It's Bedtime, you see this. What do you do?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, May 15, 2021.

1. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

13,156 Messages
    22,822 Likes Received
    Both!!!!!! (LOL)

Melonfeud and Runwildboys like this.
  2. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Zone Supporter

31,775 Messages
    60,224 Likes Received
    Did we help you win the argument? (assuming it's possible to win an argument with one's wife)

DFWJC and Melonfeud like this.
  3. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,983 Messages
    33,162 Likes Received
    *That's the right way to stay on top of it,tho, I'd got to the point of washing my last plate/bowl,spoon,fork,ect. &
    for awhile, then I just went to paper plates & eating outta the can over the heaped dishes in the sink, and lemme' tell ya,,,being single definitely got certain aspects going for it:thumbup:
    :lmao::starspin::lmao:

CouchCoach and Runwildboys like this.
  4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,871 Messages
    53,766 Likes Received
    I am a clean as you go person because I relish the thought of no work ahead of me. I find that the time that takes annoying me is longer than the time to just clean it and get it out of the way and just walking into a clean and organized kitchen invites having the fun of messing it up. It is announcing to me "I am ready sir, do your worst".

Besides that, I am reminded of a story about my neighbor's wife in Dallas. They had Cutco knives and those have thin sharp blades with one dangerous design flaw. The handle is like a block and the knives will stand up on the back spine with the blade facing up. She had put the dishes on a drainer and when she came back into the kitchen, reached across the blade she didn't see and when that hit her wrist, she lost her balance. My cousin told me it looked like they'd butchered a hog because that knife went into her arm at exactly the wrong angle to create maximum damage and blood loss and they were lucky they lived so close to a hospital. They went to the ER with the knife still in her arm because he was afraid to remove it.

She was in surgery for 9 hours and had three subsequent surgeries to repair nerve damage. All because of something I used to do all the time, leave the dishes out to drain and dry and even leave knives in the sink. I never even considered what could happen until it did to someone I know. I also checked our knife inventory for safety, which I had always just taken for granted.

I recommend you do the same. Because until about 15 years ago, I'd never even thought about it. I also did something else when I began to live alone, I did my own safety inspection and was alarmed at the hazards I had created just waiting for me to make that mistake.

I had my semi-annual physical last week and I have noticed this increase in the questions about my home and asked my Doc why they were asking this. He told me that they, the hospital system and county coroners, have concluded the number one cause of death in this area, which is a retirement area, is falls in the home. I'd always heard most injuries occur at home but deaths? Then I thought about it. My Dad fell and broke his hip at 88 and never recovered and my uncle slipped getting out of the bath, hit his head on the floor and died instantly.

Take care my friends because the real threat is inside our homes.

5. Runwildboys

31,775 Messages
    60,224 Likes Received
    I guess I have to move somewhere else.

Melonfeud likes this.
  6. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,871 Messages
    53,766 Likes Received
    I did that, several times, but then there I'd be, my most dangerous enemy right there in the same house, in the same bed, in the same skin!

It is interesting to note that most accidents, by far, happen at home and the most vehicular accidents resulting in death or hospitalization within minutes of our homes, most within a mile. I suggested the "Good Neighbor Parking Plan", we all volunteer our garage to someone that lives a little over a mile away to cut down on these accidents but that might just increase the pedestrian accidents. I'd rather have an accident inside the car than out in the open. So I shelved this idea until we all get better at walking.

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. Runwildboys

31,775 Messages
    60,224 Likes Received
    I've noticed a lot of people are amazed at those statistics, not thinking about the fact that near home is where we are, more than anywhere else. So why would they expect accidents to be more likely to happen somewhere other than near home?

Maybe you should install an Uber call box every mile.

8. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,871 Messages
    53,766 Likes Received
    I read a psych report on that accident thing and it made perfect sense. Not only is that where we are a lot of the time but where we are the most relaxed and off guard. It's about a mile out of the area where I live to the highway and I know I change my alert status when I get to the highway.

What makes that so odd is that I live in a resort with a high concentration of old people drunk and driving vehicles or golf carts. I saw a head on two years ago with two golf carts and there wasn't anyone under 80 in either cart. One woman was so drunk, she'd already crossed my "not worth taking advantage of" line. Which is a damned liberal line.

9. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

30,871 Messages
    53,766 Likes Received
    Hey Hawk, didn't mean to postjack your thread. I just figured you were off doing the dishes and wouldn't mind a little digression. I am, therefore, I digress.

DeathMonkey and Runwildboys like this.
  10. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

4,554 Messages
    5,919 Likes Received
    I never go to bed at night if there is even one fork in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I clean, dry and put away anything in the sink or the drain board. That includes pots and pans. I also make sure the coffee maker has a full tank of water and two coffee mugs on the counter ready to be filled. I hate getting up in the morning and seeing a mess in the kitchen. I just want to have my coffee, a muffin and my phone so I can read the news.

Runwildboys likes this.
  11. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

24,781 Messages
    29,910 Likes Received
    throw a towel over it...deal with it tomorrow.
    ipso-fatso...solved.
    :thumbup:

12. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

18,589 Messages
    9,020 Likes Received
    You'll go blind...... ;)

13. Seven

18,589 Messages
    9,020 Likes Received
    Find "I dunno" and "Not mine".

cowboyec, Runwildboys and Melonfeud like this.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

12,495 Messages
    8,707 Likes Received
    I wake my wife up and tell her the dishes needs washed before she continues sleeping. Yes, I tell her. That is what I do. My wife does something totally different when I tell her. Her response can not be shared on a family forum.

rags747 and Melonfeud like this.
  15. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

11,140 Messages
    15,959 Likes Received
    Put a towel over it until morning if winter..,summer might wake up with some unwanted roommates

Runwildboys and Melonfeud like this.
  16. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

4,044 Messages
    9,121 Likes Received
    Admonish My scullery Maid with a stern lecture.

17. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

7,137 Messages
    12,507 Likes Received
    While you're sipping tea from your castle turret before going out for a jaunt to watch cricket then hit a pub for a pint?

Runwildboys, Melonfeud and Londonboy like this.
  18. Winonesoon

Winonesoon Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    1,751 Likes Received
    Me likie! I usually wash as i'm cooking. Can't enjoy my meal as much if i Know I have all that stuff to clean up after.

Runwildboys and Melonfeud like this.
  19. Seven

18,589 Messages
    9,020 Likes Received
    You got stones........too bad they're in a jar. Marriage does that. ;)

Melonfeud likes this.
  20. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,983 Messages
    33,162 Likes Received
    Hahaha:lmao:
    ( Man,I couldn't get away w/ half of the shortcut 'stuff' I tend to pull, with an ol' lady hawkin' on me every day/daily):starspin:

Seven likes this.