Twitter: It’s De “no longer Sam” Williams

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It's been his nickname since he was a kid (more of a kid than he is now) and it's what he likes to be called. It's not like he's telling people to call him Dr. Doom or something.
My wife calls me the greatest guy ever. We have been married 25 years. I like it a lot. I wouldn’t ask other people to call me that though.

817Gill

Reaction score
My wife calls me the greatest guy ever. We have been married 25 years. I like it a lot. I wouldn’t ask other people to call me that though.
Yeah but “the greatest guy ever” isn’t the shortened version of your middle name lol.

Plus, there are plenty of Dee’s in professional sports. It’s not like he’s asking to be called something that isn’t even a name. The spelling is weird but it’s just a matter of how his middle name is spelled.

It’s more like if your wife and family called you “Jerry” instead of “Why” and you wanted the public to do the same.

Since when is it unreasonable for someone to want to be called a preferred real name?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yeah but “the greatest guy ever” isn’t the shortened version of your middle name lol.

Plus, there are plenty of Dee’s in professional sports. It’s not like he’s asking to be called something that isn’t even a name. The spelling is weird but it’s just a matter of how his middle name is spelled.

It’s more like if your wife and family called you “Jerry” instead of “Why” and you wanted the public to do the same.

Since when is it unreasonable for someone to want to be called a preferred real name?
Has everyone lost their sense of humor? I know it’s been a bad off season but jeez.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Damn! Another KanYE???

Kanye: "From now on, I want to be called, "Ye!""

Sam Degarrick Williams: "From now on, I want to be called, "De!""

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Maybe he did. Maybe the school insisted that he be addressed by his first name, not his middle name. Maybe he just got used to people in authoritative positions calling him by his first name, and was shy about correcting them. Whatever the case, it shouldn't be such a big deal to call him what his family and friends call him. We do it with CeeDee, so how is this different?
When did CeeDee meet with the press and ask them to call him by a different name? I don't remember seeing anything the day after he was drafted..........

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When did CeeDee meet with the press and ask them to call him by a different name? I don't remember seeing anything the day after he was drafted..........
He didn't call for a meeting, just as De didn't call for a meeting. The two events didn't happen the same way, but the results were the same. As soon as CeeDee was drafted we were told what his preferred name and spelling of the name was.