Isn't Mike McCarthy embarrassed by now?

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
Dan Shula once had a team that took a total of 9 offensive penalties for the entire season.

Mike McCarthy has had multiple games where his team takes nine penalties in the first half.

You could fire Mike McCarthy off the slop *** performance by his team last night - how do you have 12 men on the field in a massive game after you’ve given up 500 yards of rushing and all eyes are on you,?

This is how you come out and present yourself, the players or reflection of the coach and a ref reflection to the coaches discipline standards.

He apparently has no standards - and to let CeeDee Lamb walk around that sideline, pouting and being a center of attention like a prima donna child was sickening. Lamb’s body language is awful.

This team is a mess from the top down.

And someone needs to tell @ offensive coordinator “ Mike McCarthy to bury that CD lamb reverse play down by the goal line. Let us never have to watch that again. It has never worked ever.
while we're burying plays, lets bury the playaction bootleg pass to Jake ferguson. it works 1 out of every 10 times.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't Mike McCarthy embarrassed by now?

A National Football League head coach has been sitting in a side chair of a draft war room for multiple years. And you think he is embarrassed now all of a sudden? Because of penalties? THAT'S when the embarrassment hit him?

LMBO!

erod

Reaction score
Dan Shula once had a team that took a total of 9 offensive penalties for the entire season.

Mike McCarthy has had multiple games where his team takes nine penalties in the first half.

You could fire Mike McCarthy off the slop *** performance by his team last night - how do you have 12 men on the field in a massive game after you’ve given up 500 yards of rushing and all eyes are on you,?

This is how you come out and present yourself, the players or reflection of the coach and a ref reflection to the coaches discipline standards.

He apparently has no standards - and to let CeeDee Lamb walk around that sideline, pouting and being a center of attention like a prima donna child was sickening. Lamb’s body language is awful.

This team is a mess from the top down.

And someone needs to tell @ offensive coordinator “ Mike McCarthy to bury that CD lamb reverse play down by the goal line. Let us never have to watch that again. It has never worked ever.
Not a fair criticism.

Don Shula made more money than his players, and there was no free agency. That gave him a large degree of established power.

Star players today make a lot more money than their coaches, which gives them more power.

And Jerry always sides with his players.

lopey

Reaction score
I like Kneeland. I think can hold the fort. But Micah is a huge lose

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
embarassed?
for managing 3 12 win seasons with an owner who hires himself as the GM and makes hc's inherit staff members?
nobody else would put up with that.
the only thing he's embarassed about is the current GM.
not his fault.
Come on dude, u don’t think there’s a culture issue here? Players being undisciplined, sometimes unmotivated, unprepared? Just like the playoff game….coach needs to fix those things. Like Shannon Sharpe/Mike Shanahan said “if you aren’t teaching it, you are allowing it”. The drive killing and Giant drive extending penalties were out of control.

vlad

Reaction score
I think this is a culture thing with Jerry and Co. The Star isn't helping - feels like you've already arrive, imho.
I think even under Parcells we were penalized heavily, iirc him saying something like "I don't coach penalties"
I just asked ChatGPT for a ranking as far back as it goes - the higher the number the worse....

YearTotal PenaltiesRanking (NFL)Penalty YardsRanking (NFL)
20231213rd1,0125th
20221133rd90710th
20211411st1,1921st
20209611th84914th
20191097th1,0088th
20181146th94813th
20179711th93915th
20161117th92911th
20151126th8829th
20141163rd92012th
201310211th86714th
20121185th85311th
20111146th81613th
201010910th87312th
20091312nd1,0145th
This table captures penalties and their rankings each season(

NFL Penalty Stats Tracker
).

cowboyec

Reaction score
Come on dude, u don’t think there’s a culture issue here? Players being undisciplined, sometimes unmotivated, unprepared? Just like the playoff game….coach needs to fix those things. Like Shannon Sharpe/Mike Shanahan said “if you aren’t teaching it, you are allowing it”. The drive killing and Giant drive extending penalties were out of control.
there is...but its not mccarthy's fault.
it has been an issue long before mccarthy was here.
that culture has been firmly established by the GM.
coaches change...but the same issues remain...so does the GM.
when our owner fires our GM...that culture might then be fixable.
until then...its not.

kumizi

Reaction score
Feels like a foregone conclusion MM is getting fired and Belichek is coming in next year. I dunno why they waited a year.