It is time for MNF to go quietly into the night

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They keep trying to inflate a flat tire and there are just some ideas that have an expiration date. I believe this is one of them.

Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten and Booger McFarland are trying too hard and I believe it's been impressed on them that this is a desperate situation. ESPN is bleeding from the jugular because of the rights fees and now that the NFL has turned on them and decided to put better games on TNF, this has run it's course.

I grew up with MNF, it was indeed special to me for many years and actually allowed me to get my wife interested by created indigenous dishes for the team we were rooting for but after 10 years, even that went to rest.

When MNF was born, there weren't Thursday college games or NFL ones, the number of college games were 1/3 of what they are today and I wonder if people, not fans of the two teams playing, are "footballed out" by Monday.

I was looking forward to listening to Witten do these games because he is one of my favorite Cowboys ever but he is just terrible as an analyst and I turned the audio off and just put on some tunes for the DEN-KC game. He is actually detracting from the game.

Sometimes, you have an old friend that you've loved dearly, like a good pet, and it becomes evident that it is time to end their suffering. This needs to end.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They keep trying to inflate a flat tire and there are just some ideas that have an expiration date. I believe this is one of them.

Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten and Booger McFarland are trying too hard and I believe it's been impressed on them that this is a desperate situation. ESPN is bleeding from the jugular because of the rights fees and now that the NFL has turned on them and decided to put better games on TNF, this has run it's course.

I grew up with MNF, it was indeed special to me for many years and actually allowed me to get my wife interested by created indigenous dishes for the team we were rooting for but after 10 years, even that went to rest.

When MNF was born, there weren't Thursday college games or NFL ones, the number of college games were 1/3 of what they are today and I wonder if people, not fans of the two teams playing, are "footballed out" by Monday.

I was looking forward to listening to Witten do these games because he is one of my favorite Cowboys ever but he is just terrible as an analyst and I turned the audio off and just put on some tunes for the DEN-KC game. He is actually detracting from the game.

Sometimes, you have an old friend that you've loved dearly, like a good pet, and it becomes evident that it is time to end their suffering. This needs to end.

Idk I have no problem with MNF and usually watch it every week

stiletto

Reaction score
Sunday Night football has way more of the feel that MNF back in the day used to bring. I don't really like the half time garbage on any network anymore but I definitely have preferred Sunday Night Football to MNF the last few years. Usually better games too for some reason.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
ESPN has ruined MNF. It used to be the end to a great weekend now I am watching the Resident instead. I hate ESPN and will avoid it unless the cowboys are playing.
You hate ESPN? Lol....that’s funny

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If they need to dump it, you could say Jason Witten had a big part in that decision.

I love him to death, but the guy is awful.

I guess he thought he could be like his BFF in Romo, but sadly, not.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
You nailed it.

This isn't like MNF like I remember it.

Quite frankly it's awful.

And yeah Witten's horrible. His partner isn't anything to write home about either.

I like most grew up with ESPN and couldn't sleep before watching Sports Center, now I have a strong dislike for this network. But I do think they have a legitimate beef with the NFL. I read they pay more per game than any other network, somewhere around 100 million per game! If your paying that kind of jack I would start to get upset too if the NFL were giving the network some of the worst games of the week.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder is the MNF game not as cool or are we just too old to be up late on a Momday night? I wish they would scrap TNF and MNF and do a Friday night game and a Sat night game. I don’t give a crap if it intrudes on high school football, then record the game if your kid has a game. Oh, and scrap sunday night football too.