It Is Conference Championship Week

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is the biggest week prior to the time between it and leading up to any Super Bowl. It is the NFL's version of the NCAA's Final Four but without The Madness.

Take a moment or two this week and pay attention to the media coverage. On NFL Network. On sports talking head shows. On podcasts. On blogs. Etc.

Then add the number of times you will see, hear or read quotes from Baltimore, Kansas City, San Francisco and Detroit's owners and general managers collectively. Certainly, the number of occasions might be decreased simply because the media may not care much about getting those particular soundbites. It may also mean four sets of owners and GMs may not care to proactively comment also.

However, do not be surprised if the media ends up talking more about what might escape Jerry Jones lips this week than from his peers. It has become an annual occurence. Heck. Sometimes, tidbits have been released from the $250 million dollar super-yacht. Modern day communication holds no bounds.

/Jones rant

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just when we thought no one would be as dominating in Cap era as the Patriots and Brady , I present Mahomes and the Chiefs.

With a league systemically in place to provide balance it’s shifted more to one team mainly because of one player.

The fact Mahomes has made 6 straight championship games which is every year he’s started is truly remarkable.

And I expect him to win more Super Bowls.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The games are really evenly balanced matchups. Ravens will be a tough out but I’ll take Mahomes and Chiefs to spoil the MVP.

And as much as we have pegged SF all year they look vulnerable. Lions could give them fits. But I think SF finds a way.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Just when we thought no one would be as dominating in Cap era as the Patriots and Brady , I present Mahomes and the Chiefs.

With a league systemically in place to provide balance it’s shifted more to one team mainly because of one player.

The fact Mahomes has made 6 straight championship games which is every year he’s started is truly remarkable.

And I expect him to win more Super Bowls.
He's amazing. Give Reid credit as well they are a lethal combo.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Personally, that is the biggest story as well. Can Mahomes get his 3rd SB win in his 6 years as a starter? Can he surpass Brady's 7 SB rings? We thought it was almost impossible to break that. Strong possibility with the Mahomes/Reid combo.

True franchise QB, and well worth the money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's amazing. Give Reid credit as well they are a lethal combo.
No, Reid continues to leave Mahomes with less talent around him.

It’s all about Mahomes extending plays and improv . Truly gifted playmaker.

I look at Allen and he’s a truly more talented Proto Style QB, bigger arm and elite talent of his own but Mahomes just has a knack of sensing the pressure and getting out of the pocket and making plays others simply don’t have the instinct to make.

He’s kinda of a Tarkenton, Staubach and Favre all into one. He has no other peer this era.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No, Reid continues to leave Mahomes with less talent around him.

It’s all about Mahomes extending plays and improv . Truly gifted playmaker.

I look at Allen and he’s a truly more talented Proto Style QB, bigger arm and elite talent of his own but Mahomes just has a knack of sensing the pressure and getting out of the pocket and making plays others simply don’t have the instinct to make.

He’s kinda of a Tarkenton, Staubach and Favre all into one. He has no other peer this era.
The difference last night was basically just the Chiefs' WRs catching balls downfield and the Bills WRs dropping them though.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I’d argue it was a little more than that. Several contributing factors.
Well yea, there always is. Pat Mahomes is a much better QB than Josh Allen - it's just him and then everyone else.

But MVS caught two tough balls downfield - which he basically never does - while Diggs and Sherfield dropped them. Those 4 plays are like a 150-yard swing.

Generally speaking, the Bills are a terribly constructed roster and it caught it up with them, but the Chiefs skill guys played better than they have most of hte year.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is the biggest week prior to the time between it and leading up to any Super Bowl. It is the NFL's version of the NCAA's Final Four but without The Madness.

Take a moment or two this week and pay attention to the media coverage. On NFL Network. On sports talking head shows. On podcasts. On blogs. Etc.

Then add the number of times you will see, hear or read quotes from Baltimore, Kansas City, San Francisco and Detroit's owners and general managers collectively. Certainly, the number of occasions might be decreased simply because the media may not care much about getting those particular soundbites. It may also mean four sets of owners and GMs may not care to proactively comment also.

However, do not be surprised if the media ends up talking more about what might escape Jerry Jones lips this week than from his peers. It has become an annual occurence. Heck. Sometimes, tidbits have been released from the $250 million dollar super-yacht. Modern day communication holds no bounds.

/Jones rant
LOL@!! Somewhere, sometime, someone will give The Jerald his say.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What match up does the NFL / networks / Vegas want. :muttley: Especially being in Vegas.

Baltimore - SF rematch, or a KC - SF game.

I don't think they want Detroit, though it could be a huge fan underdog favorite, 1st time.

I want Lions and Ravens

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well yea, there always is. Pat Mahomes is a much better QB than Josh Allen - it's just him and then everyone else.

But MVS caught two tough balls downfield - which he basically never does - while Diggs and Sherfield dropped them. Those 4 plays are like a 150-yard swing.

Generally speaking, the Bills are a terribly constructed roster and it caught it up with them, but the Chiefs skill guys played better than they have most of hte year.
I don’t think he’s much better. He just extends and makes more plays.

Allen isn’t why they lost. He’s only reason they had a shot to win.

Mahomes is just an incredible Improv. He has no peers this era on that ability. Just a tremendous knack and instinct.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should all know the owners of the Chiefs and former Dallas Texans. They are neighbors of our owner. Native Texans rom Dallas.
The silver magnates. I sailed in regattas at White Rock Lake - Hunt's mansion sits near the shoreline looking like a mausoleum.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s much better. He just extends and makes more plays.

Allen isn’t why they lost. He’s only reason they had a shot to win.

Mahomes is just an incredible Improv. He has no peers this era on that ability. Just a tremendous knack and instinct.
Well that's a significant difference.

Allen is their whole team - that's what I mean by the roster is constructed poorly.

75boyz

Reaction score
I just remember how Baltimore dominated SF in the regular season.
But in the playoffs, then Houston managed to hang around Baltimore...
For a half.

GB gave SF all they could handle.
And Detroit is the feel good and semi redemption story of Jared Goff.

KC's dynamic duo of Reid/Mahomes continues their excellence.

So I'm predicting a Baltimore over SF part 2 rematch in the SB.
But in my heart I would absolutely love to see the under dog Lions win the whole thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well that's a significant difference.

Allen is their whole team - that's what I mean by the roster is constructed poorly.
I really don’t follow them closely enough to offer any opinions about how well constructed their team is.

When I make comparisons it’s more on their raw talent , abilities and contribution to their teams success.

I’d argue at least based on what I’ve seen their talents and impacts are similar.

And why their matchups in these playoffs are so evenly matched.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just remember how Baltimore dominated SF in the regular season.
But in the playoffs, then Houston managed to hang around Baltimore...
For a half.

GB gave SF all they could handle.
And Detroit is the feel good and semi redemption story of Jared Goff.

KC's dynamic duo of Reid/Mahomes continues their excellence.

So I'm predicting a Baltimore over SF part 2 rematch in the SB.
But in my heart I would absolutely love to see the under dog Lions win the whole thing.
That would be good for the league.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

/Jones rant
Ah yes, championship week. I remember those days fondly. I had dark hair (instead of grey) and more of it. My four adult kids were then all in elementary or middle school. Gas was $2 a gallon. It was a different era.

Sadly, most of our fans today wouldn’t know what it means to be in a championship game. They have to watch every team but us and Wash participate in an NFC championship game.

I guess we will all have to console ourselves knowing we are the most profitable team in sports. And look at that “stayjum” and say, “Wow we are so lucky”. If it wasn’t such a gut punch it would be funny.
:laugh: