It is time for MNF to go quietly into the night

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Witten is bad with his timing. He goes off on tagents that are way too long.

CB61

Reaction score
They keep trying to inflate a flat tire and there are just some ideas that have an expiration date. I believe this is one of them.

Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten and Booger McFarland are trying too hard and I believe it's been impressed on them that this is a desperate situation. ESPN is bleeding from the jugular because of the rights fees and now that the NFL has turned on them and decided to put better games on TNF, this has run it's course.

I grew up with MNF, it was indeed special to me for many years and actually allowed me to get my wife interested by created indigenous dishes for the team we were rooting for but after 10 years, even that went to rest.

When MNF was born, there weren't Thursday college games or NFL ones, the number of college games were 1/3 of what they are today and I wonder if people, not fans of the two teams playing, are "footballed out" by Monday.

I was looking forward to listening to Witten do these games because he is one of my favorite Cowboys ever but he is just terrible as an analyst and I turned the audio off and just put on some tunes for the DEN-KC game. He is actually detracting from the game.

Sometimes, you have an old friend that you've loved dearly, like a good pet, and it becomes evident that it is time to end their suffering. This needs to end.
Hallelujah and amen!