty, I'd have to go with Tony Curtis. If Romo had thrown to him as much as he did Witten, he'd have 47 TDs so far this season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1764049 said:
In all honesty, I'd have to go with Tony Curtis. If Romo had thrown to him as much as he did Witten, he'd have 47 TDs so far this season.

I don't know about that but I do like the fact that Curtis is coming along for us and hopefully will see more playing time

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1764049 said:
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

GoBigD

Reaction score
give the guy a break... just the other day i had trouble remembering wittens first name

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1763902 said:
One of Sunday's announcers said that, second to Romo, Witten is the player who powers the Dallas offense.

I disagree.

I say it is

1. Romo
2. MBIII
3. T.O. (his skill and they way he makes other teams adjust their defenses)
4. Witten

Anyone think Witten is the second only to Romo?

I think it is like this.

1. Romo
2. Owens
3. Witten
4. MBIII

Remember everyone saying a week or so back that the key to beating Dallas is to take Witten out. Get Witten covered and Tony has issues checking off.

Ummmm correct me if I am wrong but didn't the NYFG do this same this this pasy Sunday?

Owens 6 catches 123 yrds 2TD's.

Go ahead and double Witten. We dare you. :laugh2:

Dallas is averaging almost 7 yards on 1st down this year. Top's in the league. Wowser !

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
GoBigD;1764083 said:
give the guy a break... just the other day i had trouble remembering wittens first name

He's been on this team for 5 years and people still don't know his name starts with a capital "w".:lmao2:J/K, GoBigD

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday;1764029 said:
Sorry to be a jerk, but WITTEN has been on this team for what 5 years now. ITS NOT WHITTEN it is WITTEN.

Sorry man.Point taken.I'll refer to him by his first name from now on.Jayson.;-)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday;1764029 said:
Sorry to be a jerk, but WITTEN has been on this team for what 5 years now. ITS NOT WHITTEN it is WITTEN.

Oh, by the way.It is IT'S not ITS.;-)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Vtwin;1764119 said:
Sorry man.Point taken.I'll refer to him by his first name from now on.Jayson.;-)

LOL, good one! Sorry to go off, it just gets me frustrated that everyday someone spells his name Whitten. I'm not even sure why, I am terrible about spell checking my own posts on message boards.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
for skill players

Witten is Romo's favorite target, that says alot

anyone see the TO, 50-yard TD against the Giants? I mean really see it? Gibril Wilson was supposed to go up and cover TO, but got sucked inside because he saw Witten was about to be open

Witten scares people, and is focused on as much as TO is, both players are getting double teams

and Witten's stretching of the middle of the field goes a ways to opening up the running game, esp. on draw plays, a play we should run more of

I'd place the order of importance as:

1. Romo
2a. TO
2b. Witten
3. Barber/JJ

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1765161 said:
for skill players

Witten is Romo's favorite target, that says alot

anyone see the TO, 50-yard TD against the Giants? I mean really see it? Gibril Wilson was supposed to go up and cover TO, but got sucked inside because he saw Witten was about to be open

Witten scares people, and is focused on as much as TO is, both players are getting double teams

That was a thing of beauty.

Bob Sacamano;1765161 said:
I'd place the order of importance as:

1. Romo
2a. TO
2b. Witten
3. Barber/JJ

I actually think its more

1. Romo
1a. TO
2. Witten
3. Barber