It's Amazing How Many Kickers in the NFL Have Dallas Ties

WarC

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2427616 said:
I had the Vanderdrunk experiment totally purged from my memory.

I struggle to maintain composure everytime Darth Vandershank comes up.

"Wide right!"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;2427802 said:
There is no better choice between Folk and Crosby. Both are good kickers. You really can't go wrong with either one. If anything Folk has proven to be better, but it is still way to early to make that call in both of their careers. Folk is also excellent at the on sides kick.

More touchbacks will be nice, but it does not cure the coverage woes. It may even make them worse. You don't want guys covering the kicks to get complacent or lazy while running down because they think the ball is going into the end zone for a touch back. There are much bigger issues than whether Folk can reach the end zone or not.

It's a big enough issue for me.

I would rather go by what is happening - as in bad coverage - than speculating about other players getting lazy because Crosby can kick it into the endzone.

I don't see that as a bad thing.

joseephuss

Reaction score
stasheroo;2427891 said:
It's a big enough issue for me.

I would rather go by what is happening - as in bad coverage - than speculating about other players getting lazy because Crosby can kick it into the endzone.

I don't see that as a bad thing.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. The only bad thing is the kick off coverage. A few more touch backs is not going to change that. Folk is a good kicker. I am glad he is here. Crosby is not better. If anything they are equal. Crosby's kick offs do not make enough of a difference to me at this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;2427914 said:
I didn't say it was a bad thing. The only bad thing is the kick off coverage. A few more touch backs is not going to change that. Folk is a good kicker. I am glad he is here. Crosby is not better. If anything they are equal. Crosby's kick offs do not make enough of a difference to me at this point.

A few more touchbacks would take said 'poor coverage' out of the equation in those instances.

Touchback means no return, hence the poor coverage would be less of a factor, to say nothing of what deeper kickoffs with better hang time would do to help the problem.

Maybe you don't see it as important but I do.

Coverage units are bad but Folk's constantly short kickoffs don't help matters.