It’s really down to two

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Jeff and Voch are ok but it’s almost like they try to go outside the consensus for attention. Having Parsons at 4 is a joke.
Parsons the #4 linebacker is comical. The character concerns about Parsons may be real, but those guys are not better players.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Boards are usually put together after the combine.
As of right this moment I think the Cowboys should draft Surtain 1st, defensive tackle/pass rusher 2nd, safety/nickel cornerback 3rd, and 3rd comp 1 tech. I would sleep pretty well knowing our defense would improve with some free agents of course. I don’t think we need to trade down.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As of right this moment I think the Cowboys should draft Surtain 1st, defensive tackle/pass rusher 2nd, safety/nickel cornerback 3rd, and 3rd comp 1 tech. I would sleep pretty well knowing our defense would improve with some free agents of course. I don’t think we need to trade down.

We got to be realistic, rebuilding the defense cannot happen in one draft/one off-season. Next yr, if we can move from the 32nd to the early 20's or late teens would be a great accomplishment.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We got to be realistic, rebuilding the defense cannot happen in one draft/one off-season. Next yr, if we can move from the 32nd to the early 20's or late teens would be a great accomplishment.
Not really. The Giants defense was awful in 2019 top 10 defense in 2020. They used free agency to improve their defense. We have four big building blocks. DLaw and Gregory off the edge. Diggs and Wilson in the secondary. Better situation then the 2019 Giants defense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not really. The Giants defense was awful in 2019 top 10 defense in 2020. They used free agency to improve their defense. We have four big building blocks. DLaw and Gregory off the edge. Diggs and Wilson in the secondary. Better situation then the 2019 Giants defense.
We don't have the cap funds to go out and buy players like the Giants did. Think we can improve if we make the right picks, but probably would need another off-season to complete the job.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We don't have the cap funds to go out and buy players like the Giants did. Think we can improve if we make the right picks, but probably would need another off-season to complete the job.
Surtain can be as good as the Carolina cornerback that the Giants got. Their linebackers are not that great. We could be top 20 and be top 5 in turnovers. We would win the East. Teams turnover fast.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Parsons the #4 linebacker is comical. The character concerns about Parsons may be real, but those guys are not better players.

I think they make a pretty good point about Parsons. He doesn't show instincts particularly in coverage and after watching Smith run around with great size and athleticism but zero instincts I can understand why they are not high on Parsons.

kskboys

Reaction score
They mostly used the draft and trades.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Surtain can be as good as the Carolina cornerback that the Giants got. Their linebackers are not that great. We could be top 20 and be top 5 in turnovers. We would win the East. Teams turnover fast.
Just saying we should adjust your expectations

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If were going to turn it around next year surtain isnt a good start.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They mostly used the draft and trades.
We could do the same we have 4 important players for Quinn’s defense. You draft Surtain 1st, pass rusher/defensive tackle in the 2nd round, safety 3rd round, and 1 tech comp plus free agency we will be fine. I don’t think LVE and Jaylon are as bad as they looked last season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If were going to turn it around next year surtain isnt a good start.
He fits the 4/3 defense that Quinn plays. Best press corner by far in the draft. Don’t get caught up with speed. I am more concerned with his wiggle but he is as fast as Sherman.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He fits the 4/3 defense that Quinn plays. Best press corner by far in the draft. Don’t get caught up with speed. I am more concerned with his wiggle but he is as fast as Sherman.
Hes the best in press, thats great but how much press did Sherman and browner play? Which is my point. Why draft dude in round 1 to play bail cover 3?

visionary

Reaction score

yes we can

All we have to do is

1. pick intelligent players and hard nosed football players on defense. No glitz and prima Donna ‘brand’ players

2. Pay for 2 top end defensive starters in FA who are not CB

3. not take Surtain or Farley at 10 but trade down . This should give us at least 4-5 picks in top 100

4. take LB, DT, FS and big CB in the first 4 picks depending on value and depending on who we got in FA

Presto
Very competitive defense can be built in one off season

Cowboyny

Reaction score
yes we can

All we have to do is

1. pick intelligent players and hard nosed football players on defense. No glitz and prima Donna ‘brand’ players

2. Pay for 2 top end defensive starters in FA who are not CB

3. not take Surtain or Farley at 10 but trade down . This should give us at least 4-5 picks in top 100

4. take LB, DT, FS and big CB in the first 4 picks depending on value and depending on who we got in FA

Presto
Very competitive defense can be built in one off season

Your assuming every pick they hit on and they all make an immediate impact yr 1.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hes the best in press, thats great but how much press did Sherman and browner play? Which is my point. Why draft dude in round 1 to play bail cover 3?

They are more zone corners, press at the line and then run to their deep zone.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not very pick but I think it can be done if we’re smart (which we’re not)
Very hard to find year 1 impact players, typically after the first two rounds. You can try accumulate as many picks in the top 60, but not many teams are trading up for non QB's at pick # 10.