News: It took Kris Richard 1 day to figure out Byron was a corner

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Byron jones over Landon Collins
Jaylon smith over Myles jack
Taco charlton over jj watt

This group should build a defense on free agents who are proven and over pay for the certainty that they can play in the league.

Then just keep drafting offensive players because they are good at it.
Ouch brother ......I’d love to have Collins, jack, and watt. Geeeez

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Jones is a good corner, only thing I didn't like about him is he doesn't do for the interception and just beats it down most the time

kevm3

Reaction score
I hope he also realizes that Xavier woods needs to stay at safety and that we need to stop rotating all of our secondary players around, confusing them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Do just who is the dumbazz who decided to put Byron at S to begin with?
It was their change to a team friendly position flex,to help cover for injuries,and coverage options. I don’t like it though,I want a more physical defense over an athletic one. A couple guys is good,but not as team philosophy. The d-line and secondary have really suffered for it.

Last edited:

Knotamus

Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious to me or anyone that follows the draft on a regular basis. It was rumored that Richards had his eye on Byron Jones (picked 27th)in the 2015 draft before Seattle traded out of the 1st Rd (pick 31) with the Saints to acquire Jimmy Graham. I’m sure Richards already had an idea to make Jones a protege of his style of CBs.. bigger cover corners. So naturally the moment he arrives in Dallas, he already has a plan for Byron.. bc he had a plan for him in Seattle in the same way. The suggestion that our coaches have no clue is not relevant. Dallas had or still has a need for a true Safety. Byron handled himself, but wasn’t the answer..exp the way Richards plans to deploy his safety play. Now bring on Thomas and have Jones covering TEs, which he excelled at. It’s that simple.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Jones is a good corner, only thing I didn't like about him is he doesn't do for the interception and just beats it down most the time
He’s just an athlete. Good cover guy,and you can put him on TEs...just not a playmaker,or physical tackler.