It's a SHAME but Changes are coming again...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2297980 said:
"So called talent" only carries you so far, Dallas doesn't have the leadership or heart to win a championship.

That's exactly how it shows in the games. I don't know if it's a character problem or if wade doesn't prepare the players the right way.

All i know is that the players i watch don't look hungry at all. They look like they expect the win falling in their lanes and they just have to grab it.

When i watch the eagles or the Commanders or even the packers those teams looked hungry to me. I haven't seen this in our players for a while. That means this is not a problem of one game but a constant that scares me a bit.

It's like Aikman said. This team has had so many big plays that it is used to it. When another team takes away the big play and Dallas has to work for it's success frustration sets in very quickly. Players like Owens start crying and fingerpointing because of this or that. But they don't start fighing for the inches.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I now wish we would have hired capers no matter if it ruffled Stewart's feathers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
landryscorner;2297835 said:
I guess we can't have it all huh guys, we've got a lot of talent , just not on the coaching staff, lets's face it, Brian Stewart, Special Teams coach, wade, you think they will be here next year??? really it's a shame because with this much TALENT on your team, they should make their job that much easier....that shows you where we are at in coaching....I said it before, "Heads are gonna Roll" you just watch....

I think how this team does will determine a lot. We have played 4 game and have won 3 with 12 to play until then this is just a bunch of mindless banter

thewireman

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2298209 said:
Firing Wade right now would be a horrible decision. The right thing to do though is question the approach which is what our fans and the media are doing. I'll tell you one thing though, the players are playing flat because they aren't motivated and that is Wades job to motivate. Whether he wants to accept that before a game, during a game, at half time or after the game. One of Wades greatest responsibilities all season is to motivate. No motivation, no long season.

Why is it a team full of millionaires can't motivate themselves to win? If your getting paid as much as they are, maybe they should be motivated to win. This is why I'm a fan of performance based pay not big contracts right off the bat. If you play like crap you don't get paid much, if you play well you get paid more. These guys don't care if they win or lose now because they have there money already.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2298416 said:
I think how this team does will determine a lot. We have played 4 game and have won 3 with 12 to play until then this is just a bunch of mindless banter

I nearly gasped when I saw our schedule to start the season last Spring. *0-3* screamed at me for some reason.

I'm THRILLED to be 3-1 at this point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298440 said:
I nearly gasped when I saw our schedule to start the season last Spring. *0-3* screamed at me for some reason.

I'm THRILLED to be 3-1 at this point.

I agree, we are 3-1 and yes we need to continue on working on improvements but I would much rather be 3-1 and looking to improve than being 1-3 looking to improve. Before you can hope to win a playoff game or a SB you must win in the reg season and that is the only focus this team needs to have the here and now not what may or may not happen 13 or 14 weeks down the line. Work hard continue to improve and we will see where we are in the end.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I can't believe some of the things I'm reading in this and other threads.

Are some of you actually thinking before you post, or are you just joining the mob?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
YoMick;2298129 said:
I aint big on Cowher. Without the ref's he is winless in what 3 or 4 AFC title games and loses both SB's.
Cowher won a SB, made it to another, and averaged 10 wins a year, coaching for an organization that would not spend any $, not even to keep their own free agents. He also accomplished much of that without a decent quarterback. Before he got Roethlisberger, he was winning 10 games a year - usually making the playoffs - with guys like Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell.

I'd say he could coach cirlces around 90% of the guys out there now. And if any coach could demand the toughness our team lacks, it would be him.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't see Wade and his staff going anywhere after this season. Overall, Wade is doing a good job. He even accepts blame here/there to avoid pinning it on who is most likley more at fault (the players).

Garrett is the ideal coach in waiting, but ppossibly not until 2010 (if he can wait for that).

Is this 1 game causing this? I'd rather have momentum late in the season when we need it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2298465 said:
Cowher won a SB, made it to another, and averaged 10 wins a year, coaching for an organization that would not spend any $, not even to keep their own free agents. He also accomplished much of that without a decent quarterback. Before he got Roethlisberger, he was winning 10 games a year - usually making the playoffs - with guys like Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell.

I'd say he could coach cirlces around 90% of the guys out there now. And if any coach could demand the toughness our team lacks, it would be him.

He had Jerome Bettis all those years though-he was a huge integral part of that team, not only being a big power runner, but the leadership and passion he brought on the field, on the sidelines, and in the locker room as well. When he retired 2 years ago, the Steelers became a COMPLETELY different team.

Pt being that we don't exactly have guys like Bettis on this team, so I can't see how Cowher could be successful here.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
landryscorner;2297835 said:
I guess we can't have it all huh guys, we've got a lot of talent , just not on the coaching staff, lets's face it, Brian Stewart, Special Teams coach, wade, you think they will be here next year??? really it's a shame because with this much TALENT on your team, they should make their job that much easier....that shows you where we are at in coaching....I said it before, "Heads are gonna Roll" you just watch....

This place is really sad now. How do you mods take it?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2298454 said:
I can't believe some of the things I'm reading in this and other threads.

Are some of you actually thinking before you post, or are you just joining the mob?

The sad thing CL is they are thinking before they post. Actually sad is not the best word. Scary is the word. And mob is a great word. And instead of fire Wade they should just own up to it and say lynch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2298465 said:

I said as much... dont know why you did use that part of my quote.

But I am not giving him ALOT of credit for losing all the AFC title games and losing that SB vs. us AND getting help from refs to finally win the last one. No way.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Before the season started, if you had told me that we would be 3-1 through the 1st quarter of the season, with Cleveland on the road, Philly on Monday Night, Green Bay on the road, Washington at home and no major injuries going into a stretch with Cincy, Az, TB and then NY, I would have jumped at that.

This amazes me.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2298643 said:
Before the season started, if you had told me that we would be 3-1 through the 1st quarter of the season, with Cleveland on the road, Philly on Monday Night, Green Bay on the road, Washington at home and no major injuries going into a stretch with Cincy, Az, TB and then NY, I would have jumped at that.

This amazes me.
You have my vote for Post of the day.