It’s early but this offseason has been a drag

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's exactly what I said. Are you happy with mediocrity? Are you happy making the playoffs, win a home game and get totally embarrassed a week later? Are you happy going to the divisional round at home losing? In the last 4-5 years, how many teams with a bye have lost...I'd be fine with 0-16 if it meant the Jones were embarrassed into running this team like a team. What does it take for some to realize this team is a joke. They are going to hand a low character guy, without an NFL arm, no pocket awareness, no vision 28 million to be the face of the franchise? Then you got Dlaw and him pouting over his lack of long term contract...go get your shoulder fixed and we'll talk, they can trade him as far I'm concerned...he'll just be another overpaid low-performance player, what team doesn't look for a safety when you have Heath on your team...guaranteed if RM and JG said we need a big bodied DT and a better safety...the Jones go and get it.
Losing never never fixes anything. The atmosphere in the locker room would be devastating. No I don't like mediocracy. But a 8-8 is actually the new great. How many teams go to the Super Bowl, and don't even make the playoffs The Following season. At least we were consistent. In the last three seasons with the youngest starting team in the league, third-youngest overall. The sky is the limit. You just summed up your entire life let's lose so we can get better. LMAO

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's exactly what I said. Are you happy with mediocrity? Are you happy making the playoffs, win a home game and get totally embarrassed a week later? Are you happy going to the divisional round at home losing? In the last 4-5 years, how many teams with a bye have lost...I'd be fine with 0-16 if it meant the Jones were embarrassed into running this team like a team. What does it take for some to realize this team is a joke. They are going to hand a low character guy, without an NFL arm, no pocket awareness, no vision 28 million to be the face of the franchise? Then you got Dlaw and him pouting over his lack of long term contract...go get your shoulder fixed and we'll talk, they can trade him as far I'm concerned...he'll just be another overpaid low-performance player, what team doesn't look for a safety when you have Heath on your team...guaranteed if RM and JG said we need a big bodied DT and a better safety...the Jones go and get it.
The only joke is the fans. That don't realize that we turn the page. And this is not the same old Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak Prescott it's his character alone that keeps the camaraderie going in this locker room. He was 24 years old at the beginning of last season. He's learning on-the-job training and he just gets better every single game. Come for the ride you might like it

lukin2006

Reaction score
Losing never never fixes anything. The atmosphere in the locker room would be devastating. No I don't like mediocracy. But a 10-8 is actually the new great. How many teams go to the Super Bowl, and don't even make the playoffs The Following season. At least we were consistent. In the last three seasons with the youngest starting team in the league, third-youngest overall. The sky is the limit. You just summed up your entire life let's lose so we can get better. LMAO

All being mediocre has done has given Jones an excuse to not FIRE the worst staff in football...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dak Prescott it's his character alone that keeps the camaraderie going in this locker room. He was 24 years old at the beginning of last season. He's learning on-the-job training and he just gets better every single game. Come for the ride you might like it

Any man who allows his dog to bite a person 3 times and puts that dog at risk of being put down has no character...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And as far as Demarcus Lawrence is concerned I would trade him after we re-sign him we still own his rights. Everyone wants to mimic the great big Belichick . but they don't want to do the Dirty Work. I've Been a Cowboy fan before Rodger Staubach was quarterback. There's a reason why we're called America's Team. Blame Jerry's loyalty the past 20 years. . Thank God William McLea's here now, we never should have paid Dez Bryant that . Third-down dropping football machine. I wonder if you are one of the ones that wanted to pay him. LMAO. Who was the quarterback running the team for part of those 20 years. Make no mistake about it this is not the same old Cowboys

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It’s clear that the cap space is not going to be used except for a few dollars on JAGS. Can’t get too excited over the draft with no first rounder and picking in the bottom of each round. Garrett is still in place and they hired a first time 30 year old OC. Witten is back so that’s good. Cleveland and the NYJ are clearly looking to become relevant again. In Dallas 10-6 is perfect. No need to improve.

10-6 might be a stretch, the way we are going this offseason.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're going to lecture me about this team. I don't think so

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any man who allows his dog to bite a person 3 times and puts that dog at risk of being put down has no character...
Are you this ignorant truly. A dog in the same sentence as football. Get your priorities straight. Remember the dog killer. They let him play didn't they. This isn't even close to that.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All being mediocre has done has given Jones an excuse to not FIRE the worst staff in football...
I don't have a problem with Jason Garrett. Have you seen the big-time coaches the last three seasons in the playoffs most of them suck and made huge mistakes. Look what happened to the Saints. LMAO and you're going to complain about this coaching staff. Yes we need innovation on offense play calling. Well that coach was fired so where's your argument

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The front office needs to understand needs to find a middle ground - you don't have to be extremely aggressive or ultra conservative. There is a middle ground - know when to make an aggressive move and know when to get out.

When I make a list of FA's I'm interested in, it's never that I want ALL of them - but dang, one or two would be nice. I see no reason we couldn't have used this free agency to get a good safety and DT. Heck, just one of them would have made me happy.

This whole "wait until the first tier guys are gone and we'll see what's left" is such a stupid way to run a team. It makes it worse that we don't have a first - so good luck hitting on the second and third rounders to fill the needs for 2019.

I seriously question the logic of giving up a first rounder and soon giving a big contract to a WR with a spotty history but not spending big on the defensive side of the ball.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes you the judge of content? Don’t like it, move on. Losers like you just love the internet. You get to take shots at people and act as if you are smarter and above it all. You’re not. Your mommy may have told you that you are the best and brightest. You’re not. Don’t like the thread, move on.
People are so freaking selfish. I'm new here I haven't seen this thread before. And I enjoyed posting on it doesn't mean I agree with everything but that's what opinions are about. Keep posting whatever you like go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish free agency came after the draft. But with the collective bargaining agreement they would never allow that to happen it. I want a team of football players. Guys like Jeff heat Bill Bates. You can keep your money players like Ratcliff. Is a reason why the Patriots have been great so long. They don't mind doing the Dirty Work. Releasing the player getting full value before the player turns on them. That's the business but no one wants to do the dirty work again. High price leftover free agents there's a reason why they're on the board. Nope give me a name and nobody's that want to make a name for themselves

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The front office needs to understand needs to find a middle ground - you don't have to be extremely aggressive or ultra conservative. There is a middle ground - know when to make an aggressive move and know when to get out.

When I make a list of FA's I'm interested in, it's never that I want ALL of them - but dang, one or two would be nice. I see no reason we couldn't have used this free agency to get a good safety and DT. Heck, just one of them would have made me happy.

This whole "wait until the first tier guys are gone and we'll see what's left" is such a stupid way to run a team. It makes it worse that we don't have a first - so good luck hitting on the second and third rounders to fill the needs for 2019.

I seriously question the logic of giving up a first rounder and soon giving a big contract to a WR with a spotty history but not spending big on the defensive side of the ball.
I don't totally agree with everything here but it was a well thought-out post

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

With William McClay we have been hitting those late-round draft picks like never before. I don't mind having the youngest starting team in the league like last season. These guys want to make a name for themselves. We never quit. Yes we didn't show against the Colts but that wasn't quitting. There's a difference between not showing and quitting. Go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, because every team that wins the Super Bowl blows their load in free agency the year they win. Oh wait, usually they win the Super Bowl with rising players and then have trouble paying them because they won a Super Bowl.

Look at the Eagles, for the most part they were homegrown when they won the Super Bowl....now they are having to cut guys or let them walk. It is a vicious cycle. Some teams spend a ton in free agency because they aren't very good. Others think they can get the missing link. Often times it isn't the big time free agents that make the difference.

I hate inactivity and I do think this team could be a few pieces away from making a real run, but panicking before the actual start of free agency and criticizing every move they make or don't make gets tiresome.
You notice how many teams win the Super Bowl. And then don't even make the playoffs The Following season. Do I want to be on top win that ring and then suck. No I think I'd rather be consistently good like we have been. constantly fighting for that ring. I believe we can win every single game we play. I like being the youngest starting team in the league like last season

kevm3

Reaction score
The front office keeps sapping away what little excitement remains on this team.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The front office keeps sapping away what little excitement remains on this team.
youngest starting team in the league last season. I find every game we play exciting. These young kids give it all they want to win. I'd rather have Bill Bates Jeff heat tight players any day of the week. You can keep your money Players. Football players that's why the Patriots have been winning as long as they have. But no one wants to do the Dirty Work

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You notice how many teams win the Super Bowl. And then don't even make the playoffs The Following season. Do I want to be on top win that ring and then suck. No I think I'd rather be consistently good like we have been. constantly fighting for that ring. I believe we can win every single game we play. I like being the youngest starting team in the league like last season

I have to say they are testing the faith a bit when on the busiest free agency days they sign a never heard of project TE (after resigning Witten, which pretty much makes no sense) and then overpay Olawale today and give him a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money for someone that barely got used a year ago and I am sure wasn't inundated with offers. Use that guaranteed money to up the offer to Lawrence. Get him signed! Or find a trade partner. It makes no sense to pay him the franchise tag.