It can no longer be denied Zeke seems slow and not focused

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Unless Zeke got covid 3 years ago I am more inclined to believe that it is because he is fat and out of shape and checked out once he got paid. The excuses people make for this guy are unreal. He has been a human turd his whole life but it was always OK because he was a great athlete. Well I hate to break it to you folks but he is now just a human turd.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“DURRRRR DAK IS NOTHING WITHOUT ZEKE DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ZEKE CARRIES THE COWBOYS OFFENSE DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR”
:lmao2:

22 points in 3 games since Dak went down.

7.3 pts/game.

Gotta love it when people take comments from 3-4 years ago and act like someone said it yesterday.

It's true, Zeke ain;t what he was and also true you need to get over yourself.

"Oh look how special and in-the-know I am.....I hated Zeke from the beginning...I refused to support one of our own Cowboys players and now VENGEANCE IS MINE!!!!!!@!"

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
The OL is absolutely garbage. I'm not defending Zeke but it would be hard for just about every RB not named Barry Sanders to run behind this group. Zack Martin is the sole bright spot out there.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
He needs his mans Dak. I do think Dak makes this team a little better, especially the offense. We went from scoring 30+ a game to not even scoring TD's!

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Well, Zeke is not fat even by pro athlete standards. I don't understand that criticism. He is what he is at this point though. The goal is not home runs. He wants to initiate contact and drag a defender a few yards. If we see a home run its going to come from Pollard not Zeke.

All the offense stars are a victim of the teams injuries and playcalling. He looked pretty good on the wildcat so of course we never did it after the first qtr. They had a decent drive going so of course Moore ruined it with a double reverse. Momentum isn't a thing because of how the team takes it away from themselves this year. Its impossible for guys to get in a groove right now.

blumayne38

Reaction score
The play that got me was an off tackle run where Martin and Steele had created a hole and Zeke had a 20 yard run just waiting for him and he got tripped up by a diving LB. Those are the plays he ripped off for big gains as a rookie.

He's clearly not the same TB. This was predictable but alas, the Cowboys just seem to not understand how to make good financial decisions.
This team is dead weight.

Naruto

Reaction score
We’re gonna have to trade him like the Texans traded Osweiller

would our 2nd round pick be enough?

Cmac

Reaction score
I don't want to ask "How'd you make that assessment.?" And Dez was a cancer too, right? And T.O. was bad for this team? Got it. Never each went through a period of slumps, never mind the blocking issues, never mind staying home during a playoff run instead of taking love one to Cabo. Got it.

Scotman

Reaction score
Our OL is garbage. But part of the reason they are garbage is that our back is doing nothing right now to make them look good. He rarely breaks the first tackle. If your RB could break a tackle once in a while, hit a hole on time or just make it to the corner, the defense would have to adjust a little. If you ever accepted the argument that the back just makes the line look good, then you have to accept the reverse. Our line sucks. But Zeke looks like he's average at best.

Truth is, I don't think Zeke is keeping defensive coordinators up at night any more.

rags

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s just too many touches and carries in a short career, or if he’s gained weight, or if he just does not have the same heart but it’s undeniable he’s a shadow of what he use to be .
There were plays tonight where he did not even hit the right hole . He’s Becoming a 90 million dead weight,

What does he care? He's got his money.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I was a big fan of Zeke on field early in his career but the guy is toast. He fumbles constantly, drops passes, has no burst or vision, etc. He is a below average RB being paid like an elite one. Just like Gurley, he might get released early in his contract. Dallas could get better RB play out of a 3rd round pick. Pollard is noticeably better too.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Guy I work with had Covid. He's fit and an avid runner (multiple marathons) in his early 40s. He still has issues after 4 months. He says he runs out of breath walking up 2 flights of stairs.

Obviously this guy isn't on Zeke's level when it comes to fitness. Zeke is much younger and is an elite athlete but it's possible and somewhat likely Covid has affected him physically.

I posted this a few weeks back but watch him struggling here. He’s either hyperventilating or something

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
If only someone on this forum had been pounding the table and telling folks what to expect.... RB is a function of the offensive line.

Always has been. Always will be.

Except for the rarest of breeds. Think All Day. Zeke he is not.
Except Pollard in the same game , same O line , same play calling averaged 5.7 per carry at 7 for 40 versus Zeke’s 3.3 at 19 for 63.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
The OL is absolutely garbage. I'm not defending Zeke but it would be hard for just about every RB not named Barry Sanders to run behind this group. Zack Martin is the sole bright spot out there.
Pollard went 7/40 averaged 5.7 a carry in same game behind same o-line , Zeke 19/63 3.3 per carry

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, Zeke is not fat even by pro athlete standards. I don't understand that criticism. He is what he is at this point though. The goal is not home runs. He wants to initiate contact and drag a defender a few yards. If we see a home run its going to come from Pollard not Zeke.

All the offense stars are a victim of the teams injuries and playcalling. He looked pretty good on the wildcat so of course we never did it after the first qtr. They had a decent drive going so of course Moore ruined it with a double reverse. Momentum isn't a thing because of how the team takes it away from themselves this year. Its impossible for guys to get in a groove right now.
that one angered me you are rolling forward had them worn out with runs and then get cute..so bad made the FG tougher isnt that the one FG we missed..the wind was crazy left to right and every yard mattered..

CWR

Reaction score
The play that got me was an off tackle run where Martin and Steele had created a hole and Zeke had a 20 yard run just waiting for him and he got tripped up by a diving LB. Those are the plays he ripped off for big gains as a rookie.

He's clearly not the same TB. This was predictable but alas, the Cowboys just seem to not understand how to make good financial decisions.

Predictable sure, but not at this rate.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah he def did. Of course our OL is the worst it’s been in a decade too.
There were gaping holes behind Zach Martin last night. Zeke could have crashed 100 yards just following his blocks. The problem is that he used to be quick enough to get away with it. He still sees holes but can't get there with the kind of burst he used to have.