It’s all setting up perfect

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I have to give the Jones’s credit that they didn’t resign Dak yet. Wether that be on purpose or just dumb luck that Dak didnt sign his deal at this point doesn’t matter. I have zero problem saying that if we don’t win this division then Dak is 100% not the answer. I don’t even care that we have the worst defense and he doesn’t have an offensive line cause Romo went through the same **** for years and still got the job done with no head coach.
Now Dak has a “real” HC finally (I’m not sold on that and never was) but at least they can’t use that excuse. Our division is so bad that no matter what even if we lose our top 2 receivers and Zeke on top of everything else going wrong this guy needs to step up and lead this team.
He needs to stop turning the ball over To help out this defense. Once he does that this defense will start making plays to help out his offense but he can’t keep putting them in position to fail. They need to get back to running the ball and ball control offense and take your shots down field on playaction.
Bottom line of my rant is its all setting up perfect to see if Dak is real or fools gold and the bottom line is he’s gotta win. I don’t care if he throws for 5500 meaningless yards he’s gotta win.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have to give the Jones’s credit that they didn’t resign Dak yet. Wether that be on purpose or just dumb luck that Dak didnt sign his deal at this point doesn’t matter. I have zero problem saying that if we don’t win this division then Dak is 100% not the answer. I don’t even care that we have the worst defense and he doesn’t have an offensive line cause Romo went through the same **** for years and still got the job done with no head coach.
Now Dak has a “real” HC finally (I’m not sold on that and never was) but at least they can’t use that excuse. Our division is so bad that no matter what even if we lose our top 2 receivers and Zeke on top of everything else going wrong this guy needs to step up and lead this team.
He needs to stop turning the ball over To help out this defense. Once he does that this defense will start making plays to help out his offense but he can’t keep putting them in position to fail. They need to get back to running the ball and ball control offense and take your shots down field on playaction.
Bottom line of my rant is its all setting up perfect to see if Dak is real or fools gold and the bottom line is he’s gotta win. I don’t care if he throws for 5500 meaningless yards he’s gotta win.
Bottom line is that it doesnt take too much of a hero to win this turnstile of a division.
You are correct, if you cant lead a team in this division, despite your teams shortcomings, than your really not worth building a franchise around.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. Looking back getting dak around that 35MM point is probably a win either way based on other qb contracts, but thats also a simplistic way of looking at it. I think dak is a damn good qb, just not sure if he is a top 10 guy who can go really far with a good team or a top 5 guy who can carry a mediocre team to the postseason year over year.

If he's the former im not sure the huge investment at qb while you need to address DT, S, multiple o line spots, CB, DE, and possibly LB, TE this offseason is the smartest move. It may be to blow the whole thing up.

If dak can overcome this teams shortcomings, prove that he is that elite level qb it doesn't matter what you have to pay him, because that true elite qb is invaluable.

Flamma

Reaction score

I'm not sure what is set up perfect here? If Dallas goes 3-13 and has a high draft pick, sure. But just to do poorly enough to lose our quarterback is not ideal. Don't get me wrong. I'd rather see some other team pay Dak what he's asking for, but we do need a replacement. Going 7-9 and losing the division and our quarterback is anything but perfect. I could see it happening too. Our injury riddled defense starts getting its players back and Dallas starts winning games. Right now I think Dallas will go anywhere from 3 to 8 wins. Nothing north of 8, and because of our division, nothing south of 3 wins.

ondaedg

Reaction score

Another anti-Dan Marino thread. Yay.

aria

Reaction score
So Dak can put up 99 points a game but if the defense gives up 100 then Dak isn’t the answer? Got it.

I guess it would be ok if Dak sucked, had horrible numbers but the defense was great and won the games for us?

I guess Dak needs to apply for the DC job according to some haters that way he could lead from the sidelines when he’s not throwing the ball.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So Dak can put up 99 points a game but if the defense gives up 100 then Dak isn’t the answer? Got it.

I guess it would be ok if Dak sucked, had horrible numbers but the defense was great and won the games for us?

I guess Dak needs to apply for the DC job according to some haters that way he could lead from the sidelines when he’s not throwing the ball.

I think the answer is no, he isn't. Let him go elsewhere and have a chance at that point. I think the point is that if this really is a 5-6 win team dak does us no good. We can lose 10+ games with or without him. Too many need at that point for a quick rebuild. Peraonally I would blow it all up at that point. Yeah we would be the jaguars for a couple years, but its better than the false hope and heartbreak of the past couple years. Not daks fault, but he's literally on pace to throw for record yardage and still win just 4 games.

Section446

Reaction score
He's a huge part of the reason why we keep falling so far behind early in games, zero point in paying a guy like that.

aria

Reaction score
I think the answer is no, he isn't. Let him go elsewhere and have a chance at that point. I think the point is that if this really is a 5-6 win team dak does us no good. We can lose 10+ games with or without him. Too many need at that point for a quick rebuild. Peraonally I would blow it all up at that point. Yeah we would be the jaguars for a couple years, but its better than the false hope and heartbreak of the past couple years. Not daks fault, but he's literally on pace to throw for record yardage and still win just 4 games.
Ahhhhh....I see your point, yeah, that’s not how I interpreted it but interesting take. Hmmmmmm...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Romo went through the same **** for years and still got the job done

Bro I am not Pro or Anti Dak or Romo. I am all Pro Cowboys, so this question I have has no agenda. Please, please, please explain to me what job did Romo get done? I’ll wait.....

He needs to stop turning the ball over To help out this defense.

Again I have no agenda but I ask another question. So you don’t remember Romo’s consistent interceptions at crucial times?

CWR

Reaction score

My memory isn't great, but I cant recall Romo leading us to any division titles when we had both a porous offensive line and a historically bad defense. 2014 the defense was a year removed from being historically bad, however our oline was phenomenal and allowed us to dominate TOP and keep the weaker defense off the field. I agree that Dak needs to win this division though. If we can't pull it together and win a terrible division is it possible the Jones boys look at the return on investment and go a radically different direction? Given our past and JJs eternal optimism I dont think he will do so. I think he will concentrate on the defensive rebuild and add talent, BUT he still believes we are "close."

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys will not win the division if the defense continues its woeful performance. Dak will put up big stats on his way to a huge deal that is going to make Jerry wish he had given him the last rumored proposal of 5 years and no franchise tag.

CWR

Reaction score

You're asking JJ to admit defeat and accept responsibility. I dont see it happening. Regardless of where we end up this season I expect he believes this is a superbowl caliber offense, and we simply needs a couple tweaks on the defensive side to make a run. To clarify Im not saying that, I just believe that is Jerry's perception based on his track record.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What’s your answer at QB?

Do you fee confident we can get someone better? Give me a probable and reasonable plan and I’ll listen.

Would you say Dak is a top 10 guy? Top 15? Is that likely duplicable?

pete026

Reaction score
Now Dak has a “real” HC finally (I’m not sold on that and never was) but at least they can’t use that excuse.
Please explain this sentence because at "face value" it doesn’t seem to support your argument.
You: "McCarthy isn't a real HC so the Dak supporters can't use coaching as an excuse". Hmmmmmm????

Beaker42

Reaction score
Bottom line is that it doesnt take too much of a hero to win this turnstile of a division.
You are correct, if you cant lead a team in this division, despite your teams shortcomings, than your really not worth building a franchise around.
I’m 50/50 on keeping Dak but you guys kill me ...... he’s scored more than enough points to be 3-1.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m 50/50 on keeping Dak but you guys kill me ...... he’s scored more than enough points to be 3-1.
of course he did.
Its like going to the batting cage, when the ball is being delivered right over the plate for you, every time.
I want to see Dak win a game, not put up junk stats when opposing D is allowing Dak to drive and score at will, just to take time off the clock.
You guys kill me, because your only reading the end of game stats, and not understanding game progression.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No matter how we feel about Dak, this team needs to play balls to the wall and support each other on the field. Dak will be Dak -- we all should know what to expect from him by now. He may not be perfect but he's ours 'til he's not. To me, he's a good QB who needs the defense to back him up.

Let's face it -- the Dallas defense needs to play like they care for a change and if they're willing to, Dak and team should come out of it being a winner. Come what may, let's just try to enjoy a game that should be a win for the Cowboys. If not, the drama continues.
I'm stubbornly planning on enjoying it, either way. Go, Cowboys!:thumbup:

Last edited: