It all boils back to us not being able to run the ball

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha! It all boils down to not being able to take a punch. We give up an 8 minute TD drive to start the game and that’s all it took to knock this team off its game.

visionary

Reaction score
The title of this thread is literally “it all boils down to”

What on earth do you mean hahaha. That’s what I’m responding to
My bad, i thought i was talking to someone halfway intelligent

dcstar

Reaction score
Its called a game plan...its called the desire to win.

Green Bay had both

Green Bay ate the Cowboys lunch from start to finish.

No excuses

Go Cowboys!

ICP

Reaction score
Sorry, there were more issues than the run game today

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
The power that Jones runs for them compared to the little that Pollard does for us, is unbelievable we do not have a running game to compete in this league.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The run game stinking up the joint was a major problem. Dak started struggling and we had nothing to lean on. Without a run game we had to keep going back to Dak and it just snowballed the problems. We need to get back to having a run game and not relying on an unreliable QB. The next coach has to make that their number 1 priority.
Next coach?
Do you have inside information?

GINeric

Reaction score
Jordan Love, CJ Stroud, Matthew Stafford. All similar rushing numbers or worse. They didn’t get 12 wins, but there are few teams that did, lol. They are playoff teams though

They don't have running games? That's amazing because the Packers, Rams, and Texans have seemed to be running the ball just fine, last I checked.

Oh but they didn't have 12 wins? I guess what I was saying is Dak got to 12 wins without a running game. He's not elite but he definitely helped carry us into the playoffs with a one dimensional offense.

starman22

Reaction score
You could have placed any QB behind center today, he would have failed with no run game and our WRs not getting open. Period. End of story/discussion.
Good to see some things never change. AC having to defend the indefensible. Can you really never just say that Dak sucked in this game?

starman22

Reaction score
Dak definitely struggled, hands down. But that says alot anytime a quarterback could make 2nd team All Pro without a running game all year.

Dak isn't elite, but we wouldn't have even been in the playoffs without him. How many good, great OR elite quarterbacks can succeed without a running game?

Mahomes is the only one I could think of.
That's pretty funny, you are actually saying Dak is elite without saying Dak is elite.

Blitzen

Reaction score
They don't have running games? That's amazing because the Packers, Rams, and Texans have seemed to be running the ball just fine, last I checked.

Oh but they didn't have 12 wins? I guess what I was saying is Dak got to 12 wins without a running game. He's not elite but he definitely helped carry us into the playoffs with a one dimensional offense.
Their teams have similar or worse rushing numbers for the season. So they are just as one dimensional according to your definition. He played well against the worst defenses and pretty meh to terrible against better ones.

GINeric

Reaction score
Their teams have similar or worse rushing numbers for the season. So they are just as one dimensional according to your definition. He played well against the worst defenses and pretty meh to terrible against better ones.
And still got to 12 wins, either way you slice it. Those other quarterbacks with "similar running game problems" didn't get to 12 wins.

And that was my original point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good to see some things never change. AC having to defend the indefensible. Can you really never just say that Dak sucked in this game?
I already said it several times. Can't you control your fragile emotions or do you need a baby's bottle?

btcutter

Reaction score
The run game stinking up the joint was a major problem. Dak started struggling and we had nothing to lean on. Without a run game we had to keep going back to Dak and it just snowballed the problems. We need to get back to having a run game and not relying on an unreliable QB. The next coach has to make that their number 1 priority.
Or Stop the run which has been a problem for years.

GINeric

Reaction score
That's pretty funny, you are actually saying Dak is elite without saying Dak is elite.

Dak is far from elite. Please don't lie or twist up words. I said what I mean and I meant what I said. Is that clear enough for you or would you lime to request a tutor....

Blitzen

Reaction score
And still got to 12 wins, either way you slice it. Those other quarterbacks with "similar running game problems" didn't get to 12 wins.

And that was my original point.
Lol-only three other teams got to 12 wins. Great point. Wins are a QB stat when it fits a narrative.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But...he doesnt have to help the other team with ints/ pik 6's..
Teams still willing to put the game on dakz shoulders in the playoffs.
....with success
No run game. WRs not getting open. Constantly under pressure. Sacked 4 times. Dak forced to try to make something happen. A Defense that absolutely sucks both against the run and pass. I'm not surprised with the end result.

GINeric

Reaction score
I already said it several times. Can't you control your fragile emotions or do you need a baby's bottle?

I'm telling you.... some of these idiots here are dumb as a bag of rocks. We've already said Dak played bad today and he isn't elite, etc... and you still have these idiots trying to flip our words around to fit their lil narratives when we've obviously made ourselves clear.

Where the hell do those lil guys come from?