CFZ It’s Time to Make a Statement

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I would say the Cowboys are potentially solid at O and D, and ST could go either way. I'm cautiously optimistic on all three phases but with the changes on O and with the D still having something to prove is hard to say. If the D does play up to the increased expectations, that will go along way towards taking the pressure off the O, especially the passing game. I'm more optimistic this season than I've been in quite some time.

While it would be great to put the smackdown on the Bucs, and it could very well happen, these early season games aren't a great barometer. Both of these teams will look different come crunch time. I will feel the same after the game as I do now, regardless of which way it goes. Assuming good health, I don't think we are going to see the best version of this young team in week 1.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The so called GOAT has a fight upon himself w/Dallas's GOAT, Parsons! The younger GOAT will win this game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Here's my goto:

Opening game, 2003: BUFF 31 NE 0

Pats won the super bowl that year.

Oh, and BTW, last game of that season: NE 31 BUFF 0.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few corrections:

They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020.
They were 14th in yards and 17th in points in 2020, not sure what that was confused with

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed
Dallas was 19th in yards allowed last year; maybe you had it listed as 14th from the bottom

The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion
Since Deion, you did also have Adam Jones for a season; Pac-Man is widely considered one of the best punt returners of the last 20 years.

Dwayne Harris as well was an excellent returner. He holds the cowboys career record for yards per return on kickoffs, and his 11 yards per return on punts in second in team history.

You sound scared. :muttley:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Bucs are favored on a away game. TB12 is the GOAT. Mike Evan is a future HOF’er. Vita Vea. Zoner’s aren’t giving the Cowboys a chance in hell.

But…..

IMO the Cowboys locker room is as tight as a gnat’s ***. And if you’ve played team sports you know how important a factor that is. Team chemistry is a huge part of any team’s winning season. By all evidence, the Cowboys have that.

The Bucs have a great offense led by TB#12.

They have a great defense led by Vita Vea and others.

The Cowboys have a great offense led by Dak. They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020. That just doesn’t happen because of players.

I understand the feeling that the WR is a position of weakness. They lost Cooper to FA and Gallup to injury. Their FA signing of Washington is injured. Until Gallup gets back and until they sign Beasley, fans are crapping all over the wide receiver corps. Before they’ve ever seen them play. Moore is a smart guy who comes from a long lineage of NFL experts. I haven’t given up on him and think he can play, early on, to the Cowboys offensive strengths. It’s the year that Moore either puts up or shuts up.

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed. That’s no cutting it. Middle of the road. But now they have a 2nd year Parsons and a proved veteran in Barr, They also have the rookie Williams , and one of the best CB’s in Diggs, and an improved Bohanna, and an improved Trystin Hill and an improved secondary.

As for the Special Teams, we now have Turpin-time. The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion. Anger is a Pro Bowler. Question mark, and a big one, is Maher. Can he perform like he did early in his career.

So IMHO, the Cowboys are solid in 2 of the 3 phases with special teams being the big question mark. And that’s a huge question mark. If Maher performs well, then this team can go all they way.
Hey Congrats on a nice post Rockster.

12+88=7

Reaction score
A few corrections:

They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020.
They were 14th in yards and 17th in points in 2020, not sure what that was confused with

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed
Dallas was 19th in yards allowed last year; maybe you had it listed as 14th from the bottom

The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion
Since Deion, you did also have Adam Jones for a season; Pac-Man is widely considered one of the best punt returners of the last 20 years.

Dwayne Harris as well was an excellent returner. He holds the cowboys career record for yards per return on kickoffs, and his 11 yards per return on punts in second in team history.

I thought the same thing, what about Dwayne Harris.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
It’s Time to Make a Statement

I will be cracking open a bottle of Captain Morgan on Sunday night....bottoms up!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ok
My statement is

Jerry Jones sucks

Now hopefully Dak takes the next step and takes this team to at least the NFC championship ...... Anything else would be another disappointing season.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bucs are favored on a away game. TB12 is the GOAT. Mike Evan is a future HOF’er. Vita Vea. Zoner’s aren’t giving the Cowboys a chance in hell.

But…..

IMO the Cowboys locker room is as tight as a gnat’s ***. And if you’ve played team sports you know how important a factor that is. Team chemistry is a huge part of any team’s winning season. By all evidence, the Cowboys have that.

The Cowboys have a great offense led by Dak. They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020. That just doesn’t happen because of players.

I understand the feeling that the WR is a position of weakness. They lost Cooper to FA and Gallup to injury. Their FA signing of Washington is injured. Until Gallup gets back and until they sign Beasley, fans are crapping all over the wide receiver corps. Before they’ve ever seen them play. Moore is a smart guy who comes from a long lineage of NFL experts. I haven’t given up on him and think he can play, early on, to the Cowboys offensive strengths. It’s the year that Moore either puts up or shuts up.

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed. That’s no cutting it. Middle of the road. But now they have a 2nd year Parsons and a proved veteran in Barr, They also have the rookie Williams , and one of the best CB’s in Diggs, and an improved Bohanna, and an improved Trystin Hill and an improved secondary.

As for the Special Teams, we now have Turpin-time. The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion. Anger is a Pro Bowler. Question mark, and a big one, is Maher. Can he perform like he did early in his career.

So IMHO, the Cowboys are solid in 2 of the 3 phases with special teams being the big question mark. And that’s a huge question mark. If Maher performs well, then this team can go all they way.
Not particularly worried about the receivers.

foofighters

Reaction score
Dallas can't beat a playoff caliber team. I wish they could but the soft and entitled culture says different.
I agree. People here conveniently forget that we had one of the easiest schedules last year. I shouldn't be surprised. Every year, a bunch of fans drink up the JJ kool-aid.

Brax

Reaction score

But…..

Let’s wait till mid season before crowning them. They where 6th in points allowed on D and the #1 O under that bum Moore and a HC that made blunder after blunder and how did that workout? As for toast Diggs let wait on him before anointing him. Can the Cowboys beat TB with their injuries, sure but I for one will wait until they have played 11 games or so. Maybe score TD’s in the RZ so you don’t have to kick FGs.