It took Tony Dungy longer than we want to wait

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
After seeing the same things that plagued this team all year be our downfall in a single elimination tournament....AND after hearing Wades press conference....I have a much better understanding of what Wade will ultimately get accomplished in Dallas...and it will not be a champinoship

Poor kickoff and punt coverage. Missed tackles. Penalties. Soft Zone. AND JACQUES REEVES. Despite what our eyes told us all year, Wade insisted Jacques was coming along fine. Well of couse he does not hear from us, so he would not believe us. But you should at least be alarmed that the Giants looked for HIM ALL DAY LONG. And Wades demeanor will not fix what is wrong with this team from a penalty perspective. I think the soft zone issues can be fixed with better personell. And I think the coverage teams will be fixed with the right guys that understand how valuable special teams are to a team. And we miss tackles because we are not intense enough.

Then their is the issue of a team devoid of leaders. And it is really not Wade's fault. Bill Parcells was a larger than life figure and he ruled the lockeroom by HIMSELF. Which is why he wanted Emmit gone as soon as he got here. That has left a lockeroom full of chruch mouses. That has left a team where players are afraid to hold each other accountable DURING the heat of battle. You always get cryptic answers from them after the game...which is their round about way of avoiding calling a teamate to the carpet. You definitley don't see them get in each other's face during the game...and the Coaches will not either. Actually, the few times I saw TO get fired up on the sideline during the game the other players looked scared...that is how damaged and fragile their pysches are. They are not accustomed to anyone showing intensity other than Parcells. Simply put, it was a no no when he ruled the kingdom.

That leads me to my point about the Tony Dungy reference. Sure nice guys can eventually get it done...but it took him a lot longer than Wade has. So if we are going to try to win this thing with Wade...we are going to have to get a neanderthal in the lockeroom. Who get these guys to play with the intensity that Marion Barber plays with. For a defense this big and powerful...they play like lambs. I suggested Ray Lewis and some people understand my point. Akin Ayodele is done. Ray can take his place and give this team the fire they need to compete. We have the physical skill...we are just mentally afraid to exert ourselves. I mean I have seen Ray Lewis on pure will get the defense AND the offense to believe they could beat anybody. He raised the level of play in even the least talented players on the team. We have talented players...but it's almost like they are afraid of success.

Bottom line is this...Wade does not have the personality to fix what is wrong with this team....he has already said he puts it on the players...well the players necessary to fix what ails us are not here..and we need a couple of them in the worst way

sago1

Reaction score
I was glad to hear Phillips say in his PC that he now knows this team and there will be changes. I also have no problem with his stressing again that we did win 13 games. That's not chump change and I admit no matter how badly I feel about this playoff loss all those wins made me so very happy to watch during this season. However, hopefully he understands that the Cowboys are about at least going deep into the playoffs and winning SBs. Hopefully during discussions between Phillips and Jones over the next many months that point will be continually stressed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
bbailey423;1906041 said:
After seeing the same things that plagued this team all year be our downfall in a single elimination tournament....AND after hearing Wades press conference....I have a much better understanding of what Wade will ultimately get accomplished in Dallas...and it will not be a champinoship

Poor kickoff and punt coverage. Missed tackles. Penalties. Soft Zone. AND JACQUES REEVES. Despite what our eyes told us all year, Wade insisted Jacques was coming along fine. Well of couse he does not hear from us, so he would not believe us. But you should at least be alarmed that the Giants looked for HIM ALL DAY LONG. And Wades demeanor will not fix what is wrong with this team from a penalty perspective. I think the soft zone issues can be fixed with better personell. And I think the coverage teams will be fixed with the right guys that understand how valuable special teams are to a team. And we miss tackles because we are not intense enough.

Then their is the issue of a team devoid of leaders. And it is really not Wade's fault. Bill Parcells was a larger than life figure and he ruled the lockeroom by HIMSELF. Which is why he wanted Emmit gone as soon as he got here. That has left a lockeroom full of chruch mouses. That has left a team where players are afraid to hold each other accountable DURING the heat of battle. You always get cryptic answers from them after the game...which is their round about way of avoiding calling a teamate to the carpet. You definitley don't see them get in each other's face during the game...and the Coaches will not either. Actually, the few times I saw TO get fired up on the sideline during the game the other players looked scared...that is how damaged and fragile their pysches are. They are not accustomed to anyone showing intensity other than Parcells. Simply put, it was a no no when he ruled the kingdom.

That leads me to my point about the Tony Dungy reference. Sure nice guys can eventually get it done...but it took him a lot longer than Wade has. So if we are going to try to win this thing with Wade...we are going to have to get a neanderthal in the lockeroom. Who get these guys to play with the intensity that Marion Barber plays with. For a defense this big and powerful...they play like lambs. I suggested Ray Lewis and some people understand my point. Akin Ayodele is done. Ray can take his place and give this team the fire they need to compete. We have the physical skill...we are just mentally afraid to exert ourselves. I mean I have seen Ray Lewis on pure will get the defense AND the offense to believe they could beat anybody. He raised the level of play in even the least talented players on the team. We have talented players...but it's almost like they are afraid of success.

Bottom line is this...Wade does not have the personality to fix what is wrong with this team....he has already said he puts it on the players...well the players necessary to fix what ails us are not here..and we need a couple of them in the worst way

:hammer:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
sago1;1906174 said:
I was glad to hear Phillips say in his PC that he now knows this team and there will be changes. I also have no problem with his stressing again that we did win 13 games. That's not chump change and I admit no matter how badly I feel about this playoff loss all those wins made me so very happy to watch during this season. However, hopefully he understands that the Cowboys are about at least going deep into the playoffs and winning SBs. Hopefully during discussions between Phillips and Jones over the next many months that point will be continually stressed.
I have a problem with it because it does not matter what you win in the regular season. This is not the BCS. There are no final rankings. It is a single elimination tournament, and the Giants won fewer games than us...yet they are still playing. Do you think anyone is going to stress how many games they won during the regular season at the end of their season? You cannot repeat the same mistakes all year and expect to win playoff games. Jimmy Johnson said this team did not get better as the season progressed. And if Wade contends we did we should all be very afraid. We covered kicks and punts poorly ALL YEAR. We tackled terribly ALL YEAR. We commited penalties ALL YEAR. And we did ALL OF THOSE THINGS YESTERDAY AND WE LOST!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;1906778 said:
I have a problem with it because it does not matter what you win in the regular season. This is not the BCS. There are no final rankings. It is a single elimination tournament, and the Giants won fewer games than us...yet they are still playing. Do you think anyone is going to stress how many games they won during the regular season at the end of their season? You cannot repeat the same mistakes all year and expect to win playoff games. Jimmy Johnson said this team did not get better as the season progressed. And if Wade contends we did we should all be very afraid. We covered kicks and punts poorly ALL YEAR. We tackled terribly ALL YEAR. We commited penalties ALL YEAR. And we did ALL OF THOSE THINGS YESTERDAY AND WE LOST!

It is also his 1st season as HC of this team. Sorry I think it is stupid to turn this team upside down because we have some fans who wants to win the 1st season a new coach takes over. Do we fire the next guy after 1 season as well? Thank god you people are not in change this team would stay at the bottom.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1906994 said:
It is also his 1st season as HC of this team. Sorry I think it is stupid to turn this team upside down because we have some fans who wants to win the 1st season a new coach takes over. Do we fire the next guy after 1 season as well? Thank god you people are not in change this team would stay at the bottom.
i NEVER said fire Wade..read the original post...I said because of Wades demeanor...and the demanor of the players in place...we are going to have to get some outspoken locker room leaders in here to get these young guys to understand what winning BIG (not in the regular season) is all about...that is my point....we need some guys in the lockeroom that have actually won!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;1907028 said:
i NEVER said fire Wade..read the original post...I said because of Wades demeanor...and the demanor of the players in place...we are going to have to get some outspoken locker room leaders in here to get these young guys to understand what winning BIG (not in the regular season) is all about...that is my point....we need some guys in the lockeroom that have actually won!

We have vocal guys on this team we need them to execute the damn plays. Football is not that damn complicated these guys have been playing most of their lives having some guy hollering in the locker room is not going to mean jack. Ray Lewis can holler all he wants but in the end the Ravens still sucked big time because their teams overall execution both offense and defense sucked.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The soft zones and Jacque Reeves are Phillips fault?

When you have a CB thats not very good you have to play sof t or youg et burned for big plays. He played soft and still got burned deep. Thats a skill issue and I really see our defense being dominant if we can get a top CB in the draft.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907066 said:
We have vocal guys on this team we need them to execute the damn plays. Football is not that damn complicated these guys have been playing most of their lives having some guy hollering in the locker room is not going to mean jack. Ray Lewis can holler all he wants but in the end the Ravens still sucked big time because their teams overall execution both offense and defense sucked.
they were bad this year...but you are making a JOKE of yourself...you give the Ravens our offense and they probably win every Super Bowl this decade....the fact that they even won a super bowl and had solid records was a testament to the will of the players on that defense...in particular him. And stop getting caught in Ray Lewis...we need SOMEBODY...who can get these guys to have their motor going non-stop. That first Toomer TD was like we were playing two hand touch...I mean Henry just touches the guy..this is PLAYOFF football...how could he not be ready to drill this guy! You are sadly mistaken if you think execution is our BIGGEST problem. It is going to take highly motivated players and coaches to bounce back from this disaster...and a couple of players that were not here to suffer through this game would help infuse this team with some life. All YEAR next year everyone will keep reminding these players that the regular season means ZERO....because of how we finished. If we lost to the Packers in the NFC championship game...and it was a hard fought good game...we can all look to next year with high hopes. But we are going to be reminded about NOT winning a playoff game in 12 years...Wade is going to be reminded that he has never won a playoff game...in addition...we are going to have to win 12 games just to be in this position again...we have a real uphill battle.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907079 said:
The soft zones and Jacque Reeves are Phillips fault?

When you have a CB thats not very good you have to play sof t or youg et burned for big plays. He played soft and still got burned deep. Thats a skill issue and I really see our defense being dominant if we can get a top CB in the draft.
Well then get him off the field. A corpse could have played better. EVERYONE saw how bad Reeves played all year...but Wade insisted he was coming along. Maybe he stuck with him to save face for cutting Glenn. And I don't know if cutting Glenn was Wades decision of Jerry's...but Jacques Reeves sucked all year long and he was NEVER replaced.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;1907083 said:
they were bad this year...but you are making a JOKE of yourself...you give the Ravens our offense and they probably win every Super Bowl this decade....the fact that they even won a super bowl and had solid records was a testament to the will of the players on that defense...in particular him. And stop getting caught in Ray Lewis...we need SOMEBODY...who can get these guys to have their motor going non-stop. That first Toomer TD was like we were playing two hand touch...I mean Henry just touches the guy..this is PLAYOFF football...how could he not be ready to drill this guy! You are sadly mistaken if you think execution is our BIGGEST problem. It is going to take highly motivated players and coaches to bounce back from this disaster...and a couple of players that were not here to suffer through this game would help infuse this team with some life. All YEAR next year everyone will keep reminding these players that the regular season means ZERO....because of how we finished. If we lost to the Packers in the NFC championship game...and it was a hard fought good game...we can all look to next year with high hopes. But we are going to be reminded about NOT winning a playoff game in 12 years...Wade is going to be reminded that he has never won a playoff game...in addition...we are going to have to win 12 games just to be in this position again...we have a real uphill battle.

I'm interested in players who will go out and execute their jobs, now if they are vocal great but I'm more interested in how a guy does his job over what he is saying. Talk does not win ball games execution is what will win. As for telling players what post season means I think they know what it means I don't think these guys are morons? You seem to have a clue as to what post season means are you telling me that these guys who have worked their way into the NFL do not have a clue? sorry not buying into this rah rah BS and you are sadly mistaken if you think talk will win in the NFL talk mean nothing at all unless you go out and back it up and you back it up by your play not BS words. I don’t think lack of motivation was a problem in this past game or this entire season I think mental mistakes and penalties was our undoing. Irvin as vocal as he was would not have had the impact on this team if not for the fact that he would backup his words with this play it is all about production

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbailey423;1907086 said:
Well then get him off the field. A corpse could have played better. EVERYONE saw how bad Reeves played all year...but Wade insisted he was coming along. Maybe he stuck with him to save face for cutting Glenn. And I don't know if cutting Glenn was Wades decision of Jerry's...but Jacques Reeves sucked all year long and he was NEVER replaced.

They did try and phase in Ball but that was not working. CB is one of the toughest positions in the NFL to play and outside of Newman and Henry the cupboard is pretty bare. Glenn is not very good. He was playing toast for Jax this year and other than using his savvy to jump routes he just cannot keep up with WR anymore.

CB has to be our biggest priority.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907154 said:
I'm interested in players who will go out and execute their jobs, now if they are vocal great but I'm more interested in how a guy does his job over what he is saying. Talk does not win ball games execution is what will win. As for telling players what post season means I think they know what it means I don't think these guys are morons? You seem to have a clue as to what post season means are you telling me that these guys who have worked their way into the NFL do not have a clue? sorry not buying into this rah rah BS and you are sadly mistaken if you think talk will win in the NFL talk mean nothing at all unless you go out and back it up and you back it up by your play not BS words. I don’t think lack of motivation was a problem in this past game or this entire season I think mental mistakes and penalties was our undoing. Irvin as vocal as he was would not have had the impact on this team if not for the fact that he would backup his words with this play it is all about production
glad you used Irvin..because as well as Troy executed..we won games..heck we won PLAYOFF games..without Troy...without Irvin...we won ZIP. He was the heart and soul of our team and he was a VOCAL LEADER. We have plenty of guys with Troy Aikman style leadership...but that is not enough. We need vocal leaders who play well...I don't care we get them...but right now we do not have them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbailey423;1907196 said:
glad you used Irvin..because as well as Troy executed..we won games..heck we won PLAYOFF games..without Troy...without Irvin...we won ZIP. He was the heart and soul of our team and he was a VOCAL LEADER. We have plenty of guys with Troy Aikman style leadership...but that is not enough. We need vocal leaders who play well...I don't care we get them...but right now we do not have them.

He was also one of the top executing WR in the league.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907164 said:
They did try and phase in Ball but that was not working. CB is one of the toughest positions in the NFL to play and outside of Newman and Henry the cupboard is pretty bare. Glenn is not very good. He was playing toast for Jax this year and other than using his savvy to jump routes he just cannot keep up with WR anymore.

CB has to be our biggest priority.
I agree...but it is unacceptable to have our season go up in flames in 40 seconds at the end of the 1st half because of a 7th round pick who is a free agent that we have no intentions or re-signing. As fans of a team who have waited 11 years...as an owner that has spent millions...you cannot let the season come down to that. PERIOD! The Giants were playing guys off the practice squad one week ago...and they had no problems covering us. Maybe we should have attacked Eli and scrapped that stupid soft zone. But you cannot sit there and watch Jacques implode in a single game elimination tournament

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbailey423;1907203 said:
I agree...but it is unacceptable to have our season go up in flames in 40 seconds at the end of the 1st half because of a 7th round pick who is a free agent that we have no intentions or re-signing. As fans of a team who have waited 11 years...as an owner that has spent millions...you cannot let the season come down to that. PERIOD! The Giants were playing guys off the practice squad one week ago...and they had no problems covering us. Maybe we should have attacked Eli and scrapped that stupid soft zone. But you cannot sit there and watch Jacques implode in a single game elimination tournament

Jones is the GM. Now i agree our talent level at CB is atrocious but its something i can definitely see rectified this offseason.

And we did blitz but unfortunately the Giants have an excellent line. McKenzie, Snee and Diehl are very very good.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907200 said:
He was also one of the top executing WR in the league.
more importantly was his will...he was not the biggest fastest or strongest...but he could uplift an entire team. Kind of like Marion Barber gave the offense and the crowd a boost when he comes into the games. Listen folks...we can agree to disagree...but the proof is right in front of us..we tackled poorly all year...we had penalites all year...we did not cover punts and kicks all year. Those things beat us yesterday. So when you go all season and make the same msitakes all year...the message is not getting through...and if the coach cannot get the message accross...get some guys in here who can. Do you remeber the story of Charles Haley putting the hole in the wall after we started the season 0-2 because of Emmits holdout. Do you know we went on to win the Super Bowl. Do you know of anyone on this team that could have that would be able to do that and get the intended response?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbailey423;1907215 said:
more importantly was his will...he was not the biggest fastest or strongest...but he could uplift an entire team. Kind of like Marion Barber gave the offense and the crowd a boost when he comes into the games. Listen folks...we can agree to disagree...but the proof is right in front of us..we tackled poorly all year...we had penalites all year...we did not cover punts and kicks all year. Those things beat us yesterday. So when you go all season and make the same msitakes all year...the message is not getting through...and if the coach cannot get the message accross...get some guys in here who can. Do you remeber the story of Charles Haley putting the hole in the wall after we started the season 0-2 because of Emmits holdout. Do you know we went on to win the Super Bowl. Do you know of anyone on this team that could have that would be able to do that and get the intended response?

Irvin was one of the strongest. He outmuscled DBs all day long.

Most of our penalties were by the offensive line and i agree the holding and false starts were maddening.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;1907215 said:

More important was his physical talent and work ethic. Mike was no doubt a vocal leader but he put in the hours and he was a threat because he could make the plays not because he could trash talk or holler at other guys. I'm not saying that having vocal player is not a good thing I don't think this team lacks motivation i think we lost a game and fans are over reacting and looking for a magic bullet that will just fix what is wrong. We lost because we made mental mistakes we had too many penalties that killed drives or helped the Giants extend theirs but that has nothing to do with a lack of motivation.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907280 said:
More important was his physical talent and work ethic. Mike was no doubt a vocal leader but he put in the hours and he was a threat because he could make the plays not because he could trash talk or holler at other guys. I'm not saying that having vocal player is not a good thing I don't think this team lacks motivation i think we lost a game and fans are over reacting and looking for a magic bullet that will just fix what is wrong. We lost because we made mental mistakes we had too many penalties that killed drives or helped the Giants extend theirs but that has nothing to do with a lack of motivation.
poor tackling gave Amai Toomer a TD...poor tackling gave the Giants field position for their 3rd TD...all I am saying is that this coaching staff did not get things that plagued us all year corrected. This coaching staff has also said it treats the players like men. So the demeanor of the coaching staff is NOT going to change...then perhaps we get some guys in here who can inspire their teamates.