Isn't Mike McCarthy embarrassed by now?

XXLMike

Reaction score
Dan Shula once had a team that took a total of 9 offensive penalties for the entire season.

Mike McCarthy has had multiple games where his team takes nine penalties in the first half.

You could fire Mike McCarthy off the slop *** performance by his team last night - how do you have 12 men on the field in a massive game after you’ve given up 500 yards of rushing and all eyes are on you,?

This is how you come out and present yourself, the players or reflection of the coach and a ref reflection to the coaches discipline standards.

He apparently has no standards - and to let CeeDee Lamb walk around that sideline, pouting and being a center of attention like a prima donna child was sickening. Lamb’s body language is awful.

This team is a mess from the top down.

And someone needs to tell @ offensive coordinator “ Mike McCarthy to bury that CD lamb reverse play down by the goal line. Let us never have to watch that again. It has never worked ever.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dan Shula once had a team that took a total of 9 offensive penalties for the entire season.

Mike McCarthy has had multiple games where his team takes nine penalties in the first half.

You could fire Mike McCarthy off the slop *** performance by his team last night - how do you have 12 men on the field in a massive game after you’ve given up 500 yards of rushing and all eyes are on you,?

This is how you come out and present yourself, the players or reflection of the coach and a ref reflection to the coaches discipline standards.

He apparently has no standards - and to let CeeDee Lamb walk around that sideline, pouting and being a center of attention like a prima donna child was sickening. Lamb’s body language is awful.

And someone needs to tell @ offensive coordinator “ Mike McCarthy to bury that CD lamb reverse play down by the goal line. Let us never have to watch that again. It has never worked ever.
He should be. It'll be worse this year...lame duck coach that will probably never be a HC again

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a reason when he was fired from Green Bay. Nobody even looked at him except you know who a year later.
Where he said, Hey, Jerry? I know analytics, and I'll let you call all the shots. No problem.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
32 penalties in 4 games - #1 in the NFL
They are also only 1 of 2 teams to play 4 games. I'd bet a lot of money they are not #1 after Sunday. They also have the most penalties in their favor so far this year at 33.

This week they had Clary Martins crew calling the game, they've called two games so far this year and had 20 penalties (excluding declined and offsetting), 14 of those 20 were against the visiting team. This week the visiting team got called for 11 of 15 penalties. Not enough of a sample size yet, but its something the NFL should probably watch with this crew if it continues.

XXLMike

Reaction score
They are also only 1 of 2 teams to play 4 games. I'd bet a lot of money they are not #1 after Sunday. They also have the most penalties in their favor so far this year at 33.

This week they had Clary Martins crew calling the game, they've called two games so far this year and had 20 penalties (excluding declined and offsetting), 14 of those 20 were against the visiting team. This week the visiting team got called for 11 of 15 penalties. Not enough of a sample size yet, but its something the NFL should probably watch with this crew if it continues.
I’ll agree with you - that referee was atrocious.
He was looking to get on camera .

cowboyec

Reaction score
embarassed?
for managing 3 12 win seasons with an owner who hires himself as the GM and makes hc's inherit staff members?
nobody else would put up with that.
the only thing he's embarassed about is the current GM.
not his fault.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Funny how he was just fine at "coaching penalties" in GB. Yeah we've been stupid and undisciplined, but those refs last night were trash as well.
Historical numbers bear this out. GB gets favorable treatment historically from the refs whereas Dallas and Detroit have been at or near the top for most calls against for nearly 3 decades.

The only thing that changed for Big Mike was the logo, and yet the penalty situation for him completely reversed.

This has nothing to do with McCarthy. It has everything to do with the logo the team uses.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

This is the first year that Dallas has received a high number of favorable calls in over 30 years, and we are only a few games in. Let's see what happens to the totals at the end of the year.

I say Dallas will be number one or top 3 of penalty calls against and bottom 10 in favorable calls for. That would be in keeping with the historic ref trends.

Forneymike

Reaction score

I agree but a hall of fame coach who coached here, Bill Parcells said, "Don't put the penalties on me, I don't coach penalties." Bill was smarter than anyone on this board. He believed the players were accountable for penalties not the coaches. I think I will trust him