It might take 14-3

blueblood70

Reaction score
12-5 would be very humbling with this group, and leave me pretty pessimistic about their playoff chances. If they cant beat a good team now, how will they do it in the post season?
humbling my arse13-3 ,9-7,10-6, 8-8, 6-10 to 12-5 would be a vast improvement i can see 13-4... thats a very successful season..brutal road games in the winter back half and man loaded with east teams late..just a tough task..

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get the desire of wanting the 1st seed and a bye, but honestly, I'm not hanging my hopes on that. Just get into the playoffs and win!

mldardy

Reaction score
We ain’t going 14-3. Kc will be loss. Raiders/saints gonna be tough. I’m happy 12 wins
:facepalm: None of this is close to being true. The Raiders a dumpster fire right now. NO lost to Atlanta at home. And last but not least I love the guaranteed loss to KC who has beaten who so far?

Mark

Reaction score
Depending on how long K. Murray is unavailable to AZ, the NFC might shake-out to be a two or three-team race. I doubt GB will lose more than one more game this season (prob. @ BAL), so DAL may need a 14-3 record - *and* whatever tiebreakers are applicable - to capture the playoff bye.

Given what we've already seen this season of the Cowboys' performance coming off a highly-overrated bye week, we may wish to hope the top playoff seed goes to someone else.

ESisback

Reaction score
Bucs are trash away from Tampa. It’s down to Us, GB, Ari or LA.

Cards are also trash w/o Murray, any word on his injury severity? I heard someone say the Cardinals still don’t know how long he’ll be out for because it’s the ankle.

No, but I’d bet the farm he’s 100% for the Dallas game!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Green Bay's schedule is soft as Charmin.

Lions, Bears, Vikes, Rams at Lambeau, only real tough one is at Baltimore.

They probably dont lose more than one more game unfortunately, so this talk of #1 seed is probably just wishful thinking. Our realistic goal should be to get either #2 or #3 seed, we dont want #4 seed and have to play the NFC West runner up, most likely the Rams in the first round.

windjc

Reaction score
Well the Rams are most likely out of #1 seed contention. They have Packers, Cards, Ravens, at Minn, and also Seahawks. Likely 2 losses somewhere in there.

Looks like it’s Cards, Cowboys, and Packers fighting for #1 seed although the Bucs have the easiest remaining schedule. Maybe they run the table or finish 13-4 with the tiebreaker against us.

Last edited:

windjc

Reaction score
Green Bay's schedule is soft as Charmin.

Lions, Bears, Vikes, Rams at Lambeau, only real tough one is at Baltimore.

They probably dont lose more than one more game unfortunately, so this talk of #1 seed is probably just wishful thinking. Our realistic goal should be to get either #2 or #3 seed, we dont want #4 seed and have to play the NFC West runner up, most likely the Rams in the first round.

If the Cowboys can perform well against the Chiefs, the Saints, WFT and the Cardinals then we have the inside track to a tiebreaker at 13-4.

Cardinals would have to win out if they lose to us which most likely does not happen. The Packers still have to play Rams and Ravens and so a good chance of 1 loss between those 2 teams. Then they have to play Minn twice which is a tough division opponent. Maybe a loss there.

If Packers and Cowboys both finish at 13-4 with then it’s common opponents.

In this scenario Packers would be 3-3 against common opponents (Wash, Saints, Cards, Chiefs, Minn). Even if Dallas dropped 2 games against these 5 teams Dallas would have the tiebreaker.

in this scenario Dallas can lose two more and still get the #1 seed.

At any rate I think this is a lot more possible than finishing 14-3.

I think the race for #1 is already thinning.

it should be noted in an interesting scenario where Dallas, Green Bay and the Bucs all finish at 13-4 then pretty much the same things stand as mentioned above, with the Tampa Dallas head to head tie breaker being thrown out and going to common opponents which in this case are still the Saints and Washington. So those 3 remaining games would be crucial to the three way tiebreaker :)

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
Thank you Niners, that helped the cause,,

Noticing these teams before a bye are losing, hmmmm?

When the Rams come back AT Packers, see that as a loss.

Beat Jags

Lose AT Cards

beat Seahawks

AT Vikes
AT Ravens

Will lose one of those.

Could lose to the Niners again.

Rams not on our level.

Last edited:

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I'm not really concerned about the 1 seed. The 2 or 3 seed will be fine. We should be able to host a couple of playoff games and be the road team in the NFCC game and still be victorious.
Not if it's At Lambeau in -ºF conditions. Dallas will be lucky to score 6 points.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not if it's At Lambeau in -ºF conditions. Dallas will be lucky to score 6 points.
I fear no team. Any time, anywhere. The coward contingent of our Cowboys fans needs to man up. Cowboys @ GB for the NFCC is a real possibility. :thumbup:

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I fear no team. Any time, anywhere. The coward contingent of our Cowboys fans needs to man up. Cowboys @ GB for the NFCC is a real possibility. :thumbup:
6-31 ***** Packers. Prescott is a warm weather QB, he will freeze and look like the Denver game but worse. And no, don't mention October 2016. That was a 70+ degree game and Rodgers was playing the worst football in his career in that stretch from November 2015 to November 2016.

I will literally off myself if that evil terrorist organization up in Pissconsin beats us for all the marbles for the third time in the decade. Especially in a NFCCG situation. I won't be able to tolerate life anymore. The first time was extremely rough on me... especially with the refs. The second time literally almost was the end of me. The third time WOULD be the end of me, and probably others as well dragged down with me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They gotta just take it game by game.... start looking/thinking ahead and Denver things happen.

I'm just thinking about getting 10 wins. That should be enough to win the division. Then you're in and can worry about seeding.

We need 3 more. I don't even care about the bye right now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No team in either conference will end up 14-3.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
6-31 ***** Packers. Prescott is a warm weather QB, he will freeze and look like the Denver game but worse. And no, don't mention October 2016. That was a 70+ degree game and Rodgers was playing the worst football in his career in that stretch from November 2015 to November 2016.
I'm not buying what you're selling. "warm weather QB is a myth.

I will literally off myself if they beat us for all the marbles for the third time in the decade. Especially in a NFCCG situation. I won't be able to tolerate life anymore. The first time was extremely rough on me... especially with the refs. The second time literally almost was the end of me. The third time WOULD be the end of me, and probably others as well dragged down with me.
Settle down, Friend. Talk like that isn't funny at all. Do we need an intervention here? @Reality might need to shoot you an email to talk you off the ledge. I'd hate to think you wrote that warning of offing yourself and no one took action to prevent it... then you actually followed through. Please think twice before doing something so tragic. I'm a military veteran that has known far too many that made that terrible decision. Please don't be another. :eek:

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I'm not buying what you're selling. "warm weather QB is a myth.

Settle down, Friend. Talk like that isn't funny at all. Do we need an intervention here? @Reality might need to shoot you an email to talk you off the ledge. I'd hate to think you wrote that warning of offing yourself and no one took action to prevent it... then you actually followed through. Please think twice before doing something so tragic. I'm a military veteran that has known far too many that made that terrible decision. Please don't be another. :eek:
No... my body, my choice.

It's more than just sports to me. It is war. I think of that franchise (that shouldn't be allowed to even exist, just the way it is organized isn't even professional and shouldn't be allowed in the NFL) and their entire disgusting fanbase the same way that US governments in the past have thought of, say, Adolf, Stalin, Pol Pot, Osama or Kim Jong.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No... my body, my choice.

It's more than just sports to me. It is war. I think of that franchise (that shouldn't be allowed to even exist, just the way it is organized isn't even professional and shouldn't be allowed in the NFL) and their entire disgusting fanbase the same way that US governments in the past have thought of, say, Adolf, Stalin, Pol Pot, Osama or Kim Jong.
:thumbdown: Disagree. You don't have the right to off yourself. A child of God would never agree with that concept.