Is Zeke still a top 5 RB?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your point is what then?

He's not lacking productipn due to lack of volume as I just pointed out.

My point is Zeke usually leads the league in rushing because he leads the league in volume.

That goes for almost any individual at the position.

If you get volume you produce..

Nick Chubb lead the league in rushing last year and he also lead the league in attempts if I remember correctly..

If you want Zeke to produce like he has in the past you need to bring his work load back to where it was.

Falling behind early in games and getting down 20 points is going to decrease his high workload and his production.

No RB that I know if produces more when their work load decreases.

Volume is the biggest key to a RBs success.. I would say even more than their talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
If he'd stop fumbling, absolutely. Surprised anyone's even asking. Prolly agenda driven.

catiii

Reaction score
He is the star RB. I think he has got to be on a very short leash by now. If he fumbles one more time I would pull him. There has to be something wrong. He has never been a big fumbler. This year has been so weird. Was really looking forward to it. Now not so much. I would get Pollard more carries anyways and please get him off of kick returns.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016 - 5
2017 - 3
2018 - 6
2019 - 1
2020 - 4
TOTAL 19

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If he'd stop fumbling, absolutely. Surprised anyone's even asking. Prolly agenda driven.

The only thing strong enough to keep him in the top 5 discussion is homerism or your priors being destroyed and unable to cope.

There's too much information out there to think Zeke is anything close to a top 5 back.

Big_D

Reaction score
Dallas is one of the few teams that doesn’t RBBC so he will always rank higher because of that.

6th for him is very low.

Dallas as a team Is around 18th in the league in attempts.

I think that's the biggest problem here. You have to use RBBC in todays NFL. If not you're screwing yourself in the event of an injury. Bellichick uses like 20 backs. lol Obviously you don't have to take it to such an extreme, 1 back is no longer. This lead dog, bell cow era is gone. Then with the line they assembled and the big workload the numbers were greater than those teams utilizing multiple backs. But the sooner this team heads in that direction, the better off the offense will be. He's tired every single game which is expected and still the team does nothing. Helps preserve the back while the team can find fresh legs in big situations.

I used to be a huge fan of that lead back. Emmitt all time favorite player. But this is no longer that league he played in. Adapt. This team doesn't do that. They overpay and then force it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
My point is Zeke usually leads the league in rushing because he leads the league in volume.

Nick Chubb lead the league in rushing last year and he also lead the league in attempts if I remember correctly..

If you want Zeke to produce like he has in the past you need to bring his work load back to where it was.

Falling behind early in games and getting down 20 points is going to decrease his high workload and his production.

Volume is the biggest key to a RBs success.. I would say even more than their talent.

You remembered incorrectly.

So youre saying Zeke was never actually good, he jist put up #'s in the past due to volume?

OMG @aria WE MADE IT!!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh look. Another "I told you so" thread to drum up the "yeah man" responses. People love their herds of co-whine support. Lol. Just once I want to see someone post a thread titled, "I think water is wet. Who's with me on this?"

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Chubb was third in the league in carries in 2019.

Zeke is not doing much with the volume he’s getting. Chubb had 11 “big plays” last year (per ESPN, runs over 20 yards). Of those 11, four (4) were of 40+ yards.

Zeke had just four (4) big plays and none of those were longer than 33 yards.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

What we need from Zeke is efficiency, not necessarily volume. If we are going to bull our way ahead for 2-4 yards a pop, we can do that with RBBC. We got 4.1 ypc from Joseph Randle, we shouldn't expect it from Zeke. This is the 2nd time in his career Zeke is averaging 4.1 ypc. There are 30 other players who average more than that right now.

Henry led the league in rushing last year, Chubb was 2nd. Henry led the league in attempts. Henry had 2 more attempts than Zeke but had 183 more yards because he averaged 5.1 ypc compared to Zeke's 4.5 ypc.

I asked this question in the offseason, would you rather have Zeke rush the ball 275 times for 1375 yards or 325 times for 1462 yards? If we can give him fewer carries but he averages 5 ypc rather than more carries at 4.5 ypc it would be better for the team. It would be less wear and tear on his body. I don't want him taking a pounding 50 more times to gain only 87 more yards.

aria

Reaction score

So youre saying Zeke was never actually good, he jist put up #'s in the past due to volume?

OMG @aria WE MADE IT!!!
Lol, people are finally starting to get it!

You know as soon as he has ONE big game his panty sniffers will be gloating what a great RB he is. I wish I remembered who started the thread after week 1 about how zeke was our best player, lol.

aria

Reaction score
Oh look. Another "I told you so" thread to drum up the "yeah man" responses. People love their herds of co-whine support. Lol. Just once I want to see someone post a thread titled, "I think water is wet. Who's with me on this?"
Well it has taken 5 years for some people to realize what a worthless dbag RB we overpaid and over drafted.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

OMG @aria WE MADE IT!!!

Zeke is good..

Ive just never believed in paying that position to begin with and I think any RB that gets a ton of carries produces.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Well, water isn't wet.

So there will be disagreements there as well!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

What's wrong with some well-deserved victory laps?

There was a very select few of us that knew that Zeke was among the most overrated players in the league, and people thought he was amongst the top at his position(many had him as the best overall which says a lot about Cowoboys fans). But those select few fought the good fight explaining over and over why he was never actually that good, and now people are starting to realize it.

Hell Catch17 has gone from "Zeke is the engine to our offense and nearly any QB could be successful with him in the backfield" to "I would never sink resources into the RB position" in a very short period of time.