Isaah Wilson, 1st Rounder

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
BUST!
Wilson played only four snaps in his rookie season. In September, he was arrested & charged w/DUI 3 days before the season opener. Twice he was placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. Why would anyone want this guy wearing a star?!

aria

Reaction score
But but but we draft so well! Why give up one of our great draft picks for another Jerry’s kid/reclamation project? Because it’s worked out so well over the past few decades?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
But but but we draft so well! Why give up one of our great draft picks for another Jerry’s kid/reclamation project? Because it’s worked out so well over the past few decades?
Wait a minute we all want to claim Jerry did great draft CD Lamb and how he drafted Zeke and Gallup but somehow we think that he won’t find another QB?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
What a hilarious take. We had Lamb as a top 5 talent and he fell to us. Wilson was always projected as a late first pick. We drafted Lamb because he was the best player and we actually did have a need since most teams consider 3 WR a base set.
The need was defense, not the best offense player available! JJ pulled the trigger on an offense player and this created a huge void in the defense and it showed badly this year. Lamb wasn't the baller everyone thought we were drafting. This young guy had a bad habit of dropping balls when passes thrown his way really counted. This is what happening when you have a team full of underachievers and over hyped players. Unfortunately, the young guys see vets dogging it or not putting their best foot forward on Sundays and young players think if so and so isn't working hard then why do I have to if I'm going to get paid either way............... Bringing in Wilson at this point would be a joke, the Cowboys don't have a lot of players who will push this dude. He'll end up being a cancer on the team.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
None of these bargain moves have really worked out. 4th is too rich for a guy who was a healthy scratch first round pick.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Titans took Isaah Wilson with the 29th overall pick in the 2020 draft. He's a complete knucklehead and didn't play. They are moving toward a divorce. GM called him out and he says he's done with the Titans. I'd normally say they wouldn't cut bait yet but the GM just called him out. This is the ultimate Jerry move. I'd offer our extra 4th and hook this guy up with Rob Davis - this is literally why Davis is on staff!

Wilson got some money and his immaturity really showed but at 6'7" 340 he projects as a smothering RT, a decent LT, and an intriguing G prospect. I'd definitely move a few of those supplemental picks for this guy.
Why do I always bite with interest,, its worth a look, a very close look.

aria

Reaction score
Wait a minute we all want to claim Jerry did great draft CD Lamb and how he drafted Zeke and Gallup but somehow we think that he won’t find another QB?
Lol, what? For one, the zeke pick was horrendous. Gallup was a nice find and Lamb literally fell into our laps and it’s still debatable whether we should have picked another WR. He never wanted Dak, he wanted Paxton Lynch for christs sake. Parcells was responsible for Romo. I can also point out our other recent draft picks.

1st round
-Taco Charlton
-LVE
-again, zeke
-Byron Jones who I like but there’s an entire thread with most people calling him average and over rated

The only thing this team does well is draft O lineman and I guess you could argue WR but 2 of the 3 we have were kind of anomalies since we didn’t draft Cooper but gave up a first for him and Lamb fell to us in a WR heavy draft. If Lamb wasn’t there then we would have drafted Ruggs or Jeudy most likely and we would be hearing the same praise (still think Ruggs will break out this year). I guarantee one of the three “big” WR’s or Pitts will be on the board when we pick, will Jerry be a genius for picking whichever is still there? Please.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Titans took Isaah Wilson with the 29th overall pick in the 2020 draft. He's a complete knucklehead and didn't play. They are moving toward a divorce. GM called him out and he says he's done with the Titans. I'd normally say they wouldn't cut bait yet but the GM just called him out. This is the ultimate Jerry move. I'd offer our extra 4th and hook this guy up with Rob Davis - this is literally why Davis is on staff!

Wilson got some money and his immaturity really showed but at 6'7" 340 he projects as a smothering RT, a decent LT, and an intriguing G prospect. I'd definitely move a few of those supplemental picks for this guy.
so other gMs make early round mistakes? that odd reading around here jerry is the only one.

BTW not sure why fans keep over focusing on the OL, if anything else last seasons IR fiasco across the line , its built depth and experience. We have

knight
Steele

Id rather bring back Erving as well they all now know the offense and that sets up our OL

to start season,

starters,

TS Cwill Biadasz Martin and LC

McGovern and Looney battling for one of the positions or swing guys

with Knight and Steele as fill ins and future guys..

Erving can be long time starter at either Tackle spot and if cheap enough i keep him..

we are set
resources are set and no need for NEW guys

DEFENSE GUYS do i need to get the water hose out and break the focus on Offense and get back to defense..we dont need any offense at all , truly set unless somehow we can't get Dak in here then well #10 is QB..:)

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
so other gMs make early round mistakes? that odd reading around here jerry is the only one.

BTW not sure why fans keep over focusing on the OL, if anything else last seasons IR fiasco across the line , its built depth and experience. We have

knight
Steele

Id rather bring back Erving as well they all now know the offense and that sets up our OL

to start season,

starters,

TS Cwill Biadasz Martin and LC

McGovern and Looney battling for one of the positions or swing guys

with Knight and Steele as fill ins and future guys..

Erving can be long time starter at either Tackle spot and if cheap enough i keep him..

we are set
resources are set and no need for NEW guys

DEFENSE GUYS do i need to get the water hose out and break the focus on Offense and get back to defense..we dont need any offense at all , truly set unless somehow we can't get Dak in here then well #10 is QB..:)

Oh, I certainly agree that Knight and, to a lesser extent, Steele are good depth. Love to bring back Erving and Looney. I expect the #1 priority is Looney - Looney had clearly been overtaken by Biadasz but remained the starter when Martin went out - likely because the staff felt we needed his leadership. Erving is a nice piece who has played all the line positions. He's good in a pinch and I'd put him over the other two Ts ... he just can't seem to stay healthy.

That said, we have a coach whose job it is to help players transition and mature in Rob Davis. If you employ a guy like that in a high-level position - note this isn't a fixer like we've used before - this is an actual member of the coaching staff - then it seems like an obvious move to go out and get the guys who are struggling with transition to the NFL and maturity. Particularly if they are young and talented. At worst, he flames out. At best, he's a long term starter. Somewhere in the middle, he flashes and stays out of trouble for a year or two and we move him if we don't have a need.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Cowboys and any other team in the NFL not willing to take a chance on the following athlete needs to fire their entire personnel department:
*Isaiah Wilson, DS #7 OT, Georgia
Selected: Round 1, Pick 1, Overall Pick 29 by Titans
Name: *Isaiah Wilson
College: Georgia Number: 79
Height: 6-6 Weight: 350
Position: OT Pos2: OG
Class/Draft Year: rSo/2020
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6064
Weight: 350

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 5.32
40 Yard Dash (HH): 5.32
20 Yard (ET): 3.03
20 Yard (HH): 2.95
10 Yard (ET): 1.79
10 Yard (HH): 1.77 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 26
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 09'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 5.07
3-Cone Drill: 8.26
Dates: 03/18/20
Hand: 10 1/4 Arm: 35 1/2
Wingspan: 84 3/8

Unless he is extremely out of shape or has committed a capital crime, trade for him or sign him if they cut him. Football players like Wilson do not grow on everywhere. Wingspan is ALL Pro category.

He is a Lael Collins type gift from the Titans.

Here is Collins draft profile:
Lael Collins, DS #3 OT, LSU
119342.jpg

Name: Lael Collins
College: LSU Number: 70
Height: 6-4 Weight: 305
Position: OT Pos2: OG
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2015
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6044
Weight: 305

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 5.12
40 Yard Dash (HH): 5.10
20 Yard (ET): 3.04
20 Yard (HH): 2.85
10 Yard (ET): 1.87
10 Yard (HH): 1.76 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 27
Broad Jump: 09'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.63
3-Cone Drill: 7.70
Dates: 03/27/15
Hand: 10 3/8 Arm: 33 1/4
Wingspan: 82

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Honestly speaking, what moves has he made? This team has dominantly been made up through the draft.

The last big name we signed in free agency was Brandon Carr.

The big trades were for Roy Williams ... when we thought we were close to a super bowl. Then Amari Cooper, when our receiver room consisted of Beasley, Hurns, Williams and Thompson.

The only big moves I can think on in 10 years or so. I’m sure I’m wrong but just spitballing

I don't think you understand what I am saying ....... Jerry is always trying to find gold in a trash heap ........ He wants to dog his self proclaimed ********** and find a star for cheap like Romo

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, Booger does well with guys with bad attitude, he likes them as leaders.