It all boils back to us not being able to run the ball

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's pretty funny, you are actually saying Dak is elite without saying Dak is elite.
Dak is very good. Top 5. Problem is he had no run game and WRs not getting open. Oline sucked as well. Had him sacked 4 times. Why are you surprised with the end result? Your heart can't handle the results and why?

GINeric

Reaction score
Lol-only three other teams got to 12 wins. Great point. Wins are a QB stat when it fits a narrative.
Again.... but did those three other teams get to 12 wins WITH a one dimensional offense like ours lacking a running game all year?

Just answer that one question and tell me who.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Dak almost single handedly gave the packers 14 points in the 1st half. And Pollard was actually finding success in the run game I thought.

The defense was the biggest issue today. They didn't even show up. It needs a complete overhaul in the off-season.

Dak played about as bad as you can in the first half, and he had excellent protection. He didn't get going until the game was already over, something he has had a knack for in the past.
Do a Herschel Walker type of trade using Micah and rebuild.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm telling you.... some of these idiots here are dumb as a bag of rocks. We've already said Dak played bad today and he isn't elite, etc... and you still have these idiots trying to flip our words around to fit their lil narratives when we've obviously made ourselves clear.

Where the hell do those lil guys come from?
Fragile little boys.

If we ever get invaded by another country, I definitely would not want any of them walking beside me, much less behind me. Bunch of Benedict Arnolds.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Inability to run and stop it. Big issue that still presents itself is our inability to disrupt the A gap on defense.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The funny thing is, when Schottenheimer was in Seattle, that was one thing they did pretty well was run the rock. So, I have no idea what he is doing on the sideline or doing here?

Blitzen

Reaction score
Again.... but did those three other teams get to 12 wins WITH a one dimensional offense like ours lacking a running game all year?

Just answer that one question and tell me who.
I thought I already conceded that none of the other whole three teams that reached 12 wins had as poor a rushing offense as the Cowboys.

If that was your only point, then it was just a narrow point. It says the Cowboys were one of the few teams that got to twelve wins this season. Dak played extremely well against the worst defenses. Other playoff teams with top 5-10ish QB’s had similar rushing production. Two of the QB’s I mentioned already surpassed what our QB could produce in the playoffs (but more importantly played waaaaay better during their playoff game start to finish). Jordan had to make several difficult throws with pressure in his face or while getting hit. It was not just Aaron Jones doing the damage-more importantly it was Love covering big plays (especially on third downs).

starman22

Reaction score
Dak is very good. Top 5. Problem is he had no run game and WRs not getting open. Oline sucked as well. Had him sacked 4 times. Why are you surprised with the end result? Your heart can't handle the results and why?
What about the throws that he did miss? The ones he didn't throw? The ints that were dropped? Holding the ball and taking a sack that took us out of fg range? He was rolling out when they sacked him, he should have seen them coming and got rid of it.The running game was fairly effective today.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The run game stinking up the joint was a major problem. Dak started struggling and we had nothing to lean on. Without a run game we had to keep going back to Dak and it just snowballed the problems. We need to get back to having a run game and not relying on an unreliable QB. The next coach has to make that their number 1 priority.
Yes Tony offers nothing at all

starman22

Reaction score
Dak is far from elite. Please don't lie or twist up words. I said what I mean and I meant what I said. Is that clear enough for you or would you lime to request a tutor....
I don't need a tutor, you just said in your post that only Mahomes would be better than Dak in this situation. Sorry if I misunderstood your intent, but it's just how I interpreted what you said.

starman22

Reaction score
No run game. WRs not getting open. Constantly under pressure. Sacked 4 times. Dak forced to try to make something happen. A Defense that absolutely sucks both against the run and pass. I'm not surprised with the end result.
Dak is paid to make things happen. He didn't tonight until 0:00 left in the first half. He actually made more points against our score than for our score.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What about the throws that he did miss? The ones he didn't throw? The ints that were dropped? Holding the ball and taking a sack that took us out of fg range? He was rolling out when they sacked him, he should have seen them coming and got rid of it.The running game was fairly effective today.
The running game was fairly effective? Really??? Let's see...

Pollard: 15 carries - 56 yards - 3.7 avg.
Dowdle: 2 carries - 11 yards

Total RB rushing yards: 67 yards

How in the Hell is that effective??? Seriously? Do you like lying? Is it easy to lie? How do you do it?

I can't lie. It eats me up. Goes against my beliefs, my morals and how I was raised.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dak carried the offense all season.

Ultimately the lack of a run game put entirely too much pressure on Dak and the passing game

It made the offense easier to defend

Teams RARELY loaded the box to stop the run like they did in 2016-2020 and were able to drop back a guy or two in pass protection OR blitz the QB.

Anyone that thinks Dak sucks wasn't paying attention to the things he had to do, the passes he had to make, in order to move the offense.

But Dak couldn't do it all on his own: Lack of a run game and sometimes crap playcalling (especially in the RedZone) doomed the offense..

GINeric

Reaction score
I don't need a tutor, you just said in your post that only Mahomes would be better than Dak in this situation. Sorry if I misunderstood your intent, but it's just how I interpreted what you said.

I said Mahomes is the only quarterback that I can think of that could succeed (in or out of the playoffs) without a running game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The run game stinking up the joint was a major problem. Dak started struggling and we had nothing to lean on. Without a run game we had to keep going back to Dak and it just snowballed the problems. We need to get back to having a run game and not relying on an unreliable QB. The next coach has to make that their number 1 priority.
And stopping the run.

The GB offense went through Dallas defense like hot knife through butter. We didn't generate any pressure and that's what they pride the serves at. This defense was smoke and mirrors