It might be Brooks this week after all...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
It just does not matter who we put.....we will have to play error free and hope our D can win it.

EndGame

Reaction score
While I wouldn't mind seeing Bollinger out there because he could likely complete a pass of more than 10 yards, I disagree that it couldn't be worse than Johnson. Imagine what would have happened against Tampa if you add in a Cowboys QB throwing an interception or two. The game would have been decided in another way.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
EndGame;2379543 said:
While I wouldn't mind seeing Bollinger out there because he could likely complete a pass of more than 10 yards, I disagree that it couldn't be worse than Johnson. Imagine what would have happened against Tampa if you add in a Cowboys QB throwing an interception or two. The game would have been decided in another way.
Brad did nothing to prevent an INT. It was just pure luck that they didn't have multiple picks.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
theogt;2379560 said:
Brad did nothing to prevent an INT. It was just pure luck that they didn't have multiple picks.

Obviously some folks don't watch the entire game...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2379162 said:
In his presser this afternoon Wade said Johnson would start FWIW.

Maybe Jerry should give this babyface a call.......

4107_1.JPG

Can you imagine a young Troy on this team? Oh man, he would be virtually unstoppable as long as they kept him upright.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
theogt;2379560 said:

Plus, most QB fumbles come from hits from the backside rusher.

EndGame

Reaction score
theogt;2379560 said:
Okay, I won't argue that point. Do you want to risk giving the Giants MORE opportunities by throwing a QB out there who isn't ready? How many snaps do you suppose Bollinger has gotten in practice, considering he wasn't even in training camp?

Speaking of training camp, what's Richard Bartel is doing these days?

kramskoi

Reaction score
The Cowboys might have this decision made FOR them, depending on the tenacity of the Giants pass rush. Tuck or Kiwanuka coming free a few times on Johnson could spell trouble. The type of trouble that prematurely thrusts a third-string quarterback to the fore.

If they fall behind by more than ten points, the show's over. Johnson will have little time to do more than check-down, which has been his claim to fame since his time with Tampa Bay. If Barber can't get untracked it could get ugly because that will mean Johnson trying to convert too many third and long situations without error. A 172 yard offensive performance at the Meadowlands probably means you take the long way back to Dallas with your tail between your legs.

Dallas must hope for some sloppy play and even worse ball-handling by the Giants if they plan on winning this game without a vertical passing attack. Eli Manning ain't Jeff Garcia.

Wade Phillips better burn the midnight oil and pray to the football fairy for the inspiration to form a defensive game plan similar to the one they engineered against Tampa. He also better hope his concoction survives contact with the enemy because they will otherwise suffer more losses in nine games than they did in last years' entire regular season.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
EndGame;2379543 said:
You mean like the game he played the week before?

He tried to throw INT's to Tampa but they kept dropping them. It was no thanks to Brad that we won that game. Even the TD he threw looked like a wounded duck and it was only luck and Roy's height advantage that got us that one.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
EndGame;2379598 said:
Okay, I won't argue that point. Do you want to risk giving the Giants MORE opportunities by throwing a QB out there who isn't ready? How many snaps do you suppose Bollinger has gotten in practice, considering he wasn't even in training camp?

Speaking of training camp, what's Richard Bartel is doing these days?
do you think Brad is ready for the giants pass-rush?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Rampage;2379698 said:
do you think Brad is ready for the giants pass-rush?
The only thing Brad is ready for is a nice long retirement. The Gints will kill him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I just hope, if he does have to step in on Sunday, that he doesn't blow it big time cause I'd hate to see how dead these forums would be if all these people screaming he couldn't be worse went on hiatus to avoid the fact that they were wrong.

And I'm not saying they would be, I really don't know cause I've never seen the dude play, but I'm just saying.

Either that or the boards would be blowing up screaming about how stupid Wade was for allowing Brooks into the game and thus costing us the game.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The Brad vs. Brooks "debate" is starting to sound like "Quincy vs. Hutch."

Sadly, the only correct answer is "none of the above."

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
The Giants are preparing for an immobile QB because Bollinger isn't as mobile as everyone makes out; he's been sacked more times than he's run. Let's show them the complete opposite.

Stanback for QB.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Perhaps one of the worst things to ever happen to the fan base is for Romo to come through and look great.

Now any no-name, no expierenced player can get a fans base buzz and people project how much better he will do than people who have played in the league.

Good arm doesn't overcome disguised defenses and turnovers.

The kid hasn't played in the league long enough to take the reins.

But to be sure, there will be a contingency that begs for this guy to start.

Brad stinks on ice, but that is an issue that should have been rectified back in training camp when other QB's were cut rather than have Romo go down and we now find out this guy stinks.

But in any event, unless it is injury, there is nor reason to put Bollinger on the field. The front seven of the Giants would wreck any self-confidence he might have in one game.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2379738 said:
I'd hate to see how dead these forums would be if all these people screaming he couldn't be worse went on hiatus to avoid the fact that they were wrong.

Listen up Sir William you miss the point entirely. The odds of us winning are down regardless but Brooks gives us a somewhat fighting chance since he can complete passes over 10 yds with relative ease. It's about having a "fighting chance," not a cure for cancer here...

TwoDeep3;2379816 said:
The kid hasn't played in the league long enough to take the reins.

"The kid" has been in the league 6 years, poster credibility exposed:spanking:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2379770 said:
The Giants are preparing for an immobile QB because Bollinger isn't as mobile as everyone makes out; he's been sacked more times than he's run. Let's show them the complete opposite.

Stanback for QB.

You don't need great mobility to roll the pocket and move the QB outside from time to time. I would hope would Dallas will start rolling the pocket to buy time for Johnson and or Bollinger.