Isn't odd the media is silent on Dak's assault case

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think when you read the court documents and the womans attorney said "regardless of the damage this has caused, my client will forget it all for the low sum of a hundred million dollars" it leaves credibility at the door.
I have seen and heard other stories run more with far less to work with.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The media doesn't know more than the police, but the police know more than the public and often the media has sources with the police to leak to the public how the investigation is going. I expect eventually we will get some sort of off-the-record update regarding precisely that.
I was only replying to a comment made by someone else who said that the media already knew the whole thing was BS. There's no way they would know more than the authorities, even with leaks.

I would expect the media to know more than the public, they're sort of out there gathering information like an investigator would be doing. And for the record, the whole thing probably is BS, but we have to let it play out in the media.

acr731

Reaction score
I get that you're all over this complaining why it isn't more in the media since you hate Dak and want anything helpful to push him out.

No need denying it. We all see it.
Think what you want... I forget about this as soon as I log off of CZ. I never give a passing thought until I come back on and someone reminds me about it. I see a post and I say to myself "oh yeah, I forgot this was going on".

Personally, I don't give a damn if there is any truth to the woman's claim or not. It will never have any effect on me so why should I care?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Think what you want... I forget about this as soon as I log off of CZ. I never give a passing thought until I come back on and someone reminds me. "Oh yeah, I forgot this was going on".

Personally, I don't give a damn if there is any truth to the woman's claim or not. It will never have any effect on me so why should I care?
LOL. So why do you come in here and post about it if you don't care?
:laugh:

You care.

acr731

Reaction score
LOL. So why do you come in here and post about it if you don't care?
:laugh:

You care.
Because it riles up people like you who don't like people talking bad about Dak? We're also just people having conversation. Occasionally it's civil, sometimes it's not.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Jerruh controls the Dallas media.

You'll read what he wants you to read, and like it!

The media outside of Texas are more interested in the best teams, vs a team that has been playoff-irrelevant (aside fom historic chokejobs) for decades, and aren't quite as obsessed with everything Cowboys as most Dallas fans like to think they are, so no surprise there.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because it riles up people like you who don't like people talking bad about Dak? We're also just people having conversation. Occasionally it's civil, sometimes it's not.
I'm not getting upset. I'm actually laughing, hence the "LOL" comment and :laugh: emoji at the end of my previous post.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerruh controls the Dallas media.

You'll read what he wants you to read, and like it!

The media outside of Texas are more interested in the best teams, vs a team that has been playoff-irrelevant (aside fom historic chokejobs) for decades, and aren't quite as obsessed with everything Cowboys as most Dallas fans like to think they are, so no surprise there.
Yeah, riiiiight. That's why every sports media nationwide speaks about the Cowboys more on a daily basis than they do about anyone else.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok what did I say that made you respond like you did?
Hard to believe i have to explain it to you...but here goes.

You said something like (paraphrase) "media cant jump on anything they dont know about".

They do it constantly. In fact the more they dont know the harder they run with it. Come on, bruh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hard to believe i have to explain it to you...but here goes.

You said something like (paraphrase) "media cant jump on anything they dont know about".

They do it constantly. In fact the more they dont know the harder they run with it. Come on, bruh.
Ok so why do you think they haven't reported more on this?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly, the media doesn’t wait for facts if they simply want to formulate a story. Saying otherwise is disingenuous.
Yeah but the media doesn't just pull a story out of their ***. When we say media are you talking about Youtube blogs or are you talking about actual credible news outlets? News outlets don't just create a story without some type of foundation or basis for it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but the media doesn't just pull a story out of their ***. When we say media are you talking about Youtube blogs or are you talking about actual credible news outlets? News outlets don't just create a story without some type of foundation or basis for it.
But OF COURSE they do!

I posted a couple EASY examples that got flagged for review so I removed them. Not lurid, just possibly stuff we don;t talk about on the zone page.

I think you are pulling our leg now. This can't be real.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't have any opinion on the matter.

I saw it on my Yahoo feed. So not sure what your requirement might be.
No you do have an opinion on it because you felt the need to respond to my post and no one else’s…now you don’t have an opinion on the matter?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But OF COURSE they do!

I posted a couple EASY examples that got flagged for review so I removed them. Not lurid, just possibly stuff we don;t talk about on the zone page.

I think you are pulling our leg now. This can't be real.
I’m referencing the topic we are topic about now’s you know the one you said you didn’t have an opinion on? When has the media just made up a story on an athlete with no basis?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m referencing the topic we are topic about now’s you know the one you said you didn’t have an opinion on? When has the media just made up a story on an athlete with no basis?
Oh...so NOW we are talking about "media made up a story on an athlete with no bias"?

That is NOT what you said earlier. AT ALL. You said "media" earlier. If you want to be understood...say what you mean. I don't EVER want to hear "moving goal posts" from the likes of you ever again. You moved them a million miles.

Okay...I'll bite. Athletes only then, shall we?

The Duke lacrosse team got HAMMERED....before the media "journalists" did their due diligence investigating the case and waiting for the true facts to come out.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'd think the media would be talking about this 24x7 even if it wasnt something serious just because it's Cowboy related. IMO the media is waiting for details to come out.
FACTUAL details? They will be waiting a long time for that.