It would appear that the defense is the issue, but

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
According to you, it's perfectly fine for the offense to go AWOL for a full half of the game, why is that?

The Cowboys have had 146 points scored against them, easily the most in the NFL. Only the Seahawks have scored more points than the Cowboys.

You and the OP need to get a clue, Count. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We all agree the D sucks and is soft as a baby's backside, But we also blame the offense for disappearing, do you?
again.... is your expectations for the offense to score points in every quarter every game? lets make sure we can outline our expectations.

I made mine clear, but you are dancing around, spinning and avoiding

and some how you are ignoring the 24 pt 4th quarter output....I asked if 4th quarter points don't count?

and in comparing teams. Bucs scored 14 points at the half today and brady threw a pick 6..... we scored 14 at the half.

eagles scored 0 in 2nd and 3 in 3rd....a whole 3 points more than cowboys...yet they won the game scoring only 25 points...

chiefs scored 0 points in a quarter last week against ravens..... and total of 7 points in one of the game...

Dracula

Reaction score
I don’t understand how there are any posts about the offense when the defense has given up ~40 points a game. The Brown’s ran for 300+ yards. Mayfield only threw for 165 yards today.

criticizing the offense? Really?
All's fair. Everyone is griping about the D and rightly so but the D held Cleveland to 25 points over three quarters of the game. The offence sure didn't help anything by committing 2 costly turnovers, which resulted in short field Cleveland TD's, and went two full quarters without any points whatsoever, which is double damning, considering they have a very good long range field goal kicker and your giving the offence a pass, really? How in the hell does the offence go from nothing for 2 quarters and two turnovers resulting in short field Cleveland TD's and to running the browns D off the field, in the fourth? With 3;30ish to go in the fourth, Cle had 20 yards of offence vs Dallas' 215, where was anything resembling that in the 2nd and the third? Why act like the offence was not part of the problem, really?

conner01

Reaction score
The real score of this game was 41-14. I don’t really care that the D started getting stops and the O started scoring in the 4th. That was garbage time. So when you get beat at home 41-14, both sides of the ball are to blame. I don’t get this viewpoint that it has to be one or the other. It can be (and it is) both sides of the ball.
It’s not garbage time when you bring your team back to within 3 points
That’s called a comeback
And had the defense not folded once again we came back and had a real chance to win the game

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
[QUOTE="CowboysFaninHouston, post: 10469135, member: 6090"]Bucs and brady put up 14 at the half....and brady threw a pic 6 to boot...

yet they won...because their defense gave up only 31....only if our defense could do that[
/QUOTE]

100% correct, it is also true that the game was 24-14 LAC at the half , it is also true that Brady put 14 points on the board in the 3rd quarter and another 10 in the 4th quarter. Brady scored points in every quarter of the game and even after his pick 6 he and the Bucs offense did not go to sleep for 2 quarters like our offense did. LAC have a much better D than the Browns which make that even more impressive for Brady and the Bucs offense, as opposed to our vaunted offense that did nothing for half of the game while the Browns were pulling away

Rayman70

Reaction score
only 31? lol...YOU SAY THAT AS IF THATS GOOD. lol..hopefully your kidding. Defense is optional this year.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s not garbage time when you bring your team back to within 3 points
That’s called a comeback
And had the defense not folded once again we came back and had a real chance to win the game

By definition It's not a comeback if you don't win! It's called falling short

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you talking about the same offense that waited until they were behind 38-14 and had basically entered garbage time before finally coming to life?

I hope you and others have noticed this trend through the first 4 games.
Considering they got within 3 I wouldn't call it garbage time. Scoring enough to be in the game isn't exactly garbage.

But granted that with a large lead the Browns would have allowed some underneath plays to keep from giving up big plays, but the Cowboys still managed to slide in some big plays too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The real score of this game was 41-14. I don’t really care that the D started getting stops and the O started scoring in the 4th. That was garbage time. So when you get beat at home 41-14, both sides of the ball are to blame. I don’t get this viewpoint that it has to be one or the other. It can be (and it is) both sides of the ball.
Lol, no it's really not the "real score."

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Considering they got within 3 I wouldn't call it garbage time. Scoring enough to be in the game isn't exactly garbage.

But granted that with a large lead the Browns would have allowed some underneath plays to keep from giving up big plays, but the Cowboys still managed to slide in some big plays too.
That is just one of the many over/mi-used phrases.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By definition It's not a comeback if you don't win! It's called falling short
You have a false definition. It is a comeback, just not a comeback win. A comeback just means coming back from a big hole, which they did, but a comeback can fall short of victory.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You have a false definition. It is a comeback, just not a comeback win. A comeback just means coming back from a big hole, which they did, but a comeback can fall short of victory.

Ok so we can call it a comeback loss? LOL...your splitting hairs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well damn, they should have stopped the game when we got behind against Atlanta then, and stopped the game in the 3rd quarter yesterday. I wasn't aware playing the full game was no longer required. Thanks for the info.

Dracula

Reaction score
again.... is your expectations for the offense to score points in every quarter every game? lets make sure we can outline our expectations.

I made mine clear, but you are dancing around, spinning and avoiding

and some how you are ignoring the 24 pt 4th quarter output....I asked if 4th quarter points don't count?

and in comparing teams. Bucs scored 14 points at the half today and brady threw a pick 6..... we scored 14 at the half.

eagles scored 0 in 2nd and 3 in 3rd....a whole 3 points more than cowboys...yet they won the game scoring only 25 points...

chiefs scored 0 points in a quarter last week against ravens..... and total of 7 points in one of the game...
There is no denying that the Dallas D sucked but you continue to deny the offence had contributed any stink to this game. Scoring 24 in the fourth means diddly when you're behind 27, especially, when you contributed nothing, zilch, nada, to help the defence for two full quarters. You can have your moral victory. My position is both sides of the ball stunk.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so we can call it a comeback loss? LOL...your splitting hairs
lol - you were the one that said a comeback has to be a win, so it was you picking at the definition, not me. I was just setting the record straight. You can call it a comeback the fells short. People say that all the time.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well damn, they should have stopped the game when we got behind against Atlanta then, and stopped the game in the 3rd quarter yesterday. I wasn't aware playing the full game was no longer required. Thanks for the info.

Atlanta game was the same thing...only difference is we didn't get a miracle to win it yesterday..and if getting a miracle every week late in the 4th is our teams gameplan we are in big trouble!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
lol - you were the one that said a comeback has to be a win, so it was you picking at the definition, not me. I was just setting the record straight. You can call it a comeback the fells short. People say that all the time.

That is what you call a loss not a comeback