Isn't odd the media is silent on Dak's assault case

CowboyChris

Reaction score
you would think the media would be talking about this 24x7 if something was serious about this sexual assault investigation, the fact there is hardly no mention of it, is odd to me.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Maybe Dak gets the benefit of the doubt because he comes across as Mr. Nice Guy, but I don't think there's enough consequences in our legal system to strike down frivolous or extortion lawsuits against obvious targets, to make people think these types of lawsuits (7 years later, ask for money so don't go to police, etc) are anything other than another gold digger attempt. Or at least wait for more details that show anything other than this. Also, with Dak coming back with his own lawsuit, it makes it further likely because anyone who is guilty would not do that. All it does is bring out more info they don't want in the public. No benefit in doing that if they did do something sketchy.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Since when does the media wait for more information? That never happens
Yeah, was going to say, media loves jumping to conclusion if it gets ratings. In this case, there just doesn't seem to be anything of substance (yet) to accuser's case.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The media knows it's bs.
30 years ago maybe. It was nowhere perfect way back when but fact-checking often kept stories on standby until more information surfaced.

Much of present day media typically promotes sensationalism. Too many 'journalists' are usually not precautious about running with a story despite lack of factual information.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Guys stop worrying, let me reach out to my sources, i'll get them to do what they do best and air nothing but the cowboys. They never talk about the Bengals or the jaguars for no apparent reason. I'll get us some TV time, they can make up or add to the story, they can belittle the cowboys and say bad things about dak, dak will want to leave and we trade him. Story is over! BRB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, was going to say, media loves jumping to conclusion if it gets ratings. In this case, there just doesn't seem to be anything of substance (yet) to accuser's case.
The media can’t jump on anything they don’t know about. They don’t know anything about this case other then what Daks team has released.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys stop worrying, let me reach out to my sources, i'll get them to do what they do best and air nothing but the cowboys. They never talk about the Bengals or the jaguars for no apparent reason. I'll get us some TV time, they can make up or add to the story, they can belittle the cowboys and say bad things about dak, dak will want to leave and we trade him. Story is over! BRB
Wait.

YOU have sources?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Since when does a story break not from the media but the athlete because he countersued? They had no idea this happened. If Dak didn’t sue we would’ve never heard of it.

With Watson his victims came out. Ray Rice the video came out.
They would. They have people who are paid to watch those court dockets and report this stuff. Just seems like it because to my knowledge, the first communication was a letter to Dak saying to pay up or it would come out in the press and courts. Dak counter-sues, they are forced to do their thing, and here we are.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The media knows it's bs.
How would the media know before the legal system? I get that you are going to go out of your way trying to protect Dak at all costs, but it's ridiculous to assume the media knows more about this case than the police or courts.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Since when does the media wait for more information? That never happens
Different types of media though. You can google it and find mass articles about it. Who isn't really covering it (or I'm yet to see) are the opinion pieces and debate shows. Those are going to be more patient on the subject with such a sensitive issue.