News: It took Kris Richard 1 day to figure out Byron was a corner

Jipper

Reaction score
We should be able to get a decent one in the 4th or 5th. Woods was picked I think in the 6th rd last year.

I honestly don't know enough about them to even comment....just hope they infuse as much defensive talent as possible in the top part of the draft

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This coaching staff is a little slow, it takes them a couple years to figure out that Byron wasn't a safety. Kinda like it took them 3 qtrs to figure out that Chaz couldn't block Adrian Clayborn.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Hopefully Richard is in the works to be a future DC or possibly head coach with this team. I’m just such a fan of the defensive scheme that Seattle/Atlanta runs

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My body is ready for the Joey Ivey Fist Pump.
ORIkbpl.gif

Ahhh... there it is.
I'm just amazed we aren't seeing Jason and Charlotte closing in on that kiss they keep wishing would happen...
But Stevie's Perma-Smile is running hot and heavy though. I can't wait for Draft Day!

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
If I see Lewis in the slot I’m killing somebody. But since I trust Richard I’m going to say he knows better and doesn’t succumb to the (I need big corners) nonsense.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
ORIkbpl.gif

Ahhh... there it is.
I'm just amazed we aren't seeing Jason and Charlotte closing in on that kiss they keep wishing would happen...
But Stevie's Perma-Smile is running hot and heavy though. I can't wait for Draft Day!
Lmao at Rod......When you dont usually drink but Jerry says “If you don’t your fired”

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it with me that I like the coaches nobody likes and don't really get excited about the guys everybody seems to love.

I love the SEA defensive design. But they lost so many DCs there over the years, to get the one guy Pete Carroll actually fired doesn't do all that much for me. I mean, he's a good fit for what we needed and I'm happy to have him, but I don't consider this guy a whiz-kid slam dunk coach for us, or the incumbent DC in waiting now (though I do think he'd get serious consideration for that job if it were to open up and we play well this year).

As for Jones, the guy went back and forth from S to CB going back to college. The fact that we want a tall CB in the backfield right now doesn't mean much in terms of the new guy's ability to problem solve anything. It just happens to be a physical fit for what he's looking for in his system. It's great, but it's not earth-shaking that we're going into the season penciling Byron Jones in as a CB all fo a sudden.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What is it with me that I like the coaches nobody likes and don't really get excited about the guys everybody seems to love.

I love the SEA defensive design. But they lost so many DCs there over the years, to get the one guy Pete Carroll actually fired doesn't do all that much for me. I mean, he's a good fit for what we needed and I'm happy to have him, but I don't consider this guy a whiz-kid slam dunk coach for us, or the incumbent DC in waiting now (though I do think he'd get serious consideration for that job if it were to open up and we play well this year).

As for Jones, the guy went back and forth from S to CB going back to college. The fact that we want a tall CB in the backfield right now doesn't mean much in terms of the new guy's ability to problem solve anything. It just happens to be a physical fit for what he's looking for in his system. It's great, but it's not earth-shaking that we're going into the season penciling Byron Jones in as a CB all fo a sudden.
you are truly: