Isaah Wilson, 1st Rounder

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Shhhh! We know that. We don’t want to advertise that.

Hill and Smith just weren’t used properly. They need a change of scenery to maximize their All-Pro potential. Sell it like that. Show some splash plays. Both had a few against the Giants in Oct.
Aw shoot. I may have blown the whole thing. Ooops

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Pssst. Hill showed up last year and was praised by the vets for how far he'd come along. He also showed he belonged with his play.

Maybe you should watch some games and change your opinions when things actually change.
Lol ok

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The Titans took Isaah Wilson with the 29th overall pick in the 2020 draft.
He's a complete knucklehead and didn't play. They are moving toward a divorce. GM called him out and he says he's done with the Titans. I'd normally say they wouldn't cut bait yet but the GM just called him out. This is the ultimate Jerry move. I'd offer our extra 4th and hook this guy up with Rob Davis - this is literally why Davis is on staff!

Wilson got some money and his immaturity really showed but at 6'7" 340 he projects as a smothering RT, a decent LT, and an intriguing G prospect. I'd definitely move a few of those supplemental picks for this guy.

Just what we need, "a complete knucklehead". True, a monster smothering RT is definitely an interesting subject, but "a complete knucklehead"? Not sure we need a mental case.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
there are 100 other 21 year olds that don't act like a knuckle head. and given our defense and the state of the defense and the GM, our organization is better off without knuckle heads.

there aren't 100 21 year olds who have the talent to be a first round pick.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Just what we need, "a complete knucklehead". True, a monster smothering RT is definitely an interesting subject, but "a complete knucklehead"? Not sure we need a mental case.

He was a first rounder.

We literally have someone on our coaching staff who specializes in this sort of player

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
there aren't 100 21 year olds who have the talent to be a first round pick.
so if you are a first round pick, its ok if you are a knuckle head, immature and idiot!!!! is that what you just said? there were more than 100 NFL draftees that made made NFL teams last year....they are paid to be PROFESSIONALS...anything else is an excuse.......if you think its ok for any 21 year old, making MILLIONS to act like a knuckle head, then you don't have any work experience.....its WORK. professional.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yes ...... This is exactly the kinda move Jerry has been making for the 25 years since we last won a superbowl ...... But it will be different this time ........ Right?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No team is going to give up a 4th for him. They'll wait for him to be cut.

Carson

Reaction score
Yes ...... This is exactly the kinda move Jerry has been making for the 25 years since we last won a superbowl ...... But it will be different this time ........ Right?

Honestly speaking, what moves has he made? This team has dominantly been made up through the draft.

The last big name we signed in free agency was Brandon Carr.

The big trades were for Roy Williams ... when we thought we were close to a super bowl. Then Amari Cooper, when our receiver room consisted of Beasley, Hurns, Williams and Thompson.

The only big moves I can think on in 10 years or so. I’m sure I’m wrong but just spitballing

FVSTONE

Reaction score
How many of y'all said this about Trysten Hill?

Dude straight up wins the starting job out of the gate and got tons of praise from the vets for his work.

But yeah, I'm sure all your decisions at 21 were rock solid.
The Cowboys saw something in Hill that's why they drafted him. As for Wilson the Cowboys had a chance to draft him and passed on him. If he was all that then I'm sure JJ would of pulled the trigger on him. I realize he wasn't a need, but neither was CeeDee and we drafted him.......... Also, this team is loaded with knuckle head under achievers and the Boys don't need another one walking thru the door anytime soon.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I heard Terrace Steele was dominant the tail end of the season, so I think they like their guys.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
so if you are a first round pick, its ok if you are a knuckle head, immature and idiot!!!! is that what you just said? there were more than 100 NFL draftees that made made NFL teams last year....they are paid to be PROFESSIONALS...anything else is an excuse.......if you think its ok for any 21 year old, making MILLIONS to act like a knuckle head, then you don't have any work experience.....its WORK. professional.

Umm, not it isn't OK that you are a knucklehead. But it doesn't mean a player can't mature.

Expecting everyone to show up and immediately fully understand how to be a professional seems a bit ridiculous. Players mature at different rates

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The Cowboys saw something in Hill that's why they drafted him. As for Wilson the Cowboys had a chance to draft him and passed on him. If he was all that then I'm sure JJ would of pulled the trigger on him. I realize he wasn't a need, but neither was CeeDee and we drafted him.......... Also, this team is loaded with knuckle head under achievers and the Boys don't need another one walking thru the door anytime soon.

What a hilarious take. We had Lamb as a top 5 talent and he fell to us. Wilson was always projected as a late first pick. We drafted Lamb because he was the best player and we actually did have a need since most teams consider 3 WR a base set.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Umm, not it isn't OK that you are a knucklehead. But it doesn't mean a player can't mature.

Expecting everyone to show up and immediately fully understand how to be a professional seems a bit ridiculous. Players mature at different rates
in order to mature, it takes time and it takes the RIGHT organization. historically we haven't proven we are the type of organization that can manage knuckle heads. David Irvin, Gregory, Hill, Hardy and perhaps a couple of more come to mind. Irvin got suspended. Gregory has been suspended more than he has played. Hill showed a lot of immaturity and unprofessionalism. Hardy, holy cow, I won't even go there. if he went to New England, or New Orleans or GB, I could understand, given the leadership on those teams, the organization, etc. but not in our organization.....and all of the above had talent. and lets not forget our own Zeke was in hot water, got suspended (right or wrong, doesn't matter) and he has been on the front page for the wrong reasons many times and the organization covering for him.....

sorry, no thanks. we don't need somebody else's head case on this team.

bewp7

Reaction score
idk what is deal is if he is just not good or lazy or dumb but no more player like that please,

i rather draft a guy with a less combine number or sparq who is a over achiever who will out work everyone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Nah im good unless I can pick him up for free.
I would not even do that and just deal with the remorse that comes with not risking a dice roll what appears to be a very unmotivated and quite possibly an unintelligent person.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would not even do that and just deal with the remorse that comes with not risking a dice roll what appears to be a very unmotivated and quite possibly an unintelligent person.
GM right here.
And he adopted me so I get to be like a Scout, or draw lines on the draft board, or something.
For lots of money!