Is Zeke still a top 5 RB?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Hi rookie year he was quite possibly the best football player in the entire NFL. He was an insane combination of speed, power and athletic ability. His hurdling skills were unreal. After that year I softened on the RB 4th overall stance he was just that good. The fat, out of shape, disinterested blob they are trotting out onto the field now is no where close.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Lol, no.

It was depressing watching the Browns game. The difference in speed and quickness between Chubb and Zeke was blatant. Their back up (Hunt) was clearly better. In 2016 I was a huge Zeke fan and thought he drove that team but he is currently a shell of himself. He needs to lose a lot of weight. I don't think he is a top 20 back right now let alone top 5.

Its to the point where Dallas could draft an RB in the 3rd round and get better production out of them. A real coach and GM would be thinking about benching and cutting him. Instead, Dallas is going to treat him softly and encourage him to put on 10 more pounds for next year.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Im just curious who still believes this?
Since the the Dallas Cowboys are now the New Orleans Saints for the 70's and 80's, trade Zeke and Amari Cooper like the Saints traded Chuck Muncie and Wes Chandler. Then watch that team go to the Conference Championship game and the Cowboys continue flushing down the toilet like those Saints teams

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Hi rookie year he was quite possibly the best football player in the entire NFL. He was an insane combination of speed, power and athletic ability. His hurdling skills were unreal. After that year I softened on the RB 4th overall stance he was just that good. The fat, out of shape, disinterested blob they are trotting out onto the field now is no where close.

He’s transformed into the lovechild of Ironhead Heyward and Ladanlian Tomlinson.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I haven't seen blocking as an issue for Zeke's struggles.

We've been forced to throw the ball a ton because of how far we fall behind in games..

Passing gets you the lead and running closes games. We never have a lead.

He's lacked volume.

This.........not sure about rankings but he's still regarded as a top back by league coaches. I will say if you look back at MM tenure with the Packs, his system was never heavy on the running game. It's why MM only Zeke X number touches, not carry.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
It's not like Zeke is in a position this year to get a lot of touches. The fumbles have been disastrous, but when you are playing from behind, it is hard for your RB to make a huge impact.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
And when was the last time a RB drafted in the top 10 won a Super Bowl or even got to a Super Bowl with the team that drafted him?

*Notice I gave some leeway and didn’t even ask about top 5.
cant you read man, I am putting him down. I am saying he was not a top rb last year or this year, pick your battles better

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Not in the current offensive system. Put him in the "I" behind a thumper of a FB and let him run downhill.
This reminds me of what happened with DeMarco Murray after signing with Philly.

aria

Reaction score
cant you read man, I am putting him down. I am saying he was not a top rb last year or this year, pick your battles better
Whoaaaaaaa....eaaaaaaaasy big fella! I was just making a generalized statement based on your post, it was meant to be a rhetorical question. Apologies for not making that more clear.

Plus I don’t like battles, I prefer all out wars. Battles are a waste of time, gotta lay it all out there and be done with it at once, know what I mean?

aria

Reaction score
Zeke is top 3, but he is not playing like one.
Lol, not according to almost every statistical category for the past 4 years outside of total yards which is mostly the direct result of play calling and the O line he’s had.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Whoaaaaaaa....eaaaaaaaasy big fella! I was just making a generalized statement based on your post, it was meant to be a rhetorical question. Apologies for not making that more clear.

Plus I don’t like battles, I prefer all out wars. Battles are a waste of time, gotta lay it all out there and be done with it at once, know what I mean?
ok fair enough