CFZ It’s Time to Make a Statement

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Bucs are favored on a away game. TB12 is the GOAT. Mike Evan is a future HOF’er. Vita Vea. Zoner’s aren’t giving the Cowboys a chance in hell.

But…..

IMO the Cowboys locker room is as tight as a gnat’s ***. And if you’ve played team sports you know how important a factor that is. Team chemistry is a huge part of any team’s winning season. By all evidence, the Cowboys have that.

The Bucs have a great offense led by TB#12.

They have a great defense led by Vita Vea and others.

The Cowboys have a great offense led by Dak. They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020. That just doesn’t happen because of players.

I understand the feeling that the WR is a position of weakness. They lost Cooper to FA and Gallup to injury. Their FA signing of Washington is injured. Until Gallup gets back and until they sign Beasley, fans are crapping all over the wide receiver corps. Before they’ve ever seen them play. Moore is a smart guy who comes from a long lineage of NFL experts. I haven’t given up on him and think he can play, early on, to the Cowboys offensive strengths. It’s the year that Moore either puts up or shuts up.

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed. That’s no cutting it. Middle of the road. But now they have a 2nd year Parsons and a proved veteran in Barr, They also have the rookie Williams , and one of the best CB’s in Diggs, and an improved Bohanna, and an improved Trystin Hill and an improved secondary.

As for the Special Teams, we now have Turpin-time. The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion. Anger is a Pro Bowler. Question mark, and a big one, is Maher. Can he perform like he did early in his career.

So IMHO, the Cowboys are solid in 2 of the 3 phases with special teams being the big question mark. And that’s a huge question mark. If Maher performs well, then this team can go all they way.

Jipper

Reaction score
The Bucs are favored on a away game. TB12 is the GOAT. Mike Evan is a future HOF’er. Vita Vea. Zoner’s aren’t giving the Cowboys a chance in hell.

But…..

IMO the Cowboys locker room is as tight as a gnat’s ***. And if you’ve played team sports you know how important a factor that is. Team chemistry is a huge part of any team’s winning season. By all evidence, the Cowboys have that.

The Cowboys have a great offense led by Dak. They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020. That just doesn’t happen because of players.

I understand the feeling that the WR is a position of weakness. They lost Cooper to FA and Gallup to injury. Their FA signing of Washington is injured. Until Gallup gets back and until they sign Beasley, fans are crapping all over the wide receiver corps. Before they’ve ever seen them play. Moore is a smart guy who comes from a long lineage of NFL experts. I haven’t given up on him and think he can play, early on, to the Cowboys offensive strengths. It’s the year that Moore either puts up or shuts up.

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed. That’s no cutting it. Middle of the road. But now they have a 2nd year Parsons and a proved veteran in Barr, They also have the rookie Williams , and one of the best CB’s in Diggs, and an improved Bohanna, and an improved Trystin Hill and an improved secondary.

As for the Special Teams, we now have Turpin-time. The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion. Anger is a Pro Bowler. Question mark, and a big one, is Maher. Can he perform like he did early in his career.

So IMHO, the Cowboys are solid in 2 of the 3 phases with special teams being the big question mark. And that’s a huge question mark. If Maher performs well, then this team can go all they way.

so it needs to be Turpin time!!!

I think people are going to be shocked at how much pressure Brady is under.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Rocky I think we got this game BUCS are too dependent on Brady . Leonard Fournette came in out of shape they're running game wasn't very good last year anyway and now they're all offensive line is compromised.

Brady's woman has his head jacked around he missed training camp for 11 days and he's 45 years old with a bad offensive line and no running game.

That said Dak has to overcome our offensive line problems run the ball when it's there and absolutely keep the chains moving and stay ahead of them we can't have penalties and our field goal kicker has to make the makeable field goals.

Turpin is the x Factor this guy can break the game open on special teams or from the slot at any point we haven't had that in a really long time.
Our defense is improved and we got speed Brady needs to be knocked down early and often take the penalty if necessary but drive him into the ground Don't just touch his face mask.
Also agree our locker room is tighter those guys don't know what to believe about their leader anymore he retired he came back he left training camp don't see them having a faith in him that they once did. Plus they have a new coach that's trying to get his feet under himself .

This is a very winnable game especially at home no reason to fail here

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bucs are favored on a away game.
To me that means absolutely
tenor.gif

LittleD

Reaction score
Sad to say it but, Brady is sharpening his knives to carve us up in the middle of the field like last year. The refs have their yellow hankies all shined up
for our OL and CB's which will seal the deal in the 4th quarter like always. Now just wait till next week when Brady provides the pattern to Burrow on how to
send us down the well.

Flamma

Reaction score

But…..

I have no idea how this season is going to turn out, but a lot of people are thinking this is the typical Cowboys off year. And everything does point to that. The one thing not being considered is our defense. Our offense last year was no different from 2019. Our D won us 4 more games. Getting takeaways and the ball more often, you're going to score more often. This is not a D normal for the Cowboys. So for most people it's hard to quantify its impact. But if it plays like I think it will, we should be a 12 win team at minimum. We just have to hope the OL don't fall apart.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas can't beat a playoff caliber team. I wish they could but the soft and entitled culture says different.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A few corrections:

They finished with the #1 offense in 2021 and #3 in 2020.
They were 14th in yards and 17th in points in 2020, not sure what that was confused with

The defense was #14 in yards allowed. #16 in rushing yards allowed
Dallas was 19th in yards allowed last year; maybe you had it listed as 14th from the bottom

The first legitimate return man we’ve had since Deion
Since Deion, you did also have Adam Jones for a season; Pac-Man is widely considered one of the best punt returners of the last 20 years.

Dwayne Harris as well was an excellent returner. He holds the cowboys career record for yards per return on kickoffs, and his 11 yards per return on punts in second in team history.

Last edited:

lkelly

Reaction score
:huh:
His dad was a high school football coach.
Let's be honest - there are hundreds of NFL experts just on this message board. Don't believe me? Just ask them.

I guess his dad and grandfather are also on the Internet. Long lines!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Statement games are not usually the opening game of the season unless that team is the defending champ.